WWAWD NFL season?

G

And my team shit the bed. Fucking faggots.

Entertaining games so far though, and I still got denver tomorrow.

G

I watched a shitty 90's teen movie today because I refuse to subject myself to another season of the Jets.
You don't want to watch Joe fucking Flacco play quarterback? Don't blame you. What's said is he's probably the best quarterback on the team. Zach Wilson fucking blows.

I watched a shitty 90's teen movie today because I refuse to subject myself to another season of the Jets.
There are quite a few really sad sack NFL franchises, like the Dolphins, Browns, Bears, whatever Washington is now, Jaguars, Texans, Falcons, those teams that always seem to suck for decades at a time. But two franchises really stand out as being especially doomed...the Lions and the Jets. No matter what the Jets try, they always fail. There's never even a dim hope that maybe they'll be kind of good for a while, it's always just unbearably dreary. I know a few Jets season ticket holders and every year they subject themselves to those horrific Nov/Dec games in the terrible weather, and it's tough to see how any aspect of the experience could be construed as being "fun", much less something you'd actually pay to do. I used to really, really hate the Jets, but over the years I've grown to kind of just feel sorry for them.

G

There are quite a few really sad sack NFL franchises, like the Dolphins, Browns, Bears, whatever Washington is now, Jaguars, Texans, Falcons, those teams that always seem to suck for decades at a time. But two franchises really stand out as being especially doomed...the Lions and the Jets. No matter what the Jets try, they always fail. There's never even a dim hope that maybe they'll be kind of good for a while, it's always just unbearably dreary. I know a few Jets season ticket holders and every year they subject themselves to those horrific Nov/Dec games in the terrible weather, and it's tough to see how any aspect of the experience could be construed as being "fun", much less something you'd actually pay to do. I used to really, really hate the Jets, but over the years I've grown to kind of just feel sorry for them.
I put the Vikings at number one saddest, because they're almost never truly bad. They've historically been pretty good actually, but not one Super Bowl.

I put the Vikings at number one saddest, because they're almost never truly bad. They've historically been pretty good actually, but not one Super Bowl.
The Vikings have had a few memorable moments, at least, like the Stefon Diggs game. With the Jets, though, the best you can hope for is a surprise, crowd-pleasing regular season win over the Dolphins or the Titans or something, and even that ends up screwing them out of a higher draft pick.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
NFL priced me out of going to games. Seeing it live isnt really that great unless its a playoff run and place is rocking. Even then the price is too damn high. Football is way better watching on TV than being there. Baseball and hockey are fun in person. I feel like I miss too much at football games.

HR@PaneraBread

Everything about us is streamlined and efficient
The dim hope is where the debate comes in. Is it better to suck forever so you know the deal or do you want the false hope followed by inevitable failure on a massive stage?

you should check out the Jon Bois atlanta falcons history doc if you haven't seen it. It would answer your argument by asking if being trolled into thinking your team has a shot and blowing it every time was worse than losing everytime. They literally invent ways to lose games every year.

Years ago I used to go to a lot of Yankee games with my dad and I asked him one day how come we never go to the Jets. He told me they're not worth anybody's time. The fact I've never been to a game to support this sad shit franchise is the only thing I'm proud of as a fan.

And I never understand why so many fans hate the Jets. Why? They're a fucking comedy show for the rest of the league. The only fans that have any business hating them are their own.

The dim hope is where the debate comes in. Is it better to suck forever so you know the deal or do you want the false hope followed by inevitable failure on a massive stage?

you should check out the Jon Bois atlanta falcons history doc if you haven't seen it. It would answer your argument by asking if being trolled into thinking your team has a shot and blowing it every time was worse than losing everytime. They literally invent ways to lose games every year.

I would argue that if you had to eliminate two NFL franchises, Atlanta would have to be one of them. I mean, who'd even notice or care? The other one would probably be Jacksonville, as that was a mistake from day one. Why did they even bother with putting a team there?

You don't want to watch Joe fucking Flacco play quarterback? Don't blame you. What's said is he's probably the best quarterback on the team. Zach Wilson fucking blows.
I believed in Zach up until that preseason game when he looked like a bad college QB and then hurt himself. He sucks. I at least was one of the few who always thought Sam Darnold sucked. And I ironically love Joe Flacco. The coaches are abysmal. The GM is jacked off more than anybody in the league and he hasn't just done nothing, he's done less than that. Look at the 2020 draft for the Jets, one of the worst drafts by any team ever. Fuck Woody Johnson.