WWAW nothing giving a shit about the news anymore?

Duxbury Dave

The Ringleader
I think being informed is more of a plus point in third world shitholes. I am speaking from personal experience here where sometimes i have to be informed when will power go out this week or will there be no water tomorrow? it enhances my decision making abilities cause things affect me in real time. Oh no, no water will be available tomorrow better save it today and use wisely.

That kind of shit basically.
Where you living at, brother?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Also what you get on a phone is a bit less important than old time newspapers had in them.
Ah yes those great newspaper articles from the 30s about Nazis being bad. Or from the 50s where race mixing and integration are the new cool thing. Or the 60s and 70s where hippies and drugs and vietnam war protestors ran the media. Such great information. Any day now the news will rewrite those old WMDs in Iraq articles.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I mean being "informed" really only helps if you job has something to do with it. When Sarah Palin couldn't name a newspaper she regularly reads, that's a problem. If you're a journalist or lobbyist or writer for Last Week Tonight, then yeah you want to stay informed.

But what benefit does it serve for me to stay informed? Sounding smart at a party. Crafting one of my legendary Jenna knee-slapper jokes about what sort of animal Mitch McConnell resembles so I can go viral on r/politicalhumor. You stay informed to have political arguments, that's basically it.
I stay uninformed specifically to have political arguments.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
It used to be an important and daily part of my job, but only in a materialistic and end product sense. Have never really taken it to heart. You get the odd story that makes you feel something (usually anger) but overall it's just bullshit. Can't understand the Anthonys/Patricks of this world who live and die by shit that really has no effect on their lives.
Neither of them have kids either so it especially doesn’t matter.

G

Ah yes those great newspaper articles from the 30s about Nazis being bad. Or from the 50s where race mixing and integration are the new cool thing. Or the 60s and 70s where hippies and drugs and vietnam war protestors ran the media. Such great information. Any day now the news will rewrite those old WMDs in Iraq articles.
There literally were papers in my home county that war pro-German until 1940, there was a large German population in my area. I'm pretty sure the Southern papers didn't cheer integration, and the hippies were rued in many a right wing editorial room. Things were different, what fostered this change was really post "red scare" where because the commies didn't come, people began to think we could have foxes in the hen house and survive.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
I was just thinking something somewhat related, in the long run, in my life time, there are like 12 people who changed the world in any meaningful way. 8 of them were some kind of goofy swarthy cult-heads that flew some planes into some buildings and a field, and 4 of them oopsie doodles dropped a science project in their fancy new geek-lab. Knowing the news didn't really help anyone in either situation. Unrelated note - none of these great men were white either, so huge win for diversity representation in world events in the past 30 years.

HeyItsVos

You're probably telling the truth.

I've heard a lot about Red Letter Media but haven't had the time to go and listen there. What episode is a good start?
O&A is how I got into them. They weee playing one of the Plinkett reviews. If I were you, I’d pick a video where they’re talking about a movie you give a shit about. Otherwise, it might be boring for you.

They have a few shows that each have a different feel. If you want to watch them shit on low budget films, check out Best of the Worst. Half in the Bag is their main show and it used to have an ongoing storyline that was hit or miss before COVID. That’s where they review something current. I’d probably recommend re:View. That’s where they just pick whatever movie they want to talk about. Those Nightmare on Elm Street videos that were posted recently were from that series.

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
I couldn’t give less of a shit anymore. I’ll just focus on my own life and the people in it. Seeing people here get so worked up over things that have no actual affect on their lives makes me realize there’s no need to get stressed out about things that don’t really concern me anyway. Call me a faggot now.

the news is for jews

-patrick SS tomlinson