What was your first concert?

Toast

Paige and Plant tour in 98' or 99'. Was my first arena show, and most of what i remember is not being able to breathe because the whole arena was a cloud of smoke. Banning smoking indoors was a good thing, I guess.

First small venue show was 2003 Anthrax at the Metro in Chicago where they filmed their dvd live show Music of Mass Destruction. My friend and I are on the rail right in front of Scott Ian the entire show and appear a few times throughout the show headbanging furiously. Good times.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Gregory Pecker
I grew up going to a load of bluegrass and country stuff because my mom is a musician, but the first one I went to that I actually wanted to go to was Korn. My dad took me and my friend. I've told the story before but some little crackhead hopped the barricade and tried to run to the stage before Korn was on. A morbidly obese old security guard grabbed him and jerseyed him and the guy slipped out of his shirt, slapped the guy on the gut and booked it again and the whole crowd went nuts for him. The band Trust Co. opened for them and they were getting booed and having shit thrown at them the whole time and the singer was being a bitch and whining about it right in the middle of their gay songs.

I saw Sum 41 open for Motley Crue and they were actually kind of fucking awesome. They played their hits and then played a bunch of legit heavy metal. Then at the end they did the Pain For Pleasure thing with the Judas Priest costumes and the singer and drummer switched places and they played a bunch of hair metal. Their brown guitarist can actually shred. I randomly met him at a movie theater one time and he was PFG.