WWAW this place fucking you up

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
I say the catchphrases sometimes but I dont think thats the problem. I think it gives me a negative view of the world and Im definitely happier when I take long breaks from the forum.
Kind of a chicken and egg thing though. In 2017 and 18, which to this point were the best years of my life, I was barely on the sub, almost tapped out completely because pre-Pat shit was getting boring anyway. But now I use it as a crutch for when my life gets shitty and need some loffs.

G

Paul "Wheels" Weimer once showed up in one of my dreams. I proceeded to get a bunch of high schoolers to bully him to the point of tears. The whole thing was so ridiculous that I realized I was sleeping and woke up. I laughed and told myself I have to stop reading this place before going to bed, but here I am.

If Pat or uncle Paul showed up in my dreams i would delete my account, lol.

Paul "Wheels" Weimer once showed up in one of my dreams. I proceeded to get a bunch of high schoolers to bully him to the point of tears. The whole thing was so ridiculous that I realized I was sleeping and woke up. I laughed and told myself I have to stop reading this place before going to bed, but here I am.
I just had a dream this week that I accidentally doxxed myself. For some reason in the dream I was panicking, even though if it happened I really dont think Id care that much

Harry Powell

Lyndon Evans Superfan
I say the catchphrases sometimes but I dont think thats the problem. I think it gives me a negative view of the world and Im definitely happier when I take long breaks from the forum.
Kind of a chicken and egg thing though. In 2017 and 18, which to this point were the best years of my life, I was barely on the sub, almost tapped out completely because pre-Pat shit was getting boring anyway. But now I use it as a crutch for when my life gets shitty and need some loffs.
It definitely takes a toll focusing on these negative toxic faggots. But I would say that I’ve also had a lot of personal growth simply by looking at Pat and Anth and finding the commonalities with myself, then working on those things. This place genuinely made me a better person in some ways.

That said the off topic forum has completely fucked me up to being 8000x more racist and misogynistic than before

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
It definitely takes a toll focusing on these negative toxic faggots. But I would say that I’ve also had a lot of personal growth simply by looking at Pat and Anth and finding the commonalities with myself, then working on those things. This place genuinely made me a better person in some ways.

That said the off topic forum has completely fucked me up to being 8000x more racist and misogynistic than before
Yeah, the Pat and Ant shit honestly just motivates me to self improve. But scrolling through off-topic ragebait everyday I think does a serious number on me and depresses me

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
It's honestly the opposite for me. This definitely is one of the few places left where being funny is prioritized above all and people poke fun at pretty much anything without being nakedly mean-spirited about it. Laughing at everything is refreshing and relativizes shit, reminds me not to take the world too seriously.

Then again, I do tend to avoid all the super serial political stuff in Off-Topic and and LitCrit by instinct. I went deep with da politicking back from the early 2010s and I burnt out before COVID even. The only enlightenment I got from it is that it's pointless to worry about things you have no ability to control, because it only turns you into a bitter, isolated faggot with no skills like Rick and JoeH.

Just focus on building something for yourself and your family, it's going to benefit you no matter how bad things get. No person ever survived the fall of a civilization by whining about it like a faggot.

Thanks for calling The Jim Norton Advice Show.