WWAW Bruce Willis retiring?

EraGodless

Explains why he’s been doing so many shitty direct to video movies for years, he was trying to pile up the cash for when he can’t remember his lines or where he is. He’s been doing Nic Cage numbers of low budget direct to video (guess now that’s Redbox / Amazon prime / etc) and it now makes sense. He’s been doing like 7–10 shit movies a year for over a decade like he owes the IRS. Most he does is 8-13 days of work (if that) on each but still gets a top credit.
Most he was doing was two days of work and mostly 4 hours a day (getting paid $1 million a day). They even had more shitty movies for him to do, but he was pretty much shot. Homie has more than Aphasia as he couldn't remember where or why the fuck he was on set. I mean, a million a day sounds fucking insane, but he could only work 20 days or so a year (at most). So it's still less than he was commanding when he was still with it.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Most he was doing was two days of work and mostly 4 hours a day (getting paid $1 million a day). They even had more shitty movies for him to do, but he was pretty much shot. Homie has more than Aphasia as he couldn't remember where or why the fuck he was on set. I mean, a million a day sounds fucking insane, but he could only work 20 days or so a year (at most). So it's still less than he was commanding when he was still with it.
I remember he got fired from Expendables 3 because he wanted something like 4 million for 3 or 4 days of work and Stallone said no. They ended up getting Harrison Ford to do 2 weeks of work for 2 million. I’ve watched his direct to video movies where it’s obvious he was only there for a week just to see how they would shoot all his stuff quick yet make it seem like he worked on the movie for longer. Pretty much every one of those direct to video / streaming movies was beyond awful but entertaining to see how they worked around Willis doing very few days of work while being the “star”. Even though he’s considered a A-List star only like 5-6 of his movies made it to theaters since 2010 and the rest all direct to wherever that’s not a theater

Last edited:

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
I remember he got fired from Expendables 3 because he wanted something like 4 million for 3 or 4 days of work and Stallone said no. They ended up getting Harrison Ford to do 2 weeks of work for 2 million. I’ve watched his direct to video movies where it’s obvious he was only there for a week just to see how they would shoot all his stuff quick yet make it seem like he worked on the movie for longer. Pretty much every one of those direct to video / streaming movies was beyond awful but entertaining to see how they worked around Willis doing very few days of work while being the “star”. Even though he’s considered a A-List star only like 5-6 of his movies made it to theaters since 2010 and the rest all direct to wherever that’s not a theater
I actually watched one of his straight-to-streaming ones last night as something to put on as background noise (American Siege is the name) and yeah it's beyond fucking terrible. No redeeming qualities at all. I looked it up and apparently the whole movie was filmed in just 8 days with Bruce Wills only being there one day. The movie was actually released this year and it's very clear something is wrong with Willis. He sounds borderline retarded delivering his lines.

RobertMewler

The movie was actually released this year and it's very clear something is wrong with Willis. He sounds borderline retarded delivering his lines.
I believe it. Everyone in the photo below has emotion and expression in their eyes. He's already checked out. He's gone:

ed5b54cda30ee780b815f018ab22cfdc.jpg

RobertMewler

So would I be if I was forced into this situation. Terry Jones from Monty python had this and Michael Palin said he was "with it" just couldn't speak but would just hang out. Sounds fucking scary as shit
I had no idea that he died and from what. This sounds brutal:

"In 2015, Jones was diagnosed with primary progressive aphasia, a form of frontotemporal dementia that impairs the ability to speak and communicate. He had first given cause for concern during the Monty Python reunion show Monty Python Live (Mostly) in July 2014 because of difficulties learning his lines. He became a campaigner for awareness of, and fundraiser for research into, dementia; and donated his brain for dementia research. By September 2016, he was no longer able to give interviews. By April 2017, he had lost the ability to say more than a few words of agreement.

"Jones died from complications of dementia on 21 January 2020, 11 days short of his 78th birthday, at his home in Highgate."

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Makes sense why he was pumping out so many movies a year, he knew they were shit but got paid so his family would be set when he can’t do it anymore. I don’t think he can even name most of the direct to video movies he’s been in the past couple years or even what they’re about. I’m gonna check out some of his recent direct to video shit just to watch him and see how obvious it is he’s not well. I remember he did one couple years ago with guy that played Zack Morris on Saved By The Bell. Should of known then something was wrong.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
I actually watched one of his straight-to-streaming ones last night as something to put on as background noise (American Siege is the name) and yeah it's beyond fucking terrible. No redeeming qualities at all. I looked it up and apparently the whole movie was filmed in just 8 days with Bruce Wills only being there one day. The movie was actually released this year and it's very clear something is wrong with Willis. He sounds borderline retarded delivering his lines.
I torrented A Day to Die. Terrible, terrible movie with Kevin Dillon, but knowing what we do now about Bruno's health, it explains why he's barely in it and his takes are only about two seconds long - tops.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
I torrented A Day to Die. Terrible, terrible movie with Kevin Dillon, but knowing what we do now about Bruno's health, it explains why he's barely in it and his takes are only about two seconds long - tops.
Kevin Dillon hasn't done anything worthwhile since Entourage.

RobertMewler

Oh boy:

"During filming, Johnson said that he was so concerned over the actor's condition that he brought it up with Willis's team. "They stated that he was happy to be there, but that it would be best if we could finish shooting him by lunch and let him go early," the director explained. However, even after rearranging filming to accommodate Willis and his condition, two crew members reported hearing the actor ask aloud while on set: "I know why you're here, and I know why you're here, but why am I here?""

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Kid actors are the worst, aren't they, Abe? They ruin every film. The only time I don't think a kid hurt a movie was Bobby Driscoll in "The Window", and even he was still a little aggravating.

My opinion: adults should pretend to play children and walk on their knees in prosthetics a la Lon Chaney - yes, he was in permanent pain the rest of his life after doing it for "The Penalty", but what price art, right?

Or every child should be played by Danny Devito. Problem solved.
Budd Cort was a good child actor, child.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Oh boy:

"During filming, Johnson said that he was so concerned over the actor's condition that he brought it up with Willis's team. "They stated that he was happy to be there, but that it would be best if we could finish shooting him by lunch and let him go early," the director explained. However, even after rearranging filming to accommodate Willis and his condition, two crew members reported hearing the actor ask aloud while on set: "I know why you're here, and I know why you're here, but why am I here?""

Maybe because I had a relative with alzheimers but that's fucking heartbreaking.