What was your first concert?

Duxbury Dave

The Ringleader
Metallica Summer of '94 🤘🏻
IMG_bcu5uy.jpg

EraGodless

Went to a concert with my parents in the late 70's to early 80's that had Alabama and Charlie Daniels as headliners.

First concert as an adult was Snoop Dogg (nigga was late by two hours- typical). My last concert was in 2005 and it was Queens of the Stone Age playing at Stubbs BBQ in Austin. Pretty fucking great show. Josh Homme didn't speak too much- and I was maybe 10-15 feet away from him.

Last edited:
Metallica Summer of '94 🤘🏻
View attachment 100764
I saw them in 2003 on the Summer Sanitarium or some shit festival. Mudvane played at like noon for a half hour, then Deftones, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and then Metallica. So much time between bands. Motherfuckers went on at 10pm. The acoustics sucked, and I was tired from being stoned all day and wanted to get the fuck out of there. I don’t remember how they sounded but ppl were pissed that they went on so late. My friend and I left before their encore. It was a good day.

Duxbury Dave

The Ringleader
I saw them in 2003 on the Summer Sanitarium or some shit festival. Mud and played at like noon for a half hour, then Deftones, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and then a Metallica. Motherfuckers went on at 10pm. The acoustics sucked, and I was tired from being stoned all day and wanted to get the fuck out of there. I don’t remember how they sounded but ppl were pissed that they went on so late. My friend and I left before their encore.
Yeah I usually avoid going to big festival shows like that one where they are headlining. While some of those bands are good, the acoustics are always fucked up and it's a long ass day. Rather go see them on a regular tour date. Historically they bring along really good opening acts. Saw Danzig and Suicidal Tendencies open for them on the 94 tour.