WWAW with boomers destroying society and sticking everyone else with the bill?

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
I’m thinking of a fat, bow-legged Roman wandering around some forum outside of Rome bleating about the young generation while he played the hits on his lyre for other Roman boomers.

Josephus Collenus Cumianus
Joe would probably be a lot better during the Romes peak. He’d get his ass kicked by the real men, and be illiterate so he couldn’t write nonsensical posts all over the coliseum. He’d just be a regular, town crier/local glory hole queen.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Joe would probably be a lot better during the Romes peak. He’d get his ass kicked by the real men, and be illiterate so he couldn’t write nonsensical posts all over the coliseum. He’d just be a regular, town crier/local glory hole queen.
Joe’s mark on the written record, 1st century AD

1654549640678.jpeg

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
eww---who still uses the term "Boomer" anymore.....yuck

do y'all niggas also complain about "dem damn pronouns", and "everyone gets a participation trophy"

oh, wait---you all do complain about that shit...continue

G

The worst kind of boomers to me are the ones that didn’t make it. My mom is in her 70s and has nothing to show for it besides social security and a mediocre factory job pension.

She doesn’t own a house, lost that around 2005 along with another because my parents refinanced every couple years and had adjustable rate mortgages. Has zero dollars in her savings and my “inheritance” is going to be whatever is left after the funeral from a $50,000 policy.

That is all she has left after thirty years of nearly full proof prosperity. And the worst part is, she has a faggot for a son.
Sounds like my mom, she’s the worst decision maker of all time. Took “early retirement” from an airline that pays her virtually zero so she could run off to bumfuck and get get married to some loser.

Now shes 70 years old and lives off social security which is only about $1000 a month somehow. The only reason she doesn’t live in some section 8 nigger hellhole is because I’m paying her rent. And she still has the gall to act like she’s better than people.

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
I agree that we're all fucked. That said, Social Security was never supposed to be your be all end all support in old age. The burden of saving and investing your money for the future was always on you, with SS as an augment. Anyone planning to live only on SS when they come of age is an idiot.
Where did you get this idea? Did someone tell you that or did you just imagine that? I'm curious where people get these notions. When Social Security was started only a single digit percentage of the elderly either had savings or owned a home. Very few people at all owned a house in the 30s, and because of the more physical labor usually performed your salary would go down over time, not up. Also people rarely had pensions or investments. Social Security was always designed to provide a minimum safety net. That was the whole point and background of it in the context of the Great Depression. You think they were passing it on the appeal of, "It'll put a little extra spending money in your pockets if you already have a family/retirement?"

I'm sorry to bitch about it, but there's so much bad economics and economic history on here, and I double majored in undergrad in history and economics.

I don't even want to think about how my pension is going to look in 30 years compared to what these pieces of shit are collecting now. Sure I have some investments, but your pension is your only true lifeline.

G

Does anybody here have a pension? Those are really rare to have in 2022 unless you’re some government / police / teacher job. I work for a big global bank and they stopped giving pensions to any new employees starting in 2018. I started before then and my parents (late 60s) were shocked i had a pension, my dad doesn’t have one and my mom had one from a hospital job she had in the 80s to early 90s.
I do. I'm GenX, I turned 49 this year. Born in 1973.

My company had a moment of clarity a few years back and implemented a pension and basically vested everyone in immediately with all of your years of service. This is in addition to a 403b with a decent match. They sent out a communication and actually said something to the effect of "we understand that it won't be realistic to try and retire and live off of a 401k/403b".

I don't have enough in my 403b according to the financial people at my place. Apparently when I hit 50, I should have 6x my salary in my 403 but I'm nowhere near that even though I've been putting in (with the match) close to 10% or more each year. Part of it is that I got a promotion and probably 25-30% in raises over the last 2 years which bumped my salary up a lot so it's not exactly inline with what i was making for the past 15 years but whatever.

I'm certainly not rich like some of the guys on here but I'm doing alright. I have 3 kids, 2 in college and 1 who will graduate high school next year so I've had some expenses. My boomer parents have a little money and a nice house and my brother is an insurance agent so he made sure they got good long-term care insurance and keep it up so that's a bonus.

One thing I didn't see mentioned here is boomer parents don't understand how much shit costs. When I was a kid, I played baseball and basketball. The only thing my parents paid for was my glove and maybe a bat. Now everything is travel and it all costs money. Travel baseball, travel soccer, competitive dance team, etc. Food is more expensive. Houses, cars, all more expensive. Fucking braces. My parents are stuck in the 80s as far as how much it costs to raise a kid these days. All my kids needed cars and they ain't cheap any more. I could go on and on but I'm sure y'all understand.