All fawkin in wit da crows

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I'm definitely taking up your hobby of feeding wild birds. My son's are still too young for a dog and I need to connect with nature again in this rotten city now that I'm back.
Crows love cat food and peanuts. Make sure they're just regular shelled peanuts. I'll also sometimes bring tuna for Craig and some boiled eggs for something different.

No bread though. No nutrients in it. Feed the same group of crows long enough and you'll eventually have them feel comfortable around you and one will fall in love with you and stay closer than the others.

This lady here has her Russian Craig and uploads videos almost daily and I copy her style.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
There was a turf war at my house years ago, magpies versus jays. The jays won and I'm glad they did because they would harass my cat and the jays don't do that. I don't know if that same crow (:image_9247:) was in the trees at work today, but I heard a few caws and did a special whistle to let them know it's me. Going to keep it up for the next couple weeks until the gig ends, probably won't have enough exposure to make a friend but maybe they will remember me and my whistle.

Racist Google Intern

I'm not really racist, my best friend is black
Crows love cat food and peanuts. Make sure they're just regular shelled peanuts. I'll also sometimes bring tuna for Craig and some boiled eggs for something different.

No bread though. No nutrients in it. Feed the same group of crows long enough and you'll eventually have them feel comfortable around you and one will fall in love with you and stay closer than the others.

This lady here has her Russian Craig and uploads videos almost daily and I copy her style.

i hear dried fruit is good for em, but I wouldn't trust my cursory knowledge, I sadly failed at rasing a crow youngin that fell out of it's nest multiple times. I wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't in my front yard staring at me for a few days I felt like I had to help, I coulda helped the lil guy more if I reacted faster I think, ah well.
edit: also it wasn't a fresh hatchling the fucker had decent plumage I think he just landed wrong when taking an early flight.

Last edited:

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
UPDATE! The crow definitely recognizes me and my whistle. Today after work I walked down to the deli to get a sandwich, and I saw him following me. Dropped a couple gardettos for him and he didn't wait as long as before to hop down from the tree and get them. If there weren't so many people around I think I'd be making progress more quickly, but it's very promising.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
UPDATE! The crow definitely recognizes me and my whistle. Today after work I walked down to the deli to get a sandwich, and I saw him following me. Dropped a couple gardettos for him and he didn't wait as long as before to hop down from the tree and get them. If there weren't so many people around I think I'd be making progress more quickly, but it's very promising.
That's exciting. Wait until he starts making calls specifically for you and letting the others know.

Eventually you're gonna throw him some food and he'll stand over it and shout out to the others letting them know there's food available. It's one of my favorite things to see Craig yell out food and the others fly down and grab some. They're not greedy little piggies. They'll save some for themself and make sure others get some.

You just made a friend for life. Just don't be mean towards him and don't try to throw food directly at him because it'll probably make him scared and he'll tell the others and next thing you know you're being mobbed.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Any progress on your friend there, @Lamont & Tonelli
I think so. Karl showed up during a lull to caw at me, I dropped a couple piles of unsalted almonds (I can't for the life of me find unsalted peanuts) and he seemed to appreciate them. There's so much activity I can't really get much time to make friends, but clearly he recognizes me. Shame I won't be working there next week, but the following so we'll see.