Where we at with the Scott Hall on life support news?

G

He was posting a lot of videos on social media for a bit and he was either high or drunk in all of them. One was he was staying in some shitty hotel I think near Pittsburg for a wrestling convention and he’s cracking beers at 8am talking about “party with Marty” like it wasn’t depressing and sad. Mr Perfect OD’d on coke and pills in his 40s alone in a shit hotel room near an indie show and somehow the same hasn’t happened to Marty.
With the average lifespan of a professional wrestler being like 35 I'm surprised some of these guys are up in years.

Vince was such a retard with letting big talent go and not wanting to pay anyone. Bret was the $400,000 a year champion and never asked for anything as long as he always won. It paid off for the short term with him killing WCW a few years later, and now he's looking to sell the place.
He's doing it again with AEW. Although most people are speculating that he's getting rid of all the wrestlers because he wants to sell the company.

AEW in the past like 6 months has gotten CM Punk, Adam Cole, Brian Danielson, Ruby Soho, Keith Lee, William Regal and Jeff Hardy.

I'm sure there are a bunch of people that I'm forgetting but those are some pretty big gets as is.

Snake

With the average lifespan of a professional wrestler being like 35 I'm surprised some of these guys are up in years.

He's doing it again with AEW. Although most people are speculating that he's getting rid of all the wrestlers because he wants to sell the company.

AEW in the past like 6 months has gotten CM Punk, Adam Cole, Brian Danielson, Ruby Soho, Keith Lee, William Regal and Jeff Hardy.

I'm sure there are a bunch of people that I'm forgetting but those are some pretty big gets as is.
I don't follow any of this shit anymore really, but I do follow some channels that talk about how WWE has been teetering for years with half full events and they really fuck with the camera shots to hide it. Vince's problem is he's a control freak that still doesn't want to let control go.

Some of the best shit of the late 90s were adlibs, and now it's all scripted and you gotta read in front of him to rehearse. Scott Hall said that was going on after the Invasion started. Characters cannot connect if you got them boxed in with a script.

I doubt (((HHH))) is going to get control of the company but it's sold.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Didn't Marty Jennetty admit to murdering some dude? He probably didn't, but I remember hearing about that.
He did then walked it back like it was a big understanding of how he worded it. He also once made it sound like he had sex with a woman he believed later was his daughter but again said he was misunderstood. Guy is always a mess

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit

That’s been rumored for a while that Vince will be selling, it looked like he was just going to pass it on to his kids but looks like Vince is trying to sell. His son Shane came back only to quickly quit / be fired in a weird situation. I’ve also read Triple H isnt as involved as he used to be due to his “heart issue” that they’ve really kept quiet. Sounds like it’s just Bruce Pritchard and Vince running the show since they’ve got rid of so many wrestlers and former wrestlers that were working as road agents / producers.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I don't follow any of this shit anymore really, but I do follow some channels that talk about how WWE has been teetering for years with half full events and they really fuck with the camera shots to hide it. Vince's problem is he's a control freak that still doesn't want to let control go.

Some of the best shit of the late 90s were adlibs, and now it's all scripted and you gotta read in front of him to rehearse. Scott Hall said that was going on after the Invasion started. Characters cannot connect if you got them boxed in with a script.

I doubt (((HHH))) is going to get control of the company but it's sold.
Yeah they’ve had to do the black tarp sections for a while to avoid people seeing empty seats. The sale is why most think they’ve been letting so many wrestlers go / let their contracts run out. Triple H they’ve really kept quiet after his “heart issue” so no idea how serious it is. I’ve heard from some that he might not ever wrestle again due to his heart problem being too serious to have a doctor clear him.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Yeah they’ve had to do the black tarp sections for a while to avoid people seeing empty seats. The sale is why most think they’ve been letting so many wrestlers go / let their contracts run out. Triple H they’ve really kept quiet after his “heart issue” so no idea how serious it is. I’ve heard from some that he might not ever wrestle again due to his heart problem being too serious to have a doctor clear him.

Hunter gassed himself up more than a diesel truck for two decades. That'll Fuck anyones heart.

Last edited:

Snake

HHH never drew a dime. His big push in the 00s never made any sense to me. He paid his dues for the Curtain Call I guess.

Even Bret said it "what has he ever done?"

He's just a leech of talent and saddles beside them. If he didn't get pulled into the clique, he would be still a ham and egger.

UnPRePared

HHH never drew a dime. His big push in the 00s never made any sense to me. He paid his dues for the Curtain Call I guess.

He's just a leech of talent and saddles beside them. If he didn't get pulled into the clique, he would be still a ham and egger.

While I don't disagree that he didn't draw a dime, truth is, Shawn didn't draw as a champion either. Neither did Nash.

That doesn't mean they weren't talented. I had a wrestling buddy who tape traded, and I've watched American matches over the last couple decades. This is what I've determined:

- Shawn was and still is a prick, but a talented prick. His high flying wasn't pointless acrobatics most of the time, even if it was overkill. He was a flashier, cockier, more charismatic Bret Hart with less humility.

- Scott was the ring general, the one who grasped the psychology the best. He wasn't as big as Nash, or as lithe as Shawn, so he had to use his brain in the ring. I enjoyed most of his matches for that reason, he was a good seller.

- Nash just had a coolness to him. It's why I enjoy his shoots so much. But Cornette wasn't kidding when he said Kevin only had Five Moves of Doom.

- Hunter is interesting, because he's the only one who managed to match Scott's ability with the ring psychology. Smaller than Scott but ultimately bigger than Shawn, he was in a worse position due to being on the smaller side, which is why he gassed so much for so long - Fuck, how many quads did he pull? He was good in the ring, but he never was a money draw.

It's the strangest story rewritten over history, that Hunter was one of the greats. The greats perform and also make money - you can't have one without the other.
Else you're Jeff Jarrett.

Snake

While I don't disagree that he didn't draw a dime, truth is, Shawn didn't draw as a champion either. Neither did Nash.

That doesn't mean they weren't talented. I had a wrestling buddy who tape traded, and I've watched American matches over the last couple decades. This is what I've determined:

- Shawn was and still is a prick, but a talented prick. His high flying wasn't pointless acrobatics most of the time, even if it was overkill. He was a flashier, cockier, more charismatic Bret Hart with less humility.

- Scott was the ring general, the one who grasped the psychology the best. He wasn't as big as Nash, or as lithe as Shawn, so he had to use his brain in the ring. I enjoyed most of his matches for that reason, he was a good seller.

- Nash just had a coolness to him. It's why I enjoy his shoots so much. But Cornette wasn't kidding when he said Kevin only had Five Moves of Doom.

- Hunter is interesting, because he's the only one who managed to match Scott's ability with the ring psychology. Smaller than Scott but ultimately bigger than Shawn, he was in a worse position due to being on the smaller side, which is why he gassed so much for so long - Fuck, how many quads did he pull? He was good in the ring, but he never was a money draw.

It's the strangest story rewritten over history, that Hunter was one of the greats. The greats perform and also make money - you can't have one without the other.
Else you're Jeff Jarrett.
That's probably true Michaels didn't draw money. He was a character and could perform, but he didn't fit the archetype of what made a champion back then. Bret had it for a really long time and he was a fan favorite even after he lost it. Nash's title run was really short and while it was before my time of watching, I can see just from his gimmick back then on why it didn't draw. Most people agree to that.

Scott had great instincts for shit and helping with creative. He personally came up with Sting's new gimmick that went over with everyone.

Most wrestlers that aren't in the clique hate HHH since Vince fed him a bunch of up and comers and people that were hot (CM Punk) just for his own ego.

G

Most wrestlers that aren't in the clique hate HHH since Vince fed him a bunch of up and comers and people that were hot (CM Punk) just for his own ego.
Yeah I pretty much lost interest when he went into the Booker T match as the bad guy and still buried him. But it wasn't enough to bury him, it was like 28 seconds from his pedigree until the three count.

Snake

Yeah I pretty much lost interest when he went into the Booker T match as the bad guy and still buried him. But it wasn't enough to bury him, it was like 28 seconds from his pedigree until the three count.
I didn't stick with it after the merger so my memory of that era is relegated to shoot interviews. Although, I know almost all of the WCW leftovers got fucked. NWO went over big, and Vince squashed it because he didn't create it, Eric did.

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
I didn't stick with it after the merger so my memory of that era is relegated to shoot interviews. Although, I know almost all of the WCW leftovers got fucked. NWO went over big, and Vince squashed it because he didn't create it, Eric did.
I'll defend Vince on this one.

When he got WCW, the expectation was that he got the big stars. But the big stars had contracts directly with Turner (or they had clauses that serviced a company sale). So guys like Nash, Hall, Hogan, literally got paid hundreds of thousands/millions to stay home and not work.

As soon as their contracts with Turner/AOL expired, Vince got them and did the NWO bit.

Booker T was one of the few to say, "I'll risk it and work anyway" and he probably made the right decision. I can't imagine that after 2 years of not working, WWE would want Booker T.

But it was a problem. The WWE fans didn't know who the WCW guys even were, so they had them merge with the ECW wrestlers to do that crappy invasion angle. The invasion would have just been WCW vs WWE had it not been for these contracts.

UnPRePared

Ever listen to Bruce Pritchard?

Once in a great while, that blowhard pillhead will have a good podcast with Conrad Thompson - the Goldberg in WWE rivals almost anything Cornette has done on his own podcast - but a lot of times, even before he was hired back, he would be a blatant Vince kiss ass. And while I don't like Conrad (he gives me creepy Kenny Bolin-esque vibes), he at least calls Pritchard out.

Case in point: Booker losing to Hunter, and in the way he did. Bruce said it was the absolute right move, despite the fact that it killed everything Booker had been gaining with the fans, and that all Hunter did was insult Booker to a point where, psychology wise, going over was the only possible option at that point to keep his heat. Conrad calls him out, saying storyline wise it made absolutely no sense for Booker to lose, but still Bruce held to his story.

If I worked for Vince McMahon, you'd have found me hanging in a closet.

Last edited:

UnPRePared

I'll defend Vince on this one.

When he got WCW, the expectation was that he got the big stars. But the big stars had contracts directly with Turner (or they had clauses that serviced a company sale). So guys like Nash, Hall, Hogan, literally got paid hundreds of thousands/millions to stay home and not work.

As soon as their contracts with Turner/AOL expired, Vince got them and did the NWO bit.

Booker T was one of the few to say, "I'll risk it and work anyway" and he probably made the right decision. I can't imagine that after 2 years of not working, WWE would want Booker T.

But it was a problem. The WWE fans didn't know who the WCW guys even were, so they had them merge with the ECW wrestlers to do that crappy invasion angle. The invasion would have just been WCW vs WWE had it not been for these contracts.

Linda McMahon personally greeted Booker when he started, and told him "After all these years, we finally have you!" They were excited to bring him in, he was genuinely one of the real talents WCW had left.

Then they pissed all over him. Creative at its finest.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Hall had a great mind for the business with character development / ring psychology / etc yet his best friend Nash didn’t give a shit about any of that and only cared about getting paid. I always found that funny about the two of them. Hall could work a crowd, tell someone else how to work a crowd, and even put someone else over just to entertain while Nash just said how much am I getting paid and how can I get more. Nash had that “doesn’t know a wrist lock from a wrist watch” mentality yet made the right connections for a long career.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Could just be an excuse. He found out Vince was going to keep control until he retires and then sell so he said screw it, why put my effort into improving the value of the company and Vince's profits.

HHH is a far worse push killer than Hogan ever was. At least fans wanted bro see Hogan

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
Hall had a great mind for the business with character development / ring psychology / etc yet his best friend Nash didn’t give a shit about any of that and only cared about getting paid. I always found that funny about the two of them. Hall could work a crowd, tell someone else how to work a crowd, and even put someone else over just to entertain while Nash just said how much am I getting paid and how can I get more. Nash had that “doesn’t know a wrist lock from a wrist watch” mentality yet made the right connections for a long career.
It's one thing I hate about that business in particular.

Hey Nash, if you make compelling storylines that are entertaining and fun, you'll attract more viewers, which means more ratings, which means more money. Things like Most Favored Nation work when the times are good but when they are bad they kill the company. WCW was bleeding money due to those contracts, and that led to a Vince monopoly ever since, which of course means lower wages for everyone else.

But you got yours.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It's one thing I hate about that business in particular.

Hey Nash, if you make compelling storylines that are entertaining and fun, you'll attract more viewers, which means more ratings, which means more money. Things like Most Favored Nation work when the times are good but when they are bad they kill the company. WCW was bleeding money due to those contracts, and that led to a Vince monopoly ever since, which of course means lower wages for everyone else.

But you got yours.
It also bothers me, especially for the guys busting their ass and trying to give the best show for the fans. Scott Hall even got yelled at some times for deciding mid-match to let his opponent pin him clean just because he was ok letting someone else get over. Nash to me is one of the worst and most boring wrestlers who got lucky becoming friends with the right people. He didn’t bother to even try in the ring, just hit a couple spots (5 moves at the most) and get paid and cry that he needs more money and to be the Booker so he doesn’t lose because fuck the fans. Hall if he kept clean could have been a great asset behind the scenes with WWE creative and teaching young wrestlers etc while Nash is everything that’s wrong about pro wrestling.

Im always happy to hear when Nash blows his quad out for the 100th time.