WWAWD $20 minimum for fast food employees in California

RoxburyRick

Notice how manic Boq is
Personally I think they need to do some kind of audit on college courses to justify the costs of tuition because I don’t think people should be paying thousands a year to take courses on Taylor swift lyrics. These colleges have been adding all kinds of nonsense classes and programs and keep jacking up tuition. Then kids get out and wonder why they can’t get a good job with the useless degree they paid close to 100k to get.
My Alma mater cut a program and it led to mass protests. So I looked up the tuition (roughly $11k per year) and job placement rates in that field (something anemic like 35-40%). Nice paying $75k for a degree with an average salary of $40k stupid. Most of the stuff that people are getting these worthless degrees in could be done in a 6 month to 2 year apprenticeship.

Petworth dude

Back from Miami!
If you work full time you need to be able to afford to live.
We also need a hell of a lot more housing so people can better afford to live near they work. Housing costs are probably one of he biggest drivers of the country's cost of living crisis. We're currently short about four million housing units in the country, especially in economically vibrant metropolitan areas that people actually want to live in (unlike Greenville, SC).

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
*smacks lips* its a tough one man, genuinely.
$5.28 an hour in 1980 is equivalent to $20 an hour today. It doesnt really bother me that the people who deal with the most obnoxious niggers, and asshole boomers make some livable scratch. I think Mcdonalds has enough money laying around.

Personally I think they need to do some kind of audit on college courses to justify the costs of tuition because I don’t think people should be paying thousands a year to take courses on Taylor swift lyrics. These colleges have been adding all kinds of nonsense classes and programs and keep jacking up tuition. Then kids get out and wonder why they can’t get a good job with the useless degree they paid close to 100k to get.
Nah people just need to choose to stop paying for it. We’re far enough down this road that its obvious a degree isnt the magic key it used to be. If you still send your kid to school without knowing for sure college is the right choice, its on you. Or at least do 2 years at community

RoxburyRick

Notice how manic Boq is
We also need a hell of a lot more housing so people can better afford to live near the work. Housing costs are probably one of he biggest drivers of the country's cost of living crisis. We're currently short about four million housing units in the country, especially in economically vibrant metropolitan areas that people actually want to live in (unlike Greenville, SC).
California makes it incredibly difficult to build anything. They should stop fucking with the minimum wage and let developers build.

RoxburyRick

Notice how manic Boq is
*smacks lips* its a tough one man, genuinely.
$5.28 an hour in 1980 is equivalent to $20 an hour today. It doesnt really bother me that the people who deal with the most obnoxious niggers, and asshole boomers make some livable scratch. I think Mcdonalds has enough money laying around.

Nah people just need to choose to stop paying for it. We’re far enough down this road that its obvious a degree isnt the magic key it used to be. If you still send your kid to school without knowing for sure college is the right choice, its on you. Or at least do 2 years at community
I don't believe many McDonald's in CA are corporate owned.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I don’t mind it tbhw. We need to incentivize working instead of having able bodied young people sitting at home collecting checks and acting niggerish. Why should they get a job when they see their friends who don’t work have a better life than them?

If you work full time you need to be able to afford to live.

Now of course what they also need to do is stop giving handouts to able bodied young people. Get a job or we’ll give you a shitty one that you won’t like but you’re going to work for that money.

Big companies want minimum wage increases because it shuts down all small competition, the margins of small and medium business is generally razor thin and they can’t afford this.

Increasing minimum wage often increases unemployment because:

1) lots of places simply can’t afford it
2) some people aren’t worth it and it just removes them from the jobs market aka niggers being elevator operators etc.

Will UBI be the final nail in the coffin of conservatism? Dramatically increased automation + dramatically decreasing avg IQ = ??.

I know in the past that conservatives have managed to just change their position overnight and survive (economic nationalism vs free trade, gay marriage/gay shit in general, etc.) but surely it will be hard to do the bit after UBI?

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

You gotta pump those sink numbers up, funster.
get a roommate faggot. like we did when we were 20.
They do. They have like 10 of them.

Believe me, I don’t like funding this shit either. Five guys costs $22 for lunch where I live now. That’s crazy but I don’t know how they’d stay open if the people who work there have nowhere to live around here. It’s a tough one man. :image_9248:

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
"Why isn't my $400K degree in queer art theory getting me a seven figure a year job?".

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Unironically the government needs to make corporations slaves. Instead of raising the minimum wage and killing small businesses just to get the corporations to pay their fair share just rape them. Out the ass. Sorry Mcdonalds, you’re paying your workers $20 an hour. And you’re not increasing the costs of your burger by a fucking cent. Oh your quarterly profits will go down??? Deal with it dumbass, you’ll make a billion rather than 2. Oh you’ll move out of the country?? Except you can’t because we own you now. Also we’re gonna execute half of the board and give their shares to regional managers across the country so, you know, the people who are working actually own and have a say in the company.

It would never happen but a boy can dream

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
I don't believe many McDonald's in CA are corporate owned.
They may not own the franchise but they do own the land its on. Franchisees are forced to buy/build only on Mcdonalds owned land. Mcdonalds is one of the highest real estate developers/owners. If the franchise fails they dont lose out. They still own the prime real estate. Its a fantastic hustle they have pioneered.