Why did Junior try to kill Tony in season 1 and then it was all just forgotten?

Stent

swatchsticker
This happened to me with Breaking Bad. Every scene is so fucking overacted and cringy now.

The dad from Malcolm in the Middle doesn't send shivers down your spine?

46ec0fef032dba4c284ae23ec48b12c3.gif

How about traumatized Jesse, who needs the noise to drown out his tragic thoughts yet again, plucking your heartstrings?

breaking-bad-jesse-pinkman.gif

Exploding tortoise?

cbb8e1bf0bc248b28fcf1703c26ed6c5.gif

G

This happened to me with Breaking Bad. Every scene is so fucking overacted and cringy now.

[MEDIA=youtube]gkyNick_VAM[/MEDIA]
There are many scenes in this show that I agree with you on. This is not one. I really enjoy The Cranster in everything he does. Gonna need the king of analysis, @LingerLonger , to tell me why it's gay

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.

I don't like how every show was "he's a bad guy, but WITH A HEART OF GOLD!!"

Tony didn't have a heart of gold. He liked ducks and horses. He was a piece of shit, but unlike Janice or Carmela he had charisma and charm and you wanted to talk shit with the guy. Remember, he literally goaded Janice into freaking out by bringing up her son (the French Canadian) for like, no fucking reason.

G

Tony didn't have a heart of gold. He liked ducks and horses. He was a piece of shit, but unlike Janice or Carmela he had charisma and charm and you wanted to talk shit with the guy. Remember, he literally goaded Janice into freaking out by bringing up her son (the French Canadian) for like, no fucking reason.
Thats my fav scene I think. He wanted to bring her down to his level and couldnt stand seeing her happy lol.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Thats my fav scene I think. He wanted to bring her down to his level and couldnt stand seeing her happy lol.
Sacre bleu, me no know me mama!

Tony was so fucking spiteful, and if you remember he actually walks out the house gloating and happy that he tore her down. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't/couldn't do that to some of my own family, pieces-a facking gahbidge.

SensibleKeks

I always took assumed that Tony forgave Uncle Junior for trying to kill him because he knew Uncle Junior was in the "right". It's not like this came out of left field; Tony was completely undermining him as acting boss and UJ had his position he had to protect. Plus Tony put all the blame on his mother for setting him up and UJ was just her pawn.

It's not the cleanest explanation but I can buy into it. Now the biggest plot hole from the show is: where's that fawking Russian?!?

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Now the biggest plot hole from the show is: where's that fawking Russian?!?
Or DNA/sureveillance video from every sloppily done murder

Just gotta go with it; It's a TV show. It's also annoying how every new character introduced in a season gets killed like clockwork (Blundetto, Richie, Phil, Ralph) I guess Feech is the exception, but still neutralized

I wish Sil got whacked and they kept one of those more entertaining new characters.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
WWAW adoring a show so much that you watch it so many times that you start to notice more and more flaws till eventually you resent the show.

I never felt that way until Many Saints made me think David Chase is a hack. Now I'm a lot more critical of the show.

But I think Tony giving Junior a pass for the incident with the blacks when Tony had that Tindersticks song stuck in his head made sense. Junior kept up the lie that he was the boss, which keep the feds on him instead of Tony. If it was known that Tony was the boss behind his uncle's back, he would have lost respect, especially with New York -- which they need -- because Junior had a long history with Carmine.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Every show with a killer protagonist does this. Vic Mackey on The Shield had children with autism. Dexter takes in a single mother and her kids. Walter White has a retarded son and is a dweeb. The Sopranos did it in a mocking way where Tony literally does not care when people are murdered, walks away from his nearly cooked alive girlfriend like it is nothing, but burst into tears over ducks that flew away or a horse that burned alive. With the all time classic joke of Furio crying over his dead father and Tony saying for him not to be weak. "You gotta get over that". And immediately cuts to him blubbering over the horse painting. Tony also gets into it with Ralph over a horse initially and then murders him over fat jokes (because he was looking for any reason to whack Ralph because of Tracy the stripper). Yet excuses Ralph's countless murders and assaults of civilians on behalf of the mafia.

Shows always go for some emotional way to make you like the main anti-hero character. Like Vic Mackey solves a bunch of pedophiles crimes using unorthodox police work. Dexter kills pedophiles. The first season of The Wire has a female cop get brutally shot to take the case from a nothing case to the most important case in the entire department where the stakes are now hugely amplified.

The only show where none of the characters had a single redeeming feature was OZ. Maybe Veep but that is more comedy than anything else. In OZ pretty much every character was a psychotic murderer or rapist by the end of the show except for a handful of guards or wardens or family members visiting their prisoner relative. Like I cannot think of a single character on OZ who would return to society properly who was a prisoner.

Breaking Bad went out of its way in the last seasons to rehabilitate Walt's image and Jesse's image. Making them go up against literally 'Muh Nazis'. And then beat them like some faggy DC Comics film. "Yeah bitch!! We killed some Nazis!!". They also made the Nazis child killers just to drive home that they were the new bad guys.
I always took assumed that Tony forgave Uncle Junior for trying to kill him because he knew Uncle Junior was in the "right".
None of them care what is 'right'. Tony kills guys over literally nothing. As does everyone else. Tony is offered witness protection by the FBI multiple times and turns it down so he can instead go out and murder. Tony likes killing so much he even goes out on some of the hits. And kills his own crew members at opportune times like Ralph or Christopher. "We bend more rules than the Catholic Church". They do not even follow the mafia code over small things like Ralph insulting Ginny Sack for being obese. "98lbs mole removed from her ass".

Tony all knew Junior was right but did not care. Neither did their entire crew. Even in the last seasons Phil Leotardo says one of the reasons they should whack Tony is that he went against his own Uncle.
Or DNA/sureveillance video from every sloppily done murder

Just gotta go with it; It's a TV show. It's also annoying how every new character introduced in a season gets killed like clockwork (Blundetto, Richie, Phil, Ralph) I guess Feech is the exception, but still neutralized
Surveillance was not there during the first three seasons as they were before 9/11. After season three you get the real life surveillance state where every deli or grocery store is now protecting itself like it is Ft Knox. The lack of DNA in the Sopranos is the sloppy writing of every single show where there are murders. Paulie might as well have left vials of blood and jars of semen samples in the room where he smothers Min Matrone to death. "You were always a little bastard!!!". They were never going to get caught with DNA just like neither was Walter White or Dexter. DNA only exists in The Wire and OZ.

Ralph lasted two seasons and it is explained that he was in Florida during the first two seasons. Richie and Tony B are the same characters. Two people that get out of prison and cannot adjust to society. But Tony comes to despise Richie early. And still loves Tony B until the end hence killing him before he can be tortured. So two similar characters but vastly different storylines. Phil Leotardo is around more than one season. And Feech was planned to be around longer but the actor had dementia and could not remember his lines so they quietly wrote him out of the show. David Chase still claims that Robert Loggia was not ill out of respect but people who worked on the show said he could not remember his lines. Pussy, Sil, Eugene, and lots of characters that died were around multiple seasons.

But most shows are like this. Dexter had a new villain every season. Boardwalk Empire would introduced a new villain and kill them off even. You have to remember that these shows would release one season a year or every two years. It worked compared to binge watching everything. This stuff becomes more glaring when you watch the show in one quick binge.
I never felt that way until Many Saints made me think David Chase is a hack. Now I'm a lot more critical of the show.
Someone like Terrance Winter was the true brains behind the show. Or David Chase is senile. Or David Chase sold out the Sopranos to some HBO hacks for Many Saints. No other explanations make sense. The drop in quality is insane.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Every show with a killer protagonist does this. Vic Mackey on The Shield had children with autism. Dexter takes in a single mother and her kids. Walter White has a retarded son and is a dweeb. The Sopranos did it in a mocking way where Tony literally does not care when people are murdered, walks away from his nearly cooked alive girlfriend like it is nothing, but burst into tears over ducks that flew away or a horse that burned alive. With the all time classic joke of Furio crying over his dead father and Tony saying for him not to be weak. "You gotta get over that". And immediately cuts to him blubbering over the horse painting. Tony also gets into it with Ralph over a horse initially and then murders him over fat jokes (because he was looking for any reason to whack Ralph because of Tracy the stripper). Yet excuses Ralph's countless murders and assaults of civilians on behalf of the mafia.

Shows always go for some emotional way to make you like the main anti-hero character. Like Vic Mackey solves a bunch of pedophiles crimes using unorthodox police work. Dexter kills pedophiles. The first season of The Wire has a female cop get brutally shot to take the case from a nothing case to the most important case in the entire department where the stakes are now hugely amplified.

The only show where none of the characters had a single redeeming feature was OZ. Maybe Veep but that is more comedy than anything else. In OZ pretty much every character was a psychotic murderer or rapist by the end of the show except for a handful of guards or wardens or family members visiting their prisoner relative. Like I cannot think of a single character on OZ who would return to society properly who was a prisoner.

Breaking Bad went out of its way in the last seasons to rehabilitate Walt's image and Jesse's image. Making them go up against literally 'Muh Nazis'. And then beat them like some faggy DC Comics film. "Yeah bitch!! We killed some Nazis!!". They also made the Nazis child killers just to drive home that they were the new bad guys.

None of them care what is 'right'. Tony kills guys over literally nothing. As does everyone else. Tony is offered witness protection by the FBI multiple times and turns it down so he can instead go out and murder. Tony likes killing so much he even goes out on some of the hits. And kills his own crew members at opportune times like Ralph or Christopher. "We bend more rules than the Catholic Church". They do not even follow the mafia code over small things like Ralph insulting Ginny Sack for being obese. "98lbs mole removed from her ass".

Tony all knew Junior was right but did not care. Neither did their entire crew. Even in the last seasons Phil Leotardo says one of the reasons they should whack Tony is that he went against his own Uncle.

Surveillance was not there during the first three seasons as they were before 9/11. After season three you get the real life surveillance state where every deli or grocery store is now protecting itself like it is Ft Knox. The lack of DNA in the Sopranos is the sloppy writing of every single show where there are murders. Paulie might as well have left vials of blood and jars of semen samples in the room where he smothers Min Matrone to death. "You were always a little bastard!!!". They were never going to get caught with DNA just like neither was Walter White or Dexter. DNA only exists in The Wire and OZ.

Ralph lasted two seasons and it is explained that he was in Florida during the first two seasons. Richie and Tony B are the same characters. Two people that get out of prison and cannot adjust to society. But Tony comes to despise Richie early. And still loves Tony B until the end hence killing him before he can be tortured. So two similar characters but vastly different storylines. Phil Leotardo is around more than one season. And Feech was planned to be around longer but the actor had dementia and could not remember his lines so they quietly wrote him out of the show. David Chase still claims that Robert Loggia was not ill out of respect but people who worked on the show said he could not remember his lines. Pussy, Sil, Eugene, and lots of characters that died were around multiple seasons.

But most shows are like this. Dexter had a new villain every season. Boardwalk Empire would introduced a new villain and kill them off even. You have to remember that these shows would release one season a year or every two years. It worked compared to binge watching everything. This stuff becomes more glaring when you watch the show in one quick binge.

Someone like Terrance Winter was the true brains behind the show. Or David Chase is senile. Or David Chase sold out the Sopranos to some HBO hacks for Many Saints. No other explanations make sense. The drop in quality is insane.
I didn't realize that about Robert Loggia -- that makes sense. Feech was probably my favorite side character.

DickShawNitrate

Fuck..Can you say Fuck
Plot hole. They didn’t realize how much of an asset Uncle Jun and Tony’s dynamic was to the show until after S1 was under way and they tried to retcon it later. It’s fine, it’s one of only a very few small flaws in an otherwise near-perfect show.
Harry Kilmer you're a 5th degree faggot, but I love this quote.

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
I always took assumed that Tony forgave Uncle Junior for trying to kill him because he knew Uncle Junior was in the "right". It's not like this came out of left field; Tony was completely undermining him as acting boss and UJ had his position he had to protect. Plus Tony put all the blame on his mother for setting him up and UJ was just her pawn.

It's not the cleanest explanation but I can buy into it. Now the biggest plot hole from the show is: where's that fawking Russian?!?
The Russian is not a plot hole. I am so glad Chase never officially clarified that during the shows run.