• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I wanna see the debtor's movie!

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Our star attny, he represented the local PD, he had this thing where he would describe a situation as though you had long ago come to the same conclusion he did. But he did it in this sneaky way where even Judges were misdirected. He got away with shit in court that astounded the others.
“A good lawyer knows the law, the best lawyer knows the judge”

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
Forum Clout
No child I'm not going to jail
YGOXhjX.jpg

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Yeah but, if what Quasi had spent in legal fees were actually a stock position, his has doubled in a year and a half. What other investment vehicle can offer an ROI like that?
I thought this way too but its just a wrong way to look at it. When someone is investing 30,000$ into a stock position, they have 30k lying around. They also make a choice to invest it. They also expect some return.

It can be assumed no matter how rich Quasi is he didn’t have lawyer money laying around. And if he did he didn’t expect to use it fighting a frivolous lawsuit. And lets say Pat isn’t as stupid as he is and he paid back the debt immediately - then there is 0 return on investment and Pat pays back what Quasi put in.

And like Nobacon pointed out, this money isn’t realized and won’t be for a long time. Realistically what ability does Quasi have to get 50k out of Pat? Even if they forcibly liquidated everything Pat owns he’d STILL owe some more. And once again - It isn’t until Pat pays back the original 30k that Quasi starts making “profit”. And lets not forget Rick could wait this out another 20 years for the debt to just be nullified, meaning Quasi loses his entire “investment”

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
As an aside. I enjoyed this DFW article (in audio form) where he points out that this argue about "Authority and Usage." that it's a lawyer that makes the argument and that it boils down to "trust me" yet it is still a convincing argument.

edit:I heard it in audio form first. Don't have an audio link. srry

I read Max's biography on Wallace and all of the DFW essays cited (my favorites are any in which his snobby-grammarian-with-a-stick-up-his-ass side comes out), but never even seen this article. Thanks for posting it.

BoomerSperg

Forum Clout
The saddest part is Fatrick doesn’t seem to understand or care that he’s neck deep in debt to Quasi. He cares more about playing silly games like hiring a lawyer last second to delay the inevitable so he can correcT the record on Twitter. “No, stlaker, there is no hearing tomorrow.”
He's been REAL quiet today aside from that burst of child stlakering this morning so I think it's safe to assume he is incredibly stressed.

G
  • Deleted by guest
Show…

VizioDash

Forum Clout
Why? A month isn't that long!
Patrick, like all niggers, doesn't plan more than a few days in advance at most. To him, a month is all the time in the world. That's three thousand tweets he gets to send, a dozen shitty superhero movies he gets to watch, a few Lego sets he gets to build, hundreds of denials of Kyle's varsity status he gets to make. A one month continuance would be something Pat would celebrate like he just won the lottery.

• Deleted by DominusOdium
Show…