• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Has This Airbnb Been Posted?

Forum Clout
You can clear 250 a night after costs in any beach rental that's just not a dump for a 100 straight nights in the summer and a buck fifty in another 100 nights you rent in the remaing 9 months that's 40k after costs for renting a bit more than half the year. Do some of the work and house keeping you make more, have 3 or 4 of them and it's a good gig and no traditional tenant problems. Unfortunately too many idiots have purchased 350k properties and have big mortgages on them. A few years ago you could buy bungalows on the lake in Michigan, Illinois, Ohio and other places for like 60k and rent them for 1500 a week clearing 1200 for 10 weeks a summer plus a few extra rental weeks. You basically were cash positive with a 5-10% valuation wise every year and 5-10k income. People owned 5 or 6 of these and worked it made them rich and when prices rocketed and people wanted to own not rent you cashed out with a 200k capital gain after years of stable income.

It isn’t what Pat's doing but he is better off renting 10 days a month at 150-200 than a regular tenant at 1300. He owns it he might as well monetize it.
Depends on the definition of "own". His wife has a mortgage on it and don't forget there's also at least one lien on it.

Renting or leasing it outside of short-term grifting binds them to more rules and restrictions. They're barely up to code if at all and who knows if they have the necessary insurance.

866-Ron-0-Fez

Forum Clout
Isn’t it strange that Patrick opened up an AirBNB a year ago, and hundreds of people have stayed at it over the year, and hundreds of people have rated it 3-5 stars, and not ONE of them mentions the police coming to the fucking house.
That IS strange! And all in-between the double secret vacations and all those weekends away at conventions.

That's like two bookings a week, every week. For a year.

G

"Sofia was instructed many hundreds of, times that smoking, is not permitted anywhere inside the premises. She and her, group chose to disregard the instructions which constitutes a felony smoking offence."

"Alex child. You are hereby found, guilty of criminal dog shit leaving. If you ever come near our garden again, be prepared to meet your end."

Kurt_Love

Forum Clout
If these are real people, then he is offering them discounts in exchange for positive reviews and actually writing the reviews himself.

I had an Airbnb host who was sketchy as fuck. He was doing Airbnb in violation of the terms of his lease, and the people working for the management company of the apartment complex kept deactivating the key fob that I was given.

It was a huge pain in the ass just getting into my room. The guy ended up refunding like 75% for the inconvenience, but that was just to avoid getting a negative review. He had only positive reviews even though I'm sure other guests would have had the same issue, so he probably bought off a bunch of them also.
Anyone saying these are all legitimate reviews is fucking retarded. There's endless long reviews that mention Rick by name and how awesome he is. Even if you think there's any chance in the world all these people would have positive things to say about him, why would they all talk about the landlord so much and mention him by name?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
Anyone saying these are all legitimate reviews is fucking retarded. There's endless long reviews that mention Rick by name and how awesome he is. Even if you think there's any chance in the world all these people would have positive things to say about him, why would they all talk about the landlord so much and mention him by name?
I find it hard to believe most of these people found his dump of a hovel to be 5 stars. He was definitely offering a discount or pepperoni for 5 star reviews.

G

I've only used Airbnb a handful of times, but not once have I ever met the owners of the properties. In fact I've never had any need to contact them beyond the initial "the keys etc are here" text/email. The Pig's grandiosity always gives him away.

Cuphead

Forum Clout
I've only used Airbnb a handful of times, but not once have I ever met the owners of the properties. In fact I've never had any need to contact them beyond the initial "the keys etc are here" text/email. The Pig's grandiosity always gives him away.
He allows parties so he can sneak over from the other side of the hovel to get tanked with college kids

G

He allows parties so he can sneak over from the other side of the hovel to get tanked with college kids
In all seriousness though, the last thing anyone wants when using an Airbnb property is the fucking owner hanging around. You pay for the use of the property, not to be a lodger while some fat oaf loiters like a bad smell. In reality, his constant presence would be a cause for complaint, not a positive. His ego has to make out like he's the main attraction though.

Also "He lives upstairs" one of them wrote. Notice not "they live upstairs." Housemates not spouses confirmed.

RoTheHo69

if you ban me, you are gay.
Forum Clout
In all seriousness though, the last thing anyone wants when using an Airbnb property is the fucking owner hanging around. You pay for the use of the property, not to be a lodger while some fat oaf loiters like a bad smell. In reality, his constant presence would be a cause for complaint, not a positive. His ego has to make out like he's the main attraction though.

Also "He lives upstairs" one of them wrote. Notice not "they live upstairs." Housemates not spouses confirmed.
His housemate pays the utilities bill btw.

Cuphead

Forum Clout

Any sort of owner that is still on the property or constantly spying on it through cameras is getting a bad review. Happened once to a friend we had staying in town visiting when I was in college. Went to the airbnb with one other person to grab some beer and all the sudden the owner started calling them accusing of trying throw a party because two extra people were in the house.

fricklefrackle

Forum Clout
e984dd37-1571-4ef8-957a-d24249b223fa.webp