All fawkin in wit da crows

I almost took a wild turkey to the fucking head the other day. I was paddling down a narrower part of the river and I saw a turkey fly across the water (they "fly" like a chicken flies. They can just flap their wings and glide a decent distance). I was like "Cool. Never seen that before." And then when I got to the spot where it crossed, I heard a bunch of rustling and then another one of the fuckers busted through the trees and went right over my head. I had two fishing rods in holders standing up too, the faggot's lucky it didn't clip one.

I also straight up yell at and argue with geese when they're menacing me. "I WASN'T FUCKING BOTHERING YOU FAGGOTS. GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME." "LET ME BY YOU FUCKING CUNT!"
Have you ever struck one with your paddle?

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Gregory Pecker
Have you ever struck one with your paddle?
No but if one ever gets right up in my shit I totally will. The beavers are worse once those faggots start coming out all day. They're pricks about how they fuck with you too. You'll think they're in one spot but and then they'll surface right beside the kayak and smash their tail down on the water and jumpscare you. And they'll follow you and keep doing it until you're out of what they consider their turf.

One time my buddy almost smacked a sleeping duck for no reason. I'd usually be pissed and be like "why the fuck did you do that?" But I didn't know what was going on at first and the visual of him creeping up holding his paddle up over his head and bringing it down like a cartoon mallet was hilarious and made me laugh. Just barely missed the poor thing, it had no idea he was there.

No but if one ever gets right up in my shit I totally will. The beavers are worse once those faggots start coming out all day. They're pricks about how they fuck with you too. You'll think they're in one spot but and then they'll surface right beside the kayak and smash their tail down on the water and jumpscare you. And they'll follow you and keep doing it until you're out of what they consider their turf.

One time my buddy almost smacked a sleeping duck for no reason. I'd usually be pissed and be like "why the fuck did you do that?" But I didn't know what was going on at first and the visual of him creeping up holding his paddle up over his head and bringing it down like a cartoon mallet was hilarious and made me laugh. Just barely missed the poor thing, it had no idea he was there.
Be careful with the beavers. Some dude in Hungary got bitten by one in the leg, severed his artery and he died.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Gregory Pecker
Be careful with the beavers. Some dude in Hungary got bitten by one in the leg, severed his artery and he died.
Yeah it happens. I have a few spots on the river where I like to stop and get out and stretch out, take a piss and do some shore fishing and I swear the fucking beavers set up shop in my favourite one just to fuck with me particularly. They hate me and I hate them, they're lucky I don't literally blow their shit up. Now I have a new spot but I have to stand in the water and for big dopey cocksuckers they can really sneak up on you, I'm always half afraid of getting bit because I'd bleed out before I got anywhere for help.

Also, the same buddy who almost whacked the duck was following a beaver around taking pictures of it and I told him a couple times to back off of it because it was smashing it's tail and getting pissed and it came up head first out of the water at his arm. In my head, whenever I think about it I remember the thing roaring like a lion when it lunged at him. Then it just went back under and disappeared.

Last edited:

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Crows are valuable friends and have the intelligence of a toddler. If you train them enough eventually you can "befriend" them and they'll start bringing you shit. So hypothetically if you trained a crow well enough you could get it to rob people of their money to bring to you.
Craig has brought me 2 things so far. One is a ball of aluminum foil that was likely in the trash, but it's perfectly round so he must have thought it was useful. He also brought the shell of a ball point pen. I have both items in my glove box where they're safe.

Both were left next to my bag when I was feeding the others. He knows I have food in my bag and he's the only one brave enough to go next to it.

Craig has brought me 2 things so far. One is a ball of aluminum foil that was likely in the trash, but it's perfectly round so he must have thought it was useful. He also brought the shell of a ball point pen. I have both items in my glove box where they're safe.

Both were left next to my bag when I was feeding the others. He knows I have food in my bag and he's the only one brave enough to go next to it.
That sounds awesome.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
That sounds awesome.
It made feel all proud and stuff. It's nuts to think that he must have found these items, thought they were useful in some way to me because he probably seen another human using those items, stashed those items somewhere, seen me, recovered the items from where they were stashed, and brought them to my bag.

That's a lot of brainpower for some bird. They're very intelligent.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Gregory Pecker
It made feel all proud and stuff. It's nuts to think that he must have found these items, thought they were useful in some way to me because he probably seen another human using those items, stashed those items somewhere, seen me, recovered the items from where they were stashed, and brought them to my bag.

They have the brainpower of a seven year old child. There was some series on YouTube where one of Steve Rinella's buddies would hunt and cook game with a guest hunter that you generally wouldn't eat and try to make it taste good.

He did one where he made crow pie and the other guy refused to hunt with him and while they were prepping everything kept making a point of how disgusted he was that the other guy actually killed crows. "You killed something with the mind of a seven year old human child. Congratulations."

Ultimately they both said crow pie is shockingly really good though but the one guy clearly felt dirty about it.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!

They remember faces, be nice to crows.

They absolutely pass information on to their offspring. When Craig first approached me he still had pink in the corner of his mouth so he was fresh out of the nest. I went to feed the group and he walked up with his wings flapping in the way he would be approaching a parent for food. The other crows were cawing at him, but none of them swooped down at me. They eventually quieted down and he was still a few feet away making noises at me and eventually flew away off to group. Over the course of a few weeks he and other other juveniles would be in the grass looking like they were wrestling each other. This is all within a few feet of me. They definitely feel some level of safety around me and probably know I'm not a threat.

I love the little guys.

Dude, they have many documentary on the intelligence of them. In Europe we have their cousins called magpies who been known to ring doorbells to get treats. Where are there crows by you? We just have pigeons here and you've motivated me to feed them too.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Dude, they have many documentary on the intelligence of them. In Europe we have their cousins called magpies who been known to ring doorbells to get treats. Where are there crows by you? We just have pigeons here and you've motivated me to feed them too.
I've seen videos of mags in Australia and their vocalizations are interesting.

I have a park nearby and along a river. They hang out there in a group of at least 20. No other birds in the area beside mourning doves and the crows tend to chase them out of the park especially when they're foraging on the grass for food.

I don't see many pigeons down here, but when i was a kid in Boston I fed pigeons and had a neighbor who had a coop in his yard and I used to watch how he treated them like a house pet. Loved birds my whole life and definitely loved crows the most because of how smart, social, and curious they are.

I've seen videos of mags in Australia and their vocalizations are interesting.

I have a park nearby and along a river. They hang out there in a group of at least 20. No other birds in the area beside mourning doves and the crows tend to chase them out of the park especially when they're foraging on the grass for food.

I don't see many pigeons down here, but when i was a kid in Boston I fed pigeons and had a neighbor who had a coop in his yard and I used to watch how he treated them like a house pet. Loved birds my whole life and definitely loved crows the most because of how smart, social, and curious they are.
I'm definitely taking up your hobby of feeding wild birds. My son's are still too young for a dog and I need to connect with nature again in this rotten city now that I'm back.