• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I wanna see the debtor's movie!

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout
Mike with a very solid theory on Pat's 1.2 move here in retaining lawyers only 2 days before the hearing:
View attachment 144848

I doubt Sosnay will let him play that card more than once.
sithsosnay.jpg

GloryHoleTorqueH

"Now put ice skates on dat bich." Peppermint
Forum Clout
He’s right here, gang.

You have to try and adapt to the local language as much as possible (Brits are renowned for that. Just as any British boomer in Spain).

I’d recommend saying “love oi noid ta go to Os-pi-uhl, oi was stabbed boi a peaceful lad ‘oo migra’ed here from Sudan”

You take that brit speak and get the fuck out!

You see this emoji!?!? :image_9247:

IT MEANS NOT WELCOME!

Prison Enjoyer

Forum Clout
As others have suspected earlier in this thread after only she submitted a letter, Meghan McCabe (the junior lawyer) is the only one showing up tomorrow. Dickinson has another case (a criminal one) at 10:30 AM tomorrow he has to be at, all the way over in Madison WI.

dick.png

He's also the sole attorney of the defendant in that criminal case, so he can't just let some other lawyer show in his place like he can for Ricky.
2.png

As for McCabe, Pat's case is the only one she has tomorrow.
mccabe.png

G

Yes. In that example, presumably the person saying it and whoever he was addressing both knew which "bathroom" (a hint to America's puritanical beginnings - are you shitting in the bath? No. Just say lavatory or toilet. No one will blush) they were talking about. So you add the definite article "the" to give the noun definite meaning. If they didn't know where the nearest shitter was, they'd have to use an indefinite article "I need to find a bathroom at once. I need to take a dump."
As an aside. I enjoyed this DFW article (in audio form) where he points out that this argue about "Authority and Usage." that it's a lawyer that makes the argument and that it boils down to "trust me" yet it is still a convincing argument.

edit:I heard it in audio form first. Don't have an audio link. srry

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/d-f-w-s-favorite-grammarian[/URL]