WWAWD $20 minimum for fast food employees in California

HR@PaneraBread

Everything about us is streamlined and efficient
Does this apply to regular restaurant workers as well? I assumed the cost of living out there was so high that the only people who could afford to work in fast food were teenagers.
@HR@PaneraBread I demand a raise based on this news!
It was a whole fuckin thing the CEO made some innocuous comment about us being the only exemption and the people were up in arms. We were barely on here that whole week thanks to the blowback, came back to a big intray of Boq feuds.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

You gotta pump those sink numbers up, funster.
I don’t mind it tbhw. We need to incentivize working instead of having able bodied young people sitting at home collecting checks and acting niggerish. Why should they get a job when they see their friends who don’t work have a better life than them?

If you work full time you need to be able to afford to live.

Now of course what they also need to do is stop giving handouts to able bodied young people. Get a job or we’ll give you a shitty one that you won’t like but you’re going to work for that money.

RoxburyRick

Notice how manic Boq is
I don’t mind it tbhw. We need to incentivize working instead of having able bodied young people sitting at home collecting checks and acting niggerish. Why should they get a job when they see their friends who don’t work have a better life than them?

1.3% of workers make minimum wage. We're gonna feed inflation for 1.3% of workers so they can daydream about buying a McMansion while they make McChickens

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

1.3% of workers make minimum wage. We're gonna feed inflation for 1.3% of workers so they can daydream about buying a McMansion while they make McChickens
so you’d rather have people who work also needing public assistance to pay rent and other living expenses in really expensive places like CA? I’m not sure what your point is.

RoxburyRick

Notice how manic Boq is
so you’d rather have people who work also needing public assistance to pay rent and other living expenses in really expensive places like CA? I’m not sure what your point is.
I'd like a time period, whether months or years idk, where we let the dust settle after Covid and mass inflation, instead of hitting every round hole with a square peg and another round of "quantitative easing"

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

I'd like a time period, whether months or years idk, where we let the dust settle after Covid and mass inflation, instead of hitting every round hole with a square peg and another round of "quantitative easing"
I hear you but people literally can’t afford to live in places where these jobs are so either all the store and restaurants in the area have to close or the people need to get paid more or living expenses have to be reduced somehow. People aren’t going to bus in for an hour to flip burgers or work a cash register at a grocery store.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I think that's better idea, actually.

Reward those who work with a little bonus from the government.

$20 an hour is more than many other jobs that require more skill than putting a beef patty into a microwave or pushing buttons on a register.

Also keep in mind nobody is keeping their same hours. California has already laid off plenty of fast food workers because of this $20 minimum wage.

$20 an hour at 20 hours is the same as $10 an hour at 40 hours.

Antsballwasher

asshole

Ur focusing on le minimum wage hikes bad, free market will make things good without seeing the bigger picture.
(((they))) jsut gave themselves another 90 billion on top of the trillion+ in aid/inflation bills passed in congress under biden, it's quite literally fake money the treasury prints at will and cooks the books.
who gives a shit if some poor retards get another 5$ an hour from MCD corporation, their shareholders are making millions off the Quantitative easing you just talked about. USD is monopoly money at this point, nothing matters.
like @JohnDoe62 said in the kike hate thread, just ride the inflation wave in S&p /blue chip gains, btc, gold,etc and wait for the house of cards to fall.
there is no improving the monetary situation without massive hyperinflation. none.
in a decade @JebJoh 's son will be giving out blowjobs for a piece of white bread and spam

RoxburyRick

Notice how manic Boq is
To make a further point, I'd liken the situation of rent prices to tuition prices. Why is college so expensive now? In no small part (but not wholly) it is because the federal government backs the loans. Anyone can get them. Colleges and Universities don't have to price themselves based on whats economical for them to charge. So now if we look at McJobs in the same way, and governments arbitrarily set the minimum wage under the rubric of "well we need it higher to pay for rent" there's a lot of slumlords and trailer parks that are going to raise their rents because their customers now have the backing of the government coming in and making sure they have the money.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit

Now of course what they also need to do is stop giving handouts to able bodied young people. Get a job or we’ll give you a shitty one that you won’t like but you’re going to work for that money.
I always thought the “nobody wants to work / they’re getting money from the gov” was something boomers always said. Then I went on twitter and discovered the Pat Pack and couldn’t believe all these able bodied people were all on various vague claims of disability. I personally know very few people that don’t work (stay at home moms is pretty much it) but seeing how so many of these losers on twitter lay around all day tweeting but “can’t” work for who knows what is disturbing.

Antsballwasher

asshole
To make a further point, I'd liken the situation of rent prices to tuition prices. Why is college so expensive now? In no small part (but not wholly) it is because the federal government backs the loans. Anyone can get them. Colleges and Universities don't have to price themselves based on whats economical for them to charge. So now if we look at McJobs in the same way, and governments arbitrarily set the minimum wage under the rubric of "well we need it higher to pay for rent" there's a lot of slumlords and trailer parks that are going to raise their rents because their customers now have the backing of the government coming in and making sure they have the money.

damn i'm good, i rebutted your train of thought before you even posted this.

RoxburyRick

Notice how manic Boq is
And everyone else that has skills or ambition now has higher rent/mortgages. Your average person doesn't need to have higher costs of living for 1.3% of the population and good PR with the brown people

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Personally I think they need to do some kind of audit on college courses to justify the costs of tuition because I don’t think people should be paying thousands a year to take courses on Taylor swift lyrics. These colleges have been adding all kinds of nonsense classes and programs and keep jacking up tuition. Then kids get out and wonder why they can’t get a good job with the useless degree they paid close to 100k to get.