Worst places you’ve been?

G

Had to go to Detroit to help a cousin trucker of mine explain a traffic ticket and be his interpretor...the courthouse for traffic and also criminal cases was the same building and we saw a Pimp bail out his hoes, and it was like a blaxploitation movie scene. He even had the pimp hat etc.

The craziest thing was that we were like right in the hub of the city and then just took a wrong turn and like you said, just endless ghetto shit. It looked like some war-torn shithole. Looking back, my dad's demeanor was fucking hilarious. He was like Clark Griswold. At one point he asked a pair of negro security guards, an older lady with a red wig and a young man who looked like Jay Pharoah for directions like "Excuse me, homies, could you tell me how to get to the highway? Me and my young son here sure are lost and Canadian!" I remember the dude reaching his head way the fuck into the car over me and giving it a look around. We did have a cooler and there was definitely some grape Crush in there. We're lucky we got outta there with our lives.

Then we saw a NASCAR race. Which was a whole other kind of Michigan shit.
As disturbing as the various hoods are, there's something really unsettling about huge suburban tracts full of decrepit, empty houses.

It got all gentrified when the fags took over the waterfront, but back in the 80s & 90s, Asbury Park was fucking terrifying. Just totally abandoned. You could go there on a nice afternoon, and not see a single living soul. And anyone you did happen to see was definitely someone to avoid.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Had to go to Detroit to help a cousin trucker of mine explain a traffic ticket and be his interpretor...the courthouse for traffic and also criminal cases was the same building and we saw a Pimp bail out his hoes, and it was like a blaxploitation movie scene. He even had the pimp hat etc.
I worked for some old hilarious hippie guy with aspergers and the one time his wife was telling me about him getting lost in Detroit and asking a Pimp for directions. She ended up calling him and putting him on speakerphone to tell me about it and I just remember her being like "He asked a pimp-" and he yells over the phone "HE WAS A NICE GUY! He was helpful too!" I loved that guy. He's dead. Deceased.

Edit: it's better than I originally remembered. He had his hot wife meet up with him in shithole Detroit where this pimp was and he gave them both directions because they bought some car and got separated in traffic because they both drove like crazy assholes. I bet the guy plowed his wife and he had no idea.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Some of these, like West Virginia and the New Mexico and Texas ones, the problem is the people, not the place. I'd actually like to see West Virginia. Detroit is a fucked asshole. There is no nature, and there's barely any people. I don't think they make themselves seen unless they're killing you.

Edit: I should've maybe phrased that more like a question and less like a bold statement about places I've never been. There's definitely some beauty in West Virginia though, it's probably just work to get to.

Last edited:

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Don’t know why all the New Mexico hate but whatever. Fuck y’all. Mine are Odessa Texas, all of Kansas, Nebraska and a special shout-out to Gary Indiana. Ohio as a whole sucks cock too
I only drove on the interstate in New Mexico when transporting marijuana growing equipment from Phoenix to Denver. I remember the absurd amount of billboards for lawyers there were on the highway. It was the only thing on the billboards.

I also remember how beautiful it looked with all the rock formations and whatnot there were off in the distance. It reminded me of the Coyote and Roadrunner cartoon backgrounds.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
I only drove on the interstate in New Mexico when transporting marijuana growing equipment from Phoenix to Denver. I remember the absurd amount of billboards for lawyers there were on the highway. It was the only thing on the billboards.

I also remember how beautiful it looked with all the rock formations and whatnot there were off in the distance. It reminded me of the Coyote and Roadrunner cartoon backgrounds.
I'd love to see some shit like that too. The cartoon backdrops.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I'd love to see some shit like that too. The cartoon backdrops.
I think everyone in the US should drive across the country once in their life. Seeing the sunset in New Mexico behind all those cool formations is something I will never forget. I'm sure those used to it don't find it anything special, but if it's something you've never seen it'll almost humble you. The country is fucking huge and full of so much geological diversity and it made me appreciate how beautiful this land really is.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
I think everyone in the US should drive across the country once in their life. Seeing the sunset in New Mexico behind all those cool formations is something I will never forget. I'm sure those used to it don't find it anything special, but if it's something you've never seen it'll almost humble you. The country is fucking huge and full of so much geological diversity and it made me appreciate how beautiful this land really is.
Canada is pretty beautiful too if you ignore the faggot prairies and The Swamps of Winnipeg. And all the people.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Canada is pretty beautiful too if you ignore the faggot prairies and The Swamps of Winnipeg. And all the people.
I've only been to Toronto and Montreal and both were completely different worlds. Toronto reminded me of Boston, Montreal reminded me of a bunch of French assholes and faggots. Both were for hockey games, so I feel I got a real experience of the regular people.

There was quite literally only one guy in Montreal that wasn't a complete cocksucker to me at the game. His English wasn't great but he was the only one who didn't say something to me in French.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
I spent years on the road for work and I typically try to find something to like about every city/town, but Fargo, ND sucks ass. All the buildings are 2 or 3 stories at most. The people are surface level nice (aka passive aggressive). The women are gigantic and shaped like air conditioners. There’s no where healthy to eat, it goes below zero in October, and there’s basically no direct flights. Hard pass

Second is Albany, NY. I don’t know why but all I can say is that it’s just a weird fucking town. It’s also a pain in the ass to get to. Hard pass

TheNanaDook

Detroit by a lot. My dad got us lost in a post apocalyptic wasteland that was like 3 blocks away from the bustling city part with the football stadium and shit. He ended up asking a cop for directions and he was like "What the fuck are you doing? Follow me and don't stop." He put the lights on. My dad slowed down for a yellow light and the guy hit the siren and gave him like a "KEEP GOING YOU FUCKING RUBE" gesture. We just cruised around Everyone-will-kill-you Detroit for like an hour like fucking bumpkins in a nice Eddie Bauer edition Explorer, the only car on the road with wheels on it. Every window was boarded up. Nobody was outside but you knew they were in those places watching you. It was like I Am Legend.
I used to go to a lot of raves in the Midwest, and I’ve had a similar experience in Detroit. Left an abandoned warehouse, blitzed on molly, and on the turn from the parking lot into the street, a security guard inside a little building ran out full speed, stopped us, asked where we were going, and suggested waiting inside his building for the Uber. Didn’t realize until the next day what that meant.