WWAW Better Call Saul coming out again this coming monday?

G

I enjoy its entertainment value and I've watched it multiple times but OZ is campy, goofy, and never took itself that seriously. It may've been the first, but it doesn't belong in a listing of shows as good as those others.

For the record, I like BB and BCS. I've watched BB multiple times as well, but with BCS, I don't see myself ever rewatching it.
Nice record, stupid.

G

I think you're on to something here.

BB became popular. Had it just been a cult underground sort of show, it would have been very fun, even with the coincidences and corny acting. But because it became popular, the fans expected "holy shit moments" and the writers would then try to deliver.

BCS is just fucking pretentious and the showrunners knew that because it was standing on the shoulders of BB it could really do no wrong.

Comparing to other TV on now it's very good, but that's not a high bar. I thought the first half of this week's episode was just horrible. Lalo "tricks" Jimmy into believing things are his idea and Gus figures that out after two words with Kim. And doesn't tell Mike. It's so forced, but then the cinematography is so creative trying to trick the viewer into thinking they're watching something better than it is. Hey look, the camera rig is attached to the chair. What a neat shot!

Watching BCS is like going to Red Lobster. The rubes think it's 'upscale'.
I honestly would have been fine with Breaking Bad ending after season 4. It was written in a way that the S4 finale could be the end, because they still weren't renewed by AMC. Sure, Walt would have won and gotten away with everything, but I would have been less annoyed with that than the Nazi machine gun lé epic pwn. The first clue that S5 wasn't going to be as good was the fucking giant magnet at the police station shit. I hated that so much. In S3, when Walt barrels his car into those guys who are about to kill Jesse was a pretty great scene, but I think that's partly what set people up to expect constant HOLY SHIT moments.

I enjoy its entertainment value and I've watched it multiple times but OZ is campy, goofy, and never took itself that seriously. It may've been the first, but it doesn't belong in a listing of shows as good as those others.
Absolutely, I mean I've always been a big "Oz" fan but it got really, really wacky after the big riot. The scene where Beecher kills Dauber from "Coach" with his fingernails was one of the most ludicrous things I've ever seen. And when Cyril had that sock puppet...lol.

I honestly would have been fine with Breaking Bad ending after season 4. It was written in a way that the S4 finale could be the end, because they still weren't renewed by AMC. Sure, Walt would have won and gotten away with everything, but I would have been less annoyed with that than the Nazi machine gun lé epic pwn. The first clue that S5 wasn't going to be as good was the fucking giant magnet at the police station shit. I hated that so much. In S3, when Walt barrels his car into those guys who are about to kill Jesse was a pretty great scene, but I think that's partly what set people up to expect constant HOLY SHIT moments.
I totally agree, I thought the last season was a letdown. Everyone was jizzing all over it like it was the greatest television ever filmed, but IMO the evil meth Nazis were just an unrealistic cop-out, an easy way to redeem the Walt character in the end. The evil meth Nazis kill two DEA agents in front of two witnesses, then find $40 million, then give one of the witnesses a quarter share and let him walk, then imprison and torture the other witness just so the Nazi leader's dimwitted nephew can impress a girl? Come on. Walter should have died alone, next to one of his barrels, seething over Jesse getting credit for being Heisenberg.

G

Im going to watch it because ive made it this far, but this show fucking sucks. Remember when Nacho had a gun to the head of the cartel boss and dramatic music was playing? He’s in fucking breaking bad what the fuck were they even doing? Why is the namesake of the show spending the final season pulling pranks on his old boss for seemingly no reason? We all know Kim visits the vacuum salesman and Lalo dies, its just the question of when will the writers conveniently put them into each scenario. Dont sleep on a Bill Burr scene either.

G

I'm gonna watch it, I've already invested this much in it. I know it's not going to be good though. Knowing Walt and Jesse are appearing just tells you it's shit. And the writers claiming that the last few episodes are going to change the way we saw Breaking Bad is just code for "we came up with some gay, convoluted plot twist that was never hinted at on Breaking Bad."

Oh and they want to do a Kim show next. Thanks Vince Gilligan and Peter (((GOULD)))
The writers know its shit so they are just going to bring in walt and jessie for all the fans to cum their pants and forget how poor the show is

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
This week's episode had one of the gayest moments in television history. The twink cowboys in Brokeback Mountain ramming each other was less faggy. Gus going to a restaurant and having wine and flirting with some queer waiter was beyond pointless. Contrast that to the scene where Tony makes the guy remove his hat in the restaurant. Or where Christopher and Paulie murder a waiter over a $12 tip.

And the twins, Hector, Eladio, and Bolsa all accepting Gus's explanation about Lalo being dead was beyond dumb. And Lalo choosing to call the most retarded person in his family who can only communicate with a bell was stupid. Lalo should have called Bolsa or the twin brothers. That would have ended Gus immediately. Instead he calls a vegetable in a shopping cart who can only wave his arms like a spastic. If Lalo called anyone else he would still be alive today. But this show has characters behave like complete idiots just to set up big moments so fans can make react videos like mouthbreathing dorks.

Absolutely, I mean I've always been a big "Oz" fan but it got really, really wacky after the big riot. The scene where Beecher kills Dauber from "Coach" with his fingernails was one of the most ludicrous things I've ever seen. And when Cyril had that sock puppet...lol.
Cyril's puppet in OZ was hilarious. Dude was like a serial killer who could end your life in a boxing ring. But had the mental state of a little kid.

The kills in OZ are supposed to be funny. Beecher also beat Schillinger into a coma and shit on his head. Everything is over the top to get a laugh out of people. Like the fact that people take the razor fingernails seriously shows that OZ goes above the heads of too many people. You are supposed to be laughing at the stupidity of the writing. It is parody. Pills that age you faster. It is dark comedy.

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
This week's episode had one of the gayest moments in television history. The twink cowboys in Brokeback Mountain ramming each other was less faggy. Gus going to a restaurant and having wine and flirting with some queer waiter was beyond pointless. Contrast that to the scene where Tony makes the guy remove his hat in the restaurant. Or where Christopher and Paulie murder a waiter over a $12 tip.

And the twins, Hector, Eladio, and Bolsa all accepting Gus's explanation about Lalo being dead was beyond dumb. And Lalo choosing to call the most retarded person in his family who can only communicate with a bell was stupid. Lalo should have called Bolsa or the twin brothers. That would have ended Gus immediately. Instead he calls a vegetable in a shopping cart who can only wave his arms like a spastic. If Lalo called anyone else he would still be alive today. But this show has characters behave like complete idiots just to set up big moments so fans can make react videos like mouthbreathing dorks.

Cyril's puppet in OZ was hilarious. Dude was like a serial killer who could end your life in a boxing ring. But had the mental state of a little kid.

The kills in OZ are supposed to be funny. Beecher also beat Schillinger into a coma and shit on his head. Everything is over the top to get a laugh out of people. Like the fact that people take the razor fingernails seriously shows that OZ goes above the heads of too many people. You are supposed to be laughing at the stupidity of the writing. It is parody. Pills that age you faster. It is dark comedy.
Pretty much a nothing episode, the last 5 minutes were the only ones to have any substance. Hey assholes, we don't care about some queerbaiting waiter flirting with the old meth queen just to scam him out of money. Fuck that was awful. Glad that the full transition to BB-days Saul is finally complete though.

G

I sat there watching it thinking "there's no way that's all there is to it" and then Gus leaves. Not at all unnecessary wankery or anything! I know the age thing has been mentioned ad nauseum, but holy shit does Don Eladio look ancient. Doesn't even look like the same guy. Sure is riveting to watch absolutely nothing happen for an entire episode, then have five minutes of stuff that everyone knew was coming.

Edit: you'll never guess what internet fags thought of the wine scene...
Screenshot_20220719-011403_Twitter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The Fuchitive

Still alive as of January 2024
I fuckin knew it! They go from Kim leaving Jimmy and fast forward 4 years and BOOM he’s in bed with a prostitute! No transition!

Basically the writers spent 6 years making this shit as slow as possible because they had no idea how to tie the stories together then they get the “last season notice” from the network and they have to stuff basically the entire show into 12 episodes!

And the gay bar scene with Gus was what exactly? They didn’t delve into his faggotry enough throughout for anybody to give a shit. The time would have been better spent giving more backstory to whatever happened in Santiago but I guess they’re saving that for another shitty spin-off about 60, I mean 30 year old Gustavo in Chile!

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
There was no dialogue for the first 6 minutes. One short scene and then no more dialogue. The credits were still running at 10 minutes. Then more scenes with inane chit-chat. I guessed the source of "tension" would be the wife being super suspicious, but they didn't really do much with that.

This episode was written by a woman FYI.

G

The scene where Gus visits all the Salamancas by the pool at night... hahahaha what the fuck? It was shot so weirdly, like out of a David Lynch film. The weird wide-angle lens shot of Hector, the lighting, just the weird characters like Hector and twins, the bell ringing that everyone ignores, the ominous music.

Halfway into the episode and we finally get a Saul scene in The Salamancas and Gus Show. I love how we get to see Saul a little bit in this series.

A fucking time skip... hahahahahahaha. So they had no idea how to go from Jimmy to Saul. The only thing I was looking forward to this entire series, to see how we go from Better Call Saul to Breaking Bad, and they won't even show it. What a fucking joke.

G

There was no dialogue for the first 6 minutes. One short scene and then no more dialogue. The credits were still running at 10 minutes. Then more scenes with inane chit-chat. I guessed the source of "tension" would be the wife being super suspicious, but they didn't really do much with that.

This episode was written by a woman FYI.
Look at how many episodes of the whole series were written by women. Explains a lot, honestly.

G

I always liked the car scene but its just another one of those fawkin things like the car is completely silent until it barrels into the people. And then what was jesses plan even? He revealed he was reaching for something 20 feet away and they were more at the ready with their guns. He would have been kilt if not for the stealthycar out of nowhere