When this movie flops were all going to be called a country of homophobic bigots by people like Pat.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I have a feeling the diversity and inclusion consultants made more out of this than the cast. Even BLM probably found its way onto the bill.
I bet you’re right, they prob had all kinds of people in nonsense diversity advisors / consultants / coordinators etc positions that all asked for large amounts of money for their “services”. I think I even read the had an “LGBTQ advisor” as an on set consultant for the love scenes between the two yet Billy is already gay but they had to pay someone to say “yep, that looks gay”

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
J
Yeah this was an obvious boondoggle to line the pockets of a bunch of fags who were jealous of how much coin Robin D’Angelo and crew have been making.
Just looked it up on IMDB and there’s multiple questionable positions, like “Historical Research Consultant” (at least 3 but I’m sure there’s more) and “Intimacy Coordinator” which is funny since pretty much the whole cast is gay / lesbian but they needed to hire people to tell them what gay people do when having sex.

EraGodless

I still can’t believe they had a budget of 22 million for a Rom Com with a no name cast and the only known are in small roles. They make horror films for a fraction of that with no names but they make money since people will go see a movie that scares them. So not only did it flop but Billy will most likely never be allowed to produce any of his ideas if he needed 22 million to make a movie that should have cost 10 at the most. Todd Phillips who did the hangover took a big pay cut on hangover because of the small budget and took back end (paid off huge) so there’s always ways to cut costs.
If Meghan McCain is correct, it's $22 million plus another $30-$40 million in advertising. Oof.

G

What was the last Apatow related movie that was relevant and is still referenced today? He was making righteous bucks and something just happened where people collectively said "Fuck this smug Heeb." I wonder what-

MV5BODgwMzIzZDYtN2MwMi00NTNlLWFhZjUtY2MxZjY2M2YzMzRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg

Oh, right.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
What was the last Apatow related movie that was relevant and is still referenced today? He was making righteous bucks and something just happened where people collectively said "Fuck this smug Heeb." I wonder what-

View attachment 69009

Oh, right.
I know this movie didn't get great reviews, but it's easily Apatow's and also one of Sandler's best works even though it's half an hour too long.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
“Straight people didn’t show up” no shit Sherlock. They’re not the target audience. The normal straight people can support your rights without to wanting see you kiss another man on a giant screen douche bag. The movies target audience is the LGBTQ community, and I’d even say it’s only the GBTQ portion. I’m sure Lesbians don’t really wanna see it either. Also you were terrible on Parks and Rec. Maybe that was the writing, but you were the Jump the Shark Moment for the show according to many fans.

I wonder why it will "struggle to reach profitability.."

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I know this movie didn't get great reviews, but it's easily Apatow's and also one of Sandler's best works even though it's half an hour too long.
Yeah I didn’t mind it, could have been better but had it’s moments and just like most of Apatow’s movies it’s always 30 minutes too long. Norm had a great cameo “hey you don’t have aids!”

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I wonder why it will "struggle to reach profitability.."
The 22 million budget is starting to make sense, they just spent it on nonsense but hopefully this means they won’t let Billy anywhere near a movie again for having a production so stupid with money. This movie looks 10-12 million tops since it’s doesn’t even have any big stars.

Cuphead

Harry Powell

Lyndon Evans Superfan
To be clear, this is a result of people thinking Twitter and the AV Club and Jezebel or whatever are real life and represent what regular people actually think. Turns out most people don't want to see saliva connecting between the lips of two people with stubble on a giant screen.

I used to spend hours every day on AVClub.

Some of the hardest times I ever laughed happened in the old comments section there. They had a great community until the early-2010s when Disqus came onboard, then Kinja put the nail in the coffin. It was like this place. Making new bit accounts left and right, hilarious shit.

Now it’s unreadable. The wokeness is suffocating, the clickbait headlines, it’s not even a shell of its former self.

Harry Powell

Lyndon Evans Superfan
It’s a good movie. Truthfully all of Apatow’s movies are at least competently made and watchable. He really needed a different editor badly though. Funny People needed at least 45 minutes cut and pretty much everything he made during his peak there could have lost 30 minutes and been much better for it.

Comedies and horror movies should generally have a hard-cap of 90 minutes. It just works so much better.

2.5 hours+ is just harming your own movie

Cuphead

It’s a good movie. Truthfully all of Apatow’s movies are at least competently made and watchable. He really needed a different editor badly though. Funny People needed at least 45 minutes cut and pretty much everything he made during his peak there could have lost 30 minutes and been much better for it.

Comedies and horror movies should generally have a hard-cap of 90 minutes. It just works so much better.

2.5 hours+ is just harming your own movie
Yeah the movie is great, but then it really starts to drag once they go to Leslie Mann's house and just goes on way too long. There is no reason a comedy needs to be 2.5 hours if ya ask me.