• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

World Cup 2022.

Jim Norton’s Wife's Cock

Those breeches will stay open!
Forum Clout
I can get why people hate Ronaldo and it's probably for the best he doesn't get to win a World Cup. I don't get why people think Messi doesn't deserve one.
There are millions upon millions of poo's & other third worlders who are split down the middle in their undying support for Ronaldo/Messi. They get into retarded slapfights over who's better and who deserves a WC trophy more. The majority of those shitting on Messi atm are probably Ronaldo bhenchods, also a lot of people get annoyed by the medias ballwashing of Messi and want to see him fail. If i had to compare that to something i guess it's kinda like a lot of Americans hating Tom Brady for some reason lol.

The Shah of Iran

Man's man, Gook killer, hockey dad
Forum Clout
There are millions upon millions of poo's & other third worlders who are split down the middle in their undying support for Ronaldo/Messi. They get into retarded slapfights over who's better and who deserves a WC trophy more. The majority of those shitting on Messi atm are probably Ronaldo bhenchods, also a lot of people get annoyed by the medias ballwashing of Messi and want to see him fail. If i had to compare that to something i guess it's kinda like a lot of Americans hating Tom Brady for some reason lol.
Yeah true. The way I always looked at that was that when they both retire the discussion of greatest player ever goes from 2 to 4. Just felt grateful to be around to watch them compete against each other. Who gives a fuck which one is better? Ronaldo has kinda fucked his whole image now though

I think the Brady thing was NE, endless success and never going beyond the message Belichick wanted. People seem to not mind him now he's 45, divorced and calling himself out for shit throws. He's acting like an actual human being these days and I think a lot of the hate went away.

Wild

I love media!
Forum Clout
I just want to say that I hate the Argentina squad. All they do is hit the grass every opportunity they get and blatantly try to get the ref's attention by doing mock arms wide open "Are you kidding me?!" gestures. I don't give a fuck how talented Messi is with dribbling the ball between his feet, he's the same kind of low T breed as the rest of them. I mean, I already don't care for soccer as a whole, but Argentina really exemplifies everything wrong with the game.

G

I don't care where you're from... Can we all agree elimination games shouldn't be decided by shootouts?
There's an element of chance to PKs and they're not "fair." Just like life. Nothing beats the drama of them, and I say that as an Englishman - the serial losers of high stakes tournament penalty shootouts.

I guess you're American though. I can't imagine trying to get into baseball or American football, and I don't mean "they're shit sports" or "you don't get it." Just that people prefer sports they grew up with (both playing and watching) and that are part of their culture/mindset.

G

Baseball objectively sucks, and that's from a lifelong Red Sox fan.

The issue isn't that the sport of soccer is foreign to me - I don't think elimination games in other sports should be decided by shootouts either, or any kind of gimmick that departs from the flow of how the sport is normally played.

Overtime rules in American football are constantly being rewritten because nobody can agree on what's the most fair way to decide the outcome. Baseball is now doing something similar, testing out new rules in the minor leagues when the games go to extra innings. I think it's horseshit.

Penalty kicks, shootouts, whatever the gimmick format, feel like a cheap, anti-climactic way to decide the winner of any sport. If the game is soccer, penalty shots don't decide who the better soccer team is, just as having a dribbling contest or foot race wouldn't decide it either. Just have them play till someone wins. It just makes sense.
Who knows, they might go back to the old days of replays to decide draws after extra time. They couldn't really do play till sudden death as it could potentially go on for ages and affect other fixtures' viewing times. I don't think penalty shootouts were a thing before the 70s.

Agreed that they're not a good indicator of who the better team is, but they're just as much a psychological test as anything. Seeing Japan eek out 4 miserable attempts after all the hard work and effort they went through to beat Germany, Spain and take Croatia all the way...there's something perversely fitting to it. You couldn't do it when the pressure was on. You couldn't kick the ball into the back of the onion bag from 12 yards away. You doubted yourself. You don't deserve to go to the next phase.

Jim Norton’s Wife's Cock

Forum Clout

The issue isn't that the sport of soccer is foreign to me - I don't think elimination games in other sports should be decided by shootouts either, or any kind of gimmick that departs from the flow of how the sport is normally played.

Overtime rules in American football are constantly being rewritten because nobody can agree on what's the most fair way to decide the outcome. Baseball is now doing something similar, testing out new rules in the minor leagues when the games go to extra innings. I think it's horseshit.

Penalty kicks, shootouts, whatever the gimmick format, feel like a cheap, anti-climactic way to decide the winner of any sport. If the game is soccer, penalty shots don't decide who the better soccer team is, just as having a dribbling contest or foot race wouldn't decide it either. Just have them play till someone wins. It just makes sense.
I think the main issue is football is much more physically exhausting than things like baseball, NFL, basketball, ice hockey etc.. you are running around non stop for 90 mins plus an extra 30 mins of extra time before it goes to penalties. Letting them play on until someone scores is impractical because eventually everyone will be shuffling around on dead legs. You also have to take into consideration the size of the pitch compared to basketball/ice hockey, the lack of breaks and the limited substitutions.

The Shah of Iran

Man's man, Gook killer, hockey dad
Forum Clout
You make a lot of good points but making cunts play til 3am doesn't really work in a sport where you can make 5 subs all game. They've been trying to think of an alternative to PKs since time immemorial. It's the one thing that can't be practiced in terms of pressure so it's seen as a divider between winners and losers

edit - lol what @ButtFucker said

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
I don't care where you're from... Can we all agree elimination games shouldn't be decided by shootouts?
The NHL doesn't have shootouts in the playoffs because it's a lame way to end an elimination game. They should play till someone scores.

What an anti-climax. Nothing about this sport makes any sense. It's like a mockery of competition.
No. They should get rid of extra time completely.

Jim Norton’s Wife's Cock

Forum Clout
You make a lot of good points but making cunts play til 3am doesn't really work in a sport where you can make 5 subs all game. They've been trying to think of an alternative to PKs since time immemorial. It's the one thing that can't be practiced in terms of pressure so it's seen as a divider between winners and losers

edit - lol what @ButtFucker said
The 5 subs only got implemented this year too, traditionally it's only 3 subs allowed.

G

I think the main issue is football is much more physically exhausting than things like baseball, NFL, basketball, ice hockey etc.. you are running around non stop for 90 mins plus an extra 30 mins of extra time before it goes to penalties. Letting them play on until someone scores is impractical because eventually everyone will be shuffling around on dead legs. You also have to take into consideration the size of the pitch compared to basketball/ice hockey, the lack of breaks and the limited substitutions.
Like most great points this is such an obvious one, and one that I didn't think of lol. There's a reason half of the players on the pitch get cramps a few minutes after the start of extra time.

Cyberatorquer

Five Sink Gangster Cribs
Forum Clout

The fundamental problem with soccer is the fact that it is a low-scoring sport in general. Imagine a 0-0 tie (classic soccer score) going into possibly infinite overtimes. There is no remedy to make this sport work other than to boycott it, genuinely.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
The fundamental problem with soccer is the fact that it is a low-scoring sport in general. Imagine a 0-0 tie (classic soccer score) going into possibly infinite overtimes. There is no remedy to make this sport work other than to boycott it, genuinely.
See I find the problem with basketball it's too easy to score. In football a goal is a moment. It's not that different to NFL average goals v touchdowns a game.

Fuck knows about ice hockey. Football is bigger than that in the US now so I guess it's shit