When Did Howard Go Bad?

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Artie leaving. I bought a brand new car in 2016 that came with two years of Sirius so I would listen to the show on my way to work. Utter dogshit and if reddits to be believe it’s only gotten worse.

Also distancing himself from stuff like Gary the Retard to become this profound interviewer stinks.

Artie leaving. I bought a brand new car in 2016 that came with two years of Sirius so I would listen to the show on my way to work. Utter dogshit and if reddits to be believe it’s only gotten worse.

Also distancing himself from stuff like Gary the Retard to become this profound interviewer stinks.
And on top of that, Bugle Beak is a TERRIBLE interviewer. Rogan, Maron, even Jim and Sam are all WAY better than Howie is. He always starts with the bizarre daddy issues, he constantly interrupts and he asks the most moronic questions imaginable. He had Robert Plant on last year (I think it was 2021) and he actually asked him what writing "Stairway" was like, it was ultra-cringe.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.

It's funny how he made such a big deal of being able to say whatever he wanted when he moved to satellite radio only to end up censoring himself with stuff like 'Wendy the slow adult' and 'Eric the actor'.

Fucking sellout kike.

RobertMewler

And on top of that, Bugle Beak is a TERRIBLE interviewer. Rogan, Maron, even Jim and Sam are all WAY better than Howie is. He always starts with the bizarre daddy issues, he constantly interrupts and he asks the most moronic questions imaginable.
He's one of the worst. You'll hear a celebrity's guard start to come down and they'll pause to answer and just as they're opening their mouths Wiggy will blather over them with crap like, "Do you do third input?" Way to ruin the show, stupid.

Stern's line of work was never meant for old guys tbhya...
I was the first guy in my high school to be a YUGE fan of Howard Stern. It was by accident that I discovered him, on WWOR on a Saturday night back in 1990. I was telling everyone, and no one was really interested until this new student from Delaware moved to my school (I'm originally from the northern Midwest). He used to get cassettes mailed to him from his friends back in Delaware, and we'd listen to them. This guy told me all about Don Imus, and how Howard destroyed him.

Which brings me to my point, Howard at some point became Don Imus. Dare I say, he's even worse than Imus.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
He's one of the worst. You'll hear a celebrity's guard start to come down and they'll pause to answer and just as they're opening their mouths Wiggy will blather over them with crap like, "Do you do third input?" Way to ruin the show, stupid.
It didn't work when he did it with celebrities but when he did it to nobodies like management it was funny, forget who it was Howard had their little kid on the phone asking him "do you ever see daddy wearing mommies clothes" and "does daddy cry when mommy hits him"

I pulled a muscle I cringed so hard when Stern asked Robert Plant if Jimmy Page was the love of his life. I'm not sure if he was ever really good at interviewing celebrities, but he was great at talking to retards and making them seem funny & interesting.
That interview was so bad it defied belief. Plant was clearly annoyed, too. The thing that used to make his celebrity interviews interesting was the anarchic nature of his old show. They'd come in expecting a typical interview, then Howard would start goofing around, asking them if they did anal, who they banged and etc. Sometimes it'd lead to fun interactions. Then, in a pitiful attempt to repair his "raunchy shock-jock" legacy, he began promoting the idea that he's some kind of gifted insightful interviewer, like the therapist to the stars. But he's awful at it.

At some point, Howard Stern was just another dime a dozen neurotic Jew. He reminds me of Richard Lewis.
Stern did Seinfeld's cars and coffee show a few years back and he came across like a complete lunatic. He was terrified over being out in public, he was badgering Jerry about going to therapy, he wouldn't order anything other than hot water and when Jerry offered to split a brownie with Howie he was mortified, like it'd kill him if he ate it. Then they walked down the street to a small grocery store and Stern was marveling over how nothing "bad" happened. He's clearly mentally unbalanced, and a giant faggot too.

Stern did Seinfeld's cars and coffee show a few years back and he came across like a complete lunatic. He was terrified over being out in public, he was badgering Jerry about going to therapy, he wouldn't order anything other than hot water and when Jerry offered to split a brownie with Howie he was mortified, like it'd kill him if he ate it. Then they walked down the street to a small grocery store and Stern was marveling over how nothing "bad" happened. He's clearly mentally unbalanced, and a giant faggot too.
I was in a hotel van going to the airport, when I met an optometrist from NYC. He said that Howard was his patient, and that he was painfully shy. Also, I remember Opie pointing out that Howard was at least bisexual from all the times he's gone out in drag.

If you've ever listened to Gilbert Gottfried's podcast, he hardly needs any prodding to tell that famous story about Paul Lynde. When Lynde was on the Hollywood Squares during lunch, he'd get drunk and complain endlessly about Jews. Gilbert had told that story a couple of times on Stern's show. In this clip, Gilbert is goofing on Paul Lynde and calls George Takei a "Jap Bastard". Takei gets all huffy and says how offensive that was. Howard even agreed with Takei, something he never would have done in the 90s (this was from 2007).

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Stern was a strong interviewer 90s-2000s when he'd get something unique out of big name celebrities. You wouldn't hear A-listers talk like that anywhere else back then. Now you have Twitter where they tell you how big the last shit they took was.

Some celebs would try to get in on the act, and be assholes. That or he would set them up to get trolled and fuck with them. He was like a media terrorist, one of the most negative, bitter, jealous, petty little kikes to ever make himself known - and I loved him for it. He was shameless in everything he did. As previously stated, he commanded respect and threw his weight around with malice. He would out big name producers, roast media executives nobody knew by name, he really pulled the curtain back on entertainment. He changed everything.

He was never particularly talented, not really funny on his feet, but he understood the genre. You pick a stance and stick with it. As a jew, he was a natural argumentative, disgruntled prick. It worked for him. The guy was a brand in itself, if he slapped his name on it you knew what you were getting.

The touchy feely chick flick movie put a dent in his reputation. Son of the Beach may have been eye rolling, but it made me laugh a few times. I appreciated the spirit of Stern's work, as a NYC kid myself it was a cornerstone of my humor growing up. To see what he has become would be more painful if I didn't completely understand it from a business POV.

I contend that his show was still listenable until the final Artie years, where I actually began to despise Artie for his annoying unfunny interruptions. I now know he was high out of his mind. I was just a kid at the time, I didn't know what a heroin addict sounded like.

Stern was a strong interviewer 90s-2000s when he'd get something unique out of big name celebrities. You wouldn't hear A-listers talk like that anywhere else back then. Now you have Twitter where they tell you how big the last shit they took was.

Some celebs would try to get in on the act, and be assholes. That or he would set them up to get trolled and fuck with them. He was like a media terrorist, one of the most negative, bitter, jealous, petty little kikes to ever make himself known - and I loved him for it. He was shameless in everything he did. As previously stated, he commanded respect and threw his weight around with malice. He would out big name producers, roast media executives nobody knew by name, he really pulled the curtain back on entertainment. He changed everything.

He was never particularly talented, not really funny on his feet, but he understood the genre. You pick a stance and stick with it. As a jew, he was a natural argumentative, disgruntled prick. It worked for him. The guy was a brand in itself, if he slapped his name on it you knew what you were getting.

The touchy feely chick flick movie put a dent in his reputation. Son of the Beach may have been eye rolling, but it made me laugh a few times. I appreciated the spirit of Stern's work, as a NYC kid myself it was a cornerstone of my humor growing up. To see what he has become would be more painful if I didn't completely understand it from a business POV.

I contend that his show was still listenable until the final Artie years, where I actually began to despise Artie for his annoying unfunny interruptions. I now know he was high out of his mind. I was just a kid at the time, I didn't know what a heroin addict sounded like.
Some of the best interviews Howard did, was when he'd have Hip-Hop Artists, Black Athletes, or Angry Blacks in general. Part of the humor was when Howard would utter something like "Word!" when they'd be spouting nonsense about Whites. I can remember a gameshow he had featuring real American Brothers and African Immigrants, and he'd play them off each other. He said something like "You brothers are keepin' real, not like those Oreo Immigrants" to the American Brothers. Then, he'd tell the African Immigrants "You guys are so much less violent and angry compared to those brothers".

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Some of the best interviews Howard did, was when he'd have Hip-Hop Artists, Black Athletes, or Angry Blacks in general. Part of the humor was when Howard would utter something like "Word!" when they'd be spouting nonsense about Whites. I can remember a gameshow he had featuring real American Brothers and African Immigrants, and he'd play them off each other. He said something like "You brothers are keepin' real, not like those Oreo Immigrants" to the American Brothers. Then, he'd tell the African Immigrants "You guys are so much less violent and angry compared to those brothers".

His stories of being bullied and beaten by blacks because his whiny liberal mother insisting they remain in roosevelt long island, while she comfortably sat at home, were classic. Black Jeopardy is an all time bit. And he would trash Eminem for his fake black voice, because he admitted he himself would talk jive to black people trying to fit in. Eminem was seething about it in one of his songs.

Knowing his background, when Columbine happened, him fantasizing about raping the girls and shooting his black bullies... fantastic time capsule that holds up, especially listening to them all join his cope session because they were all bullied and are psychotic to sympathize with Eric and Dylan

He is clearly afraid of getting racial now because he at one time was the most free, he said it how it was about black people, and none of that "holds up" to the new standard.

Oh and when someone called in and said Steven Spielberg was talking trash about the private parts movie on MSNBC the night before, he launched into an hour long tirade clowning on Speilberg's black adopted son.

Like many teens I was captured by Howard's gimmick of being the evil jew in the darkness who glows purple, and talks shit about peoples kids at the drop of a hat. "You don't open your mouth about me Steven. These people will not give you a moments rest. Ask chevy chase, and Rosie O'Donnell, go ask Kathie Lee Gifford about me. You will be my prison bitch. Come kiss your husband. You will be my dog. I will make your life a living hell." Then they found out the guy who called made it all up, Spielberg had to issue a statement that he did not appear on MSNBC and seemed half apologetic as I recall.