You shouldn’t fly direct to location, you should fly to a railway station and then get a train to location. This is what progress looks like, child.

Heyfellas

Where we at with the where we at?
as a bit of a railwayfag myself, casual passenger-railway fags are so retarded it's unreal

the EXPLOSION in low cost flights all over the continent over the past decade (until Jewvid-19) would have never been possible if the US had gone for an extremely demand-inflexible passenger rail system.

just have massive expensive capacity permanently installed no matter the seasonality of demand that because it looks cool on some TV documentary I watched!!!!!!!!!!!! soynigger

but not for pipelines, pipelines bad!!!!! must use trucks that are retardedly more inefficient for that case!!!!!!!!!!
Patrick hasn’t studied anything other than a passing glance at twitter. He 100% couldn’t tell you about demand or even elasticity/inelasticity.

He’s THE know nothing know it all

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
China doesn’t have to deal with years of interest group negotiations, multi state politics, and unions. They can just knock on your door, hand your 12 year old son a shovel and say get to work or we will fucking kill you.
There's something to be said for a system that cuts out a lot of the red tape and promotes a good youth work ethic. Pat might have benefited from such an arrangement in his own husky youth.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Great idea, Pat. Sure, the train operator in my city has been operating at massive losses for decades due to bureaucratic incompetence, general mismanagement, and being held hostage by the unions but you can’t manage a budget so why would you care?

You know what the big difference is between the US and China? China doesn’t have to deal with years of interest group negotiations, multi state politics, and unions. They can just knock on your door, hand your 12 year old son a shovel and say get to work or we will fucking kill you.

I swear to god, he has gotten exponentially dumber over the years.

And in China if your land or property is in the way of the track, sorry that’s our land too bad you’re now homeless.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
4WburLL.png
bzvvmFa.png

bovinebrain

MIND CONTROL!!!
So his solution to a non-existent issue is to build a multi-trillion dollar project which does nothing other than complicate/lengthen travel and still require the use of planes for the system to fundamentally work?

Why hop on a direct 2 hour flight from JFK to Miami when you could hop on a train from NY to NJ and then on a plane from NJ to GA and then finally on a train from GA to Miami? In Rick’s delusional mind this is somehow a better trip than just getting in a direct flight.

I like trains but as always Rick somehow manages to come up with some of the dumbest ideas in history.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
So his solution to a non-existent issue is to build a multi-trillion dollar project which does nothing other than complicate travel and still require the use of planes for the system to fundamentally work?

I like trains but as always Rick somehow manages to come up with some of the dumbest ideas in history.

We will simply tax Donald Trump and Elon Musk to afford it, child.

G

It’s even funnier because this fat slob rarely leaves Milwaukee, yet he sees himself going all over the country on high speed rail
Let's be fair, he has gone on a lot of frivolous vacations to the rube-iest of rube hot spots this past year or so. Not to mention going to sunny detroit or the happening indianapolis to handsell books and hang out at the hotel bar.