WWAW Better Call Saul coming out again this coming monday?

I think this will be it for spinoffs because El Camino wasn't liked and the episodes have been averaging less than a million and a half viewers for the last couple of seasons. The franchise ain't puddin up dah numbahs anymore.
Are you sure? Management said they were really happy with the direction of the show. They're worried however with Gould's excessive drinking and coming in late though. Also the race ramblings might be an issue to be completely honest witcha.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Their scenes in BCS were all about getting more BB viewers to tune in. Fan service. They show us nothing new really. Gus is the same work obsessed loser faggot with no reason for staying in the cartel so long outside of hating the Salamancas. He is a millionaire and can quit anytime. We learn basically nothing about him. Mike is a work obsessed loser with a granddaughter and gains a dead son in BCS. The only new thing for Mike is that he had a son whom he got killed when they were cops. That is about it in 60 episodes.

I've always hated the Breaking Bad fan service stuff in this show, right from the beginning. I remember one of the earliest teaser trailers in the first season was for Tuco showing up and rolling my eyes at that even then. Then they just started cramming more and more pointless fan service in with every season. Fuck, they spent an entire goddam season just focusing on how Gus' lab was built. I don't remember a single thing that was going on with Jimmy/Saul in that season and that's who the show is supposed to be about.

Mike doesn't really count as fan service because he was written to be a major part of the show since the beginning and to be fair, he was in some really good scenes in the first season. I thought that stuff with that nerdy little bald pharmacist guy were actually really enjoyable. Gus, Hector, Don Eladio, the twins though - all that cartel stuff shouldn't have been part of the show imo. It was all dull and pointless. If you want to see those characters in an interesting context with a story that actually has some stakes, then just watch Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
G

That cartoon was lazy as fuck. Talk about cheap animation.

I was thinking of how they could have not fucked this show up. Bear with me here. Set it earlier in time, maybe 10-15 years. Take it completely out of Albuquerque. No BB characters at all. No vague allusions to it, nothing that cannot be avoided. Obviously no Bob Odenkirk, get a good younger actor. Completely scrap the Jimmy/Saul/Gene idea.

He's starting out as a lawyer, and over a few seasons watch him go from a fairly competent, borderline respectable guy to a pretty cunning crook and attorney to monsters. Maybe he defends a Mafia guy, a serial killer, something at that level. He wins some of his high profile cases, loses some, and eventually has to leave town under bad circumstances. Where does he go? Albuquerque, New Mexico. Changes his name from whatever it is for this series. End of show. It solves the problem of making it stand on its own from Breaking Bad. And gives you total freedom to do whatever you want with family, friends, rivals etc.

G

That cartoon was lazy as fuck. Talk about cheap animation.

I was thinking of how they could have not fucked this show up. Bear with me here. Set it earlier in time, maybe 10-15 years. Take it completely out of Albuquerque. No BB characters at all. No vague allusions to it, nothing that cannot be avoided. Obviously no Bob Odenkirk, get a good younger actor. Completely scrap the Jimmy/Saul/Gene idea.

He's starting out as a lawyer, and over a few seasons watch him go from a fairly competent, borderline respectable guy to a pretty cunning crook and attorney to monsters. Maybe he defends a Mafia guy, a serial killer, something at that level. He wins some of his high profile cases, loses some, and eventually has to leave town under bad circumstances. Where does he go? Albuquerque, New Mexico. Changes his name from whatever it is for this series. End of show. It solves the problem of making it stand on its own from Breaking Bad. And gives you total freedom to do whatever you want with family, friends, rivals etc.

Give the show two or three seasons tops. The episode where Chuck dies is the final episode. It'll be implied that Jimmy became Saul because of that, and their final conversation.
You're right, no references to Breaking Bad. Even small stuff. "You are not Kevin Costner!" "I was last night." isn't a cute reference, it's just tacky.
Make the show primarily about Jimmy and Chuck. No Mike.

G

Give the show two or three seasons tops. The episode where Chuck dies is the final episode. It'll be implied that Jimmy became Saul because of that, and their final conversation.
You're right, no references to Breaking Bad. Even small stuff. "You are not Kevin Costner!" "I was last night." isn't a cute reference, it's just tacky.
Sure, the Chuck storyline could work. Like I said, throw out everything to do with BB and you pretty much have a blank slate. Create whoever you want.

HotDogJoe

I think they could've still had the stuff with Mike. His scenes with Nacho were very good in the first season. Just don't don't tie it in to all the cartel shit with Gus etc.

I did think the Gene flashforwards were compelling in the earlier seasons but it's become obvious now that they didn't have anywhere good to really go with that, hence why they delayed telling any of the story for as long as they could and they're now awkwardly cramming it all into the final episodes. So yeah, a pure prequel without any BB fan service that last 2-3 seasons would've worked well.

G

Since we're shitting on the show, here's a scene from an earlier season, back when I was still giving the show a chance, that made me think "fuck this is not making sense... am I missing something?"

[MEDIA=youtube]kAvvoToKmrM[/MEDIA]

The timing of Mike setting that up so the cops would arrest Tuco is a great example of a "good coincidence" that Vince said he didn't want to use.

HotDogJoe

Since we're shitting on the show, here's a scene from an earlier season, back when I was still giving the show a chance, that made me think "fuck this is not making sense... am I missing something?"

The timing of Mike setting that up so the cops would arrest Tuco is a great example of a "good coincidence" that Vince said he didn't want to use.

I'd forgotten just how bad Tuco's scenes were in this show. Yeah the absolute psycho from Breaking Bad who beat one of his crew to death would definitely keep pleading 'let go!' when an old man grabbed him.

This scene was just as bad if not worse...

G

After hearing about the black and white episode i havent watched since and im not going to finish it. IM TAPPIN OUT!