• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I wanna see the debtor's movie!

G

1692821882611.png

She's got permanent "what's that smell?" face

G

I need to take a dump. I'm going to go to bathroom.
Yes. In that example, presumably the person saying it and whoever he was addressing both knew which "bathroom" (a hint to America's puritanical beginnings - are you shitting in the bath? No. Just say lavatory or toilet. No one will blush) they were talking about. So you add the definite article "the" to give the noun definite meaning. If they didn't know where the nearest shitter was, they'd have to use an indefinite article "I need to find a bathroom at once. I need to take a dump."

Forum Clout
Yes. In that example, presumably the person saying it and whoever he was addressing both knew which "bathroom" (a hint to America's puritanical beginnings - are you shitting in the bath? No. Just say lavatory or toilet. No one will blush) they were talking about. So you add the definite article "the" to give the noun definite meaning. If they didn't know where the nearest shitter was, they'd have to use an indefinite article "I need to find a bathroom at once. I need to take a dump."
I thought you blokes called it a "loo." Or is that just an Aussie thing?

BoomerSperg

Forum Clout
What? At best he gets a few thousand in interest. At best. But has lost a significant amount of time dealing with this. Its just his attorney fees. that's assuming he gets 100% of his attorney fees back, but that is not likely. No, a negative ROI isn't good.
What if the real fees were all the laughs Quasi had along the way though :colin_sm:

G

If you said “I went to hospital” in North America you’d be viewed as a faggot unless you were a foreigner. Then you’d be viewed as someone who spoke banana boat English.
So so so so so . . . speech makes you a faggot?

The difference is that school and church are or were regularly scheduled activities. Therefore "He went to school. He went to church." But if school wasn't in session or it wasn't Sunday it would "we're going to the school. we're going to the church." "Hospital is not a regularly scheduled activity I hope for you so it's "We're going to THE hospital! Which one? The closest fucking one, hurry!" I love this.

fricklefrackle

Forum Clout
We say "il bagno"... which can mean the bathroom or the bath, which we don't shit in. We love bidets. Very clean assholes.