• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I wanna see the debtor's movie!

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
This is really the simplest answer. If Patrick is in contempt today for failure to pay, Niki is in contempt tomorrow.
Yes. She signed the amortization and blew it off. She was next and Lynn had to put a stop to it.

This SFWA stuff is nonsense. They paid to just make it go away? Why? They aren’t on the hook for any of this shit. They don’t want him telling everyone that they funded his lawsuit? No one reads his Twitter and we’re already telling people that. No one cares.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Idnk about any of that. I did find in my research though that if the payment were more than the 32k it probably wouldn't show up. The amount was never formally updated so it wouldnt show on the website. Hypothetically if this did happen. I have no way to know if it's not listed on the site.
Well that would be an interesting twist if it were true.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Both angles seem to hold some water. I cant pick what version I side with. I am surprised he was able to come up with it in one lump sum no matter how he pulled it off.
That’s why it’s confusing - they went to hearing and signed they would pay in installments but paid zero. I can see Lynne saying “ok, I’ll help you with this monthly” but they didn’t do shit and magically the full amount came in.

I once knew this mess of a woman who had 4 kids by the age of 26 by three different guys who lived with one of her baby daddy’s family who supported her / paid all her shit / lived there rent free and she decided she was moving to Florida for a job that paid 32k - 35k a year because she felt she deserved to live it up in FL it even though it was obvious she wouldn’t be able to support herself and 4 young kids alone on that salary. She figured her baby daddy parents would pay for her to live in Tampa FL without issue. She moved there and moved back within a month because she ran out of money and the family put their foot down. This is what I think is how Lynne reacted and SFWA bailed him out to make him fuck off but who knows.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It is actually illegal to surreptiously fund a lawsuit like that if the sfwa did actually fund it.

That’s what I’m thinking - Mary 3 names gave the ok on this lawsuit as a benefit to all their writer members then had to step down once it went south. They want this mistake to go away

G
  • Deleted by guest
Show…

Prison Enjoyer

That’s why it’s confusing - they went to hearing and signed they would pay in installments but paid zero. I can see Lynne saying “ok, I’ll help you with this monthly” but they didn’t do shit and magically the full amount came in.

The amortization was 100% the doing of Lynne. It was with her lawyers and with Niki listed first in the filing. You're right she most definitely offered to pay it for them each month.

Back in May/June, many brothermen floated the theory that Lynne had sent them advance payment for the first few months and that Pat/Niki were just blowing it on frivolities. Over the amortization period Fat & the Nikster had a MASSIVE jump in their spending; multiple expensive dinners out each week (the fancy seafood place, etc.), FOUR+ concerts including a weekend getaway to Chicago for one of them, numerous trinkets and nerd garbage, etc.

I think that theory was 100% dead-on in retrospect.

Lynne set them up on a plan with her lawyers, sent them the money to pay it with (and pay the lawyer/trustee as well), and Niki/Pat ghosted the legal team and FUCKED OFF with the money to blow it all on cheap thrills for themselves. Fucking pathetic adult manchildren, both of them.

The amortization was 100% the doing of Lynne. It was with her lawyers and with Niki listed first in the filing. You're right she most definitely offered to pay it for them each month.

Back in May/June, many brothermen floated the theory that Lynne had sent them advance payment for the first few months and that Pat/Niki were just blowing it on frivolities. Over the amortization period Fat & the Nikster had a MASSIVE jump in their spending; multiple expensive dinners out each week (the fancy seafood place, etc.), FOUR+ concerts including a weekend getaway to Chicago for one of them, numerous trinkets and nerd garbage, etc.

Lynne set them up on a plan with her lawyers, sent them the money to pay it with (and pay the lawyer/trustee as well), and Niki/Pat ghosted the legal team and FUCKED OFF with the money to blow it all on cheap thrills for themselves. Fucking pathetic adult manchildren, both of them.
If this is true then I fully expect us to enter the big Divorce Season soon.

G

Haha holy shit. Absolutely fucked up if true. Though tbh I think they knew their time was coming and they were just splurging while they still could.

Ok sososososo if the check written to Quasi was actually larger than what was reflected on the court site, there is absolutely no way for us to know what the amount was?

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman
I will maintain until proven otherwise that the 1.2 move is a loan he attempts to escape by filing bankruptcy. He's too much of an arrogant and unlikeable shit to beg friends and family for money and I do not think the smut peddler running SFWA now has the same relationship with Fat that Mary Threenames and Pedophilia Apologist Cat Rambo did. 54k is a big ask and they do have a board as a 501c3. I fully believe they funded the lolsuit but this is straining belief. It's masturbatory to imagine some grand plan on those faggots behalf.

I think Lynne absolutely tried to help at a point either financially directly or paying for legal. There's a strong chance he took her money after she and Thick Nik sat him down before jail was imminent and basically made him take the money. But I still think part or all being debt with the intention of bankruptcy is more Patrick's style. It's definitely Nikki's.

Last edited:
G

That’s what I’m thinking - Mary 3 names gave the ok on this lawsuit as a benefit to all their writer members then had to step down once it went south. They want this mistake to go away

The funnier option would be it was SFWA and it was somehow provable. I don't think current leadership would put themselves in harms way for past leadership though like the other guy said. Unless they themselves could somehow be implicated. I wouldn't put myself in the line of fire for an idiot, but who knows with these morons. From our perspective pat looks like the rock and the hard place and he has both niki and sfwa stuck. It might not be that way though. They might not love him but it's possible they don't hate him. He could just be that annoying guy they have to deal with sometimes. That would put Lynne higher on the list of saviors. She could even give niki a tax free gift of $17,000 I believe, maybe even both of them, per year.

Also I can imagine SFWA-types loving the faux intellectual drivel that pat spouts, they may actually like him. If so and they were funding him that would be reason to distance themselves from him. So they don't draw even more attention to their relationship.

The funniest part of all this is that no one believes pat is capable of paying off his own debts. Which probably has to sting the most as he reads these posts. Him and niki may make OK money. I guess if someone from reddit needed help with SEO they could contact a reputable company. Ask for prices maybe. References to their past work/successes even.

As for some of the theories on who fronted the cash to pay Pat's debts, I don't think it's a loan. His credit is shit (not even on the mortgage iirc), he has no steady job/income, and no one is going to loan someone $30,000+ to pay off a debt that they've been dodging for over a year.

I also don't think it is the SFWA, though it could be. Isn't it in the SFWA bylaws (or whatever they're called) that they only "loan" money for lawsuits? They don't just pay for all that shit unless it directly affects them, which this did not. I get that they got their panties in a bunch over Goodreads, but it's just Goodreads and they already got all the bad reviews wiped. If it's a loan, Pat already owes them money. I don't see them throwing another $30,000+ on top of that.

But bigger picture, Pat is no longer an author and he doesn't have any clout anymore. His last book came out three years ago come October, he is no longer in the Tor stable, he no longer writes Op Eds for news websites, and he's nowhere near even finishing the Tiny Tim book. He is for all intents and purposes not an author anymore.

Which brings us to Lynne. While it is a lot of money, I think she has it. She has a business, she's old and presumably has a lot of savings/retirement money, plus her husband died so she got whatever money he had, too (incidentally, this is where I think Niki and Pat get their vacation money from; her dad probably left her a little chunk of money and they've been blowing it).

She most likely doesn't give a shit about Pat, but she does care about her daughter and knows that as dysfunctional as Pat is, this is probably the best Niki has ever been in her life. She's an idiot and a loser who already has a bankruptcy under her belt. Lynne is not about to let her daughter go under again because of her fat idiot son in law. I bet she was going to pay the debt a while ago but Pat had been stalling her by saying he was going to file a motion that would erase the debt. Then Pat's pro se got filed, Lynne read it, realized her daughter was completely fucked, and put her foot down and paid.

TL;DR Pat is fat and got bailed out by his MiL. And Josh Moon is a fat faggot with bitch tits.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
But bigger picture, Pat is no longer an author and he doesn't have any clout anymore. His last book came out three years ago come October, he is no longer in the Tor stable, he no longer writes Op Eds for news websites, and he's nowhere near even finishing the Tiny Tim book. He is for all intents and purposes not an author anymore.

Which brings us to Lynne. While it is a lot of money, I think she has it. She has a business, she's old and presumably has a lot of savings/retirement money, plus her husband died so she got whatever money he had, too (incidentally, this is where I think Niki and Pat get their vacation money from; her dad probably left her a little chunk of money and they've been blowing it).

She most likely doesn't give a shit about Pat, but she does care about her daughter and knows that as dysfunctional as Pat is, this is probably the best Niki has ever been in her life. She's an idiot and a loser who already has a bankruptcy under her belt. Lynne is not about to let her daughter go under again because of her fat idiot son in law. I bet she was going to pay the debt a while ago but Pat had been stalling her by saying he was going to file a motion that would erase the debt. Then Pat's pro se got filed, Lynne read it, realized her daughter was completely fucked, and put her foot down and paid.
This was my entire point. Pat serves no purpose to the SFWA free or in jail. He also doesn’t serve as a negative wether he’s free or in jail. He is absolutely inconsequential. The ONLY way Pat would have been able to get them to foot the bill, as I said before, is blackmail or coercion. They footed 100k for this tard to lose a lawsuit. They didn’t tell him they’d pay his debts and he had every obligation to do so and didn’t. As someone said before, the SFWA is not run by one person. It is a board. So now you’re opening the scope of the conspiracy. Patrick not only blackmailed one person but an organization of people. And instead of reporting him to the police they met his demands. And usually with blackmail there’s a “or else”. So what was it? That he would say they’re pedos? That they got him arrested? That they paid off the lawsuit? That’s not enough to convince an entire org to give 30k to a guy who’s not even a functioning part of it. Sounds far fetched.

Your last sentence I quoted is exactly what I think happened and matches up with the timeline perfectly. In my first comment I really emphasized that Patrick only decided to pay 2 days before the court hearing. The speed of that decision, one that he’s been grinding his heels against for years, screams family intervention rather than some charity stepping in to pick up the pieces. I go back to my original argument. He was resistant to paying until 2 DAYS before the court hearing. Even if someone gave him the money he wouldn’t pay. Someone literally forced his fucking hand and it wasn’t the Pedo association.