WWAW nothing giving a shit about the news anymore?

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
Yeah Treeks I checked out after Trump won. I did genuinely like Obama and thought he steered the country alright for 8 years but then all of a sudden it was "what do you mean you don't like Hillary you toxic white male shit?"

Hell even now I got people saying being apolitical is a product of "white privilege", yeah so what? Should I not ride roller coasters out of respect for short and/or fat people? Should I pee sitting down out of respect for vagina-havers?

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt
Yeah Treeks I checked out after Trump won. I did genuinely like Obama and thought he steered the country alright for 8 years but then all of a sudden it was "what do you mean you don't like Hillary you toxic white male shit?"

Hell even now I got people saying being apolitical is a product of "white privilege", yeah so what? Should I not ride roller coasters out of respect for short and/or fat people? Should I pee sitting down out of respect for vagina-havers?
i think it's a matter of environment and where you are in life and how vulnerable you are to your political/socioeconomic climate. Both points have validity. Being up to date and informed or resigning from things that don't affect you.

It's a tough one man. :image_9248_m:

Last edited:
People spend way, way too much time on "current events", and mindlessly tweeting their thoughts on them. It's an annoying self-perpetuating cycle, with the goal being generating "likes" and "re-tweets" re: your clever tweets. You end up with human garbage like Pat or Nana, tweeting nonsense related to literally EVERY retarded story they see. Like today, where every tweeting faggot is fulminating over Donald fucking Trump and "riots" and etc. Just last week, these same faggots were hysterically tweeting about "bank runs" and the death of the economy, which never actually happened, of course.

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
i think it's a matter of environment and where you are in life and how vulnerable you are to your political/socioeconomic climate. Both points have validity. Being up to date and informed or resigning from things that don't affect you.

It's a tough one man. :image_9248_m:

I mean being "informed" really only helps if you job has something to do with it. When Sarah Palin couldn't name a newspaper she regularly reads, that's a problem. If you're a journalist or lobbyist or writer for Last Week Tonight, then yeah you want to stay informed.

But what benefit does it serve for me to stay informed? Sounding smart at a party. Crafting one of my legendary Jenna knee-slapper jokes about what sort of animal Mitch McConnell resembles so I can go viral on r/politicalhumor. You stay informed to have political arguments, that's basically it.

gassers

I mean being "informed" really only helps if you job has something to do with it. When Sarah Palin couldn't name a newspaper she regularly reads, that's a problem. If you're a journalist or lobbyist or writer for Last Week Tonight, then yeah you want to stay informed.

But what benefit does it serve for me to stay informed? Sounding smart at a party. Crafting one of my legendary Jenna knee-slapper jokes about what sort of animal Mitch McConnell resembles so I can go viral on r/politicalhumor. You stay informed to have political arguments, that's basically it.
I think being informed is more of a plus point in third world shitholes. I am speaking from personal experience here where sometimes i have to be informed when will power go out this week or will there be no water tomorrow? it enhances my decision making abilities cause things affect me in real time. Oh no, no water will be available tomorrow better save it today and use wisely.

That kind of shit basically.

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
the only "news" I watch is Styx, and Marc Dice. Mostly because of WHAT they report and HOW they report it. Marc has been calling out a lot of this shit for over a decade now. Also, depends on the story as well.

But yea, I mostly care less about the news, and it always has a bias; Shit like Trump getting arrested is sorta a big deal thou.

G

It used to be an important and daily part of my job, but only in a materialistic and end product sense. Have never really taken it to heart. You get the odd story that makes you feel something (usually anger) but overall it's just bullshit. Can't understand the Anthonys/Patricks of this world who live and die by shit that really has no effect on their lives.

'THE NIGGER MAN'

Shane Noakes' rabbi raped his 9 year old dick off.
These kinds of sentiments are low-key products of white privilege...living in a gilded cage (which is what the 1st world is compared to the shitholes in the 3rd world, which are open-air prisons), cocoons you from policies that eventually trickle down to your day-to-day life.
More a function of agency/net worth/time, I believe.

'THE NIGGER MAN'

I think being informed is more of a plus point in third world shitholes. I am speaking from personal experience here where sometimes i have to be informed when will power go out this week or will there be no water tomorrow? it enhances my decision making abilities cause things affect me in real time. Oh no, no water will be available tomorrow better save it today and use wisely.

That kind of shit basically.
That's infrastructure, not politics. Why don't you learn to code and get a H1B visa and let the nice whypeepo provide you with indoor plumbing?

gassers

That's infrastructure, not politics. Why don't you learn to code and get a H1B visa and let the nice whypeepo provide you with indoor plumbing?
Yeah you are right. I should have given a better example. I mean there is extreme political instability here where policy decisions can trickle down to you indirectly. i can't think of a proper example though.

And aren't infrastructure and politics related anyway? Maybe there is a proper degree of separation between the two in first world countries but not here.

'THE NIGGER MAN'

And aren't infrastructure and politics related anyway? Maybe there is a proper degree of separation between the two in first world countries but not here.
They weren't here until recently.

We take/took for granted that the trains wouldn't derail and the power grid worked outside of severe weather events.

As our government becomes more corrupt and inept we're seeing more problems with utilities, which are government-regulated monopolies.

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
the only "news" I watch is Styx, and Marc Dice. Mostly because of WHAT they report and HOW they report it. Marc has been calling out a lot of this shit for over a decade now. Also, depends on the story as well.

But yea, I mostly care less about the news, and it always has a bias; Shit like Trump getting arrested is sorta a big deal thou.
been thinking about asking Styx "Where are you at with the upcoming lolcow Patrick S. Tomlinson's legal battle against free speech (people called him fat online)"
but that goofy looking faggot lives in Norway or something so I'm busy working or driving when he starts his livestreams. Also don't want my name being associated with the Fatrick saga, not a good look for Brooke

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
been thinking about asking Styx "Where are you at with the upcoming lolcow Patrick S. Tomlinson's legal battle against free speech (people called him fat online)"
but that goofy looking faggot lives in Norway or something so I'm busy working or driving when he starts his livestreams. Also don't want my name being associated with the Fatrick saga, not a good look for Brooke

has he ever talked about it? I know he checks K. farms

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
has he ever talked about it? I know he checks K. farms
i dont watch his streams enough so i dunno, very low chance cause we're lost in obscurity ect.

i just know it'd be funny to hear him say "No I don't know anything about that, I'll have to look into it"
and then i'd have the responsibility to pay another $10 or whatever to ask if he ever learned anything, only to have him make a 2 sentence comment about Patrick being a fat pants-shitting retard and maybe explaining what OnA was for 3 seconds

technically it's worth 20, but right now it's not worth the effort of trying

G

Look at these faggots stuck on their phones 24/7

ca7008e5e84914e7a6446794877cd3f5.jpg

You (and patreeky):

hoboes_LOC_shorpy_bindlestiff.jpg
Trains were impersonal with regards to others on them, the paper was natural, but nowadays i see young people on dates both on their phones, pretty fucking stupid if you ask me. Also what you get on a phone is a bit less important than old time newspapers had in them. I don't see anybody there doing the word jumble (wordle) or reading the National Inquirer. I think we're worse off.