• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I wanna see the debtor's movie!

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Stated vs revealed preferences. He doesn't want to go to jail, but he likes to be known as someone who would be willing to for his principles. He's absolutely terrified of going to a Milwaukee jail.
To me there is a difference between saying “I can beat a lion in a fight”, which is an impossible hypothetical, vs saying “I can beat this fucking lion” as you’re being let into its cage.

It’s rib tickling to know that he wrote a 27 page motion to the court that relitigates his case and says he’s not paying a cent only to literally pay every cent a few days later. His buffoonery knows no bounds.
I agree with the theory that the adults in fat's life saw what he filed and knew immediately he was going to put himself in jail and called the law firm. he is so truly pathetic it's unbelievable.

i do wonder which hurt him more: paying quasi, or unsuccessfully telling the bailiff to arrest dan mullen?

Sue Lightning

He signed an NDA with somebody, but still had to announce he was signing one There had to have been a reason someone made him keep something quiet. My guess is that the SFWA benefactors don't want their name associated with this clusterfuck. None of them ever defend him anymore. Mother in Laws are cunts at the best of times, for good hard working men. I can't imagine a MIL giving this much of a shit about such an unlikeable person.
So a MIL isn’t supposed to give a shit about somebody like this but a faggot pedophile sci fi charity is? And they paid him 30k, on top of the 100k, because they don’t want their name associated with this, which it already is? Again not trying to shit on anybody but it makes 0 sense.

It also could be Lynne but I just think the SFWA were threatened by Pat that if he went to jail he would go to his media contacts (throw around NBC News, etc) that this organization funded a lawsuit and it ended up with him in jail.
That could quite possibly be blackmail. “Give me X amount of money to keep quiet about Y thing.” Again i’m trying to entertain this. Even if Pat got put in jail and every media outlet framed it as “SCI FI ORG FUNDS LAWSUIT! SUITOR THROWN IN JAIL!” it’s very obvious that them funding the lawsuit didn’t put Patrick in jail. Patrick not paying did. As far as I understand it’s not illegal to fund a lawsuit. Fucky with the money? Hell yes. But not illegal. And lets be for real…this is a group that supports and harbors pedos. Would finding out they blew 6 figures on a lawsuit really make people leave?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
They initially bankrolled the first 100k for his suits, right?
It's not that far off to think they paid the judgement, to be fair.
And they funded it because they saw it as a benefit to ALL their writer members - they said other authors like Cat Rambo etc got bad reviews from trolls on various review sites due to their political beliefs / tweets. That was the whole point of the lawsuit - bad / mean reviews made by people who were trying to hurt book sales. Pat just used himself as the example to sue people for saying his books suck and claiming that hurt his sales and was defamation so pay up for damages. The SFWA has claimed they’ve been under attack from “trolls” for a while - most likely the pedo defender stuff of course - so they went with Pat’s plan to sue the trolls and make it stop. Don’t forget Mary 3 names who we all mocked was in charge at the time and gave the OK to fund this nonsense and had since had to step down. As an organization that relies on membership dues they wanted this whole thing to go away.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
What if I told you not tweeting this would save you at least $32k? Would that be something you would be interested in?

1693342463496.png

Sue Lightning

Why would anyone in Patrick's life cared if he went to jail?
Because even though Patrick is a fat deadbeat thats her kids husband and 1/2 of the household. And lets not forget Lynne isn’t face palming at Ricks every actions. She thinks we’re attacking him because we’re white supremacists. She is ALL in with him. Where the SWFA fund would be straight blackmail (Pay my debts so i can keep quiet about you), Lynnes fund would be more manipulation. (I mean, if you REALLY dont want your daughters husband in jail you COULD do something about it financially…)

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
Have you heard any rumblings about the second round of debt from that Indian fella?
For those who missed the Google quash info before it got buried by the Full Satisfaction, Quaso's attorneys need the judge to set aside the dismissal for them to be able to file some bureaucratic bullshit. They've filed their motion and there's a hearing about it in a couple of weeks

BigBeanFatty

The Official Hungry Bean.
To me there is a difference between saying “I can beat a lion in a fight”, which is an impossible hypothetical, vs saying “I can beat this fucking lion” as you’re being let into its cage.
That $32k didn't randomly materialize out of thin air on Thursday. He had that card in his back pocket, whatever the source, as a last resort if his various stall tactics and final hail Mary didn't pan out.

Sue Lightning

I think Pat kept as much information about this as he could away from his family. As they found out more, they became involved.
This. You guys are kinda dumb if you think

A.) Ricks extended family doesn’t believe he’s being victimized
B.) Ricks extended family doesn’t want him to go to jail

Take the pig blinders off for a moment and remember these are people who not only interact with him everyday but know him as family - Not as some obtuse internet personality. Even the shittiest of MIL wouldn’t let their step son get put out on the street, especially if it put their own kid in harms way.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
So a MIL isn’t supposed to give a shit about somebody like this but a faggot pedophile sci fi charity is? And they paid him 30k, on top of the 100k, because they don’t want their name associated with this, which it already is? Again not trying to shit on anybody but it makes 0 sense.

That could quite possibly be blackmail. “Give me X amount of money to keep quiet about Y thing.” Again i’m trying to entertain this. Even if Pat got put in jail and every media outlet framed it as “SCI FI ORG FUNDS LAWSUIT! SUITOR THROWN IN JAIL!” it’s very obvious that them funding the lawsuit didn’t put Patrick in jail. Patrick not paying did. As far as I understand it’s not illegal to fund a lawsuit. Fucky with the money? Hell yes. But not illegal. And lets be for real…this is a group that supports and harbors pedos. Would finding out they blew 6 figures on a lawsuit really make people leave?
To me it’s just an organization trying to make a potential problem go away. Rick got them into this mess so just pay it and be done with it. Like how you pay in a divorce, just take the money and fuck off. I’ve never been married but I know plenty of guys that paid to make their ex wife go away. They didn’t like it, but it made her go away.

Sue Lightning

That $32k didn't randomly materialize out of thin air on Thursday. He had that card in his back pocket, whatever the source, as a last resort if his various stall tactics and final hail Mary didn't pan out.
My point was is that it’s easy to say “Yes i’m ready to go to jail” when you’re not actually going. This motherfucker had a good chance of being put in prison for his contempt which leads me to believe two things:

1.) He is an actual fucking idiot who was really ready to go to jail. Be a martyr. Remember this is a green rube…he doesn’t even know what jail is like.
2.) He was basically using it as a manipulation tactic. Dragging his feet in the sand saying “I’LL GO TO FUCKING JAIL FIRST!” hoping somebody bails him out.

And in the most realistic scenario, to me, Lynne bailed him out. SFWA had a clear vested interest in funding the lawsuit as @IGotATreeOnMyHouse85 said: If they won, this would set precedent and protect their other authors from negative reviews, fake or not. But they lost and theres nothing to gain out of the pig anymore. Theres nothing they gain or lose by him going to jail, nor is there nothing they gain or lose by him being free. That’s why the only conclusion, if you accept the SFWA bailed him out, is literal blackmail on Ricks part. Which again…just seems more unlikely than his wifes mom saying “This is too fucking far.”

But yes I see what you’re saying and I agree.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
My point was is that it’s easy to say “Yes i’m ready to go to jail” when you’re not actually going. This motherfucker had a good chance of being put in prison for his contempt which leads me to believe two things:

1.) He is an actual fucking idiot who was really ready to go to jail. Be a martyr. Remember this is a green rube…he doesn’t even know what jail is like.
2.) He was basically using it as a manipulation tactic. Dragging his feet in the sand saying “I’LL GO TO FUCKING JAIL FIRST!” hoping somebody bails him out.

And in the most realistic scenario, to me, Lynne bailed him out. SFWA had a clear vested interest in funding the lawsuit as @IGotATreeOnMyHouse85 said: If they won, this would set precedent and protect their other authors from negative reviews, fake or not. But they lost and theres nothing to gain out of the pig anymore. Theres nothing they gain or lose by him going to jail, nor is there nothing they gain or lose by him being free. That’s why the only conclusion, if you accept the SFWA bailed him out, is literal blackmail on Ricks part. Which again…just seems more unlikely than his wifes mom saying “This is too fucking far.”

But yes I see what you’re saying and I agree.
Yeah the whole is very tricky - I can accept Lynne paid it but can argue that the SFWA paid it as a “alright - fuck off” so the whole thing can go away and they can move forward. Some times it’s just what you do to make a problem go away. They went into this mess and now it’s best to just settle and forget about it.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Because even though Patrick is a fat deadbeat thats her kids husband and 1/2 of the household. And lets not forget Lynne isn’t face palming at Ricks every actions. She thinks we’re attacking him because we’re white supremacists. She is ALL in with him. Where the SWFA fund would be straight blackmail (Pay my debts so i can keep quiet about you), Lynnes fund would be more manipulation. (I mean, if you REALLY dont want your daughters husband in jail you COULD do something about it financially…)
Because Niki owes too.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Yeah the whole is very tricky - I can accept Lynne paid it but can argue that the SFWA paid it as a “alright - fuck off” so the whole thing can go away and they can move forward. Some times it’s just what you do to make a problem go away. They went into this mess and now it’s best to just settle and forget about it.
Both angles seem to hold some water. I cant pick what version I side with. I am surprised he was able to come up with it in one lump sum no matter how he pulled it off.