• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What was the last movie you watched?

CuntFucker

#1 Poster
Forum Clout
Movies are kike propaganda, nice paying to be brainwashed, stupid.
Cannot imagine what it's like to be this incapable of compartmentalization. The incel sees boogeymen in every shadow. No ability to think for himself, his entire personality and set of values are entirely adopted from 4chan and inform his every decision. Incapable of even enjoying a movie. Sad.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Cannot imagine what it's like to be this incapable of compartmentalization. The incel sees boogeymen in every shadow. No ability to think for himself, his entire personality and set of values are entirely adopted from 4chan and inform his every decision. Incapable of even enjoying a movie. Sad.

I do agree with you on one thing, @CuntFucker - sometimes a movie is just a movie.

I DO think there are directors and writers pushing their beliefs blatantly nowadays - I just find that to be lazy storytelling, really.

Know why the original "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" worked so well? Depending on your perspective, it could be pro-American, or anti-red scare, or about the danger of conformity, you name it. Good art doesn't bludgeon you over the head, it makes you think and possibly debate the differing perspectives.

Say three people are looking at an expressionist painting. You ask all three of them what they see, and chances are you won't get the same answer amongst them. Now take those same people and show them a staged propaganda photo - you may get differing reactions, but the meaning behind it will probably be the same from all three because it's so blatant.

By the way, I've reposted "Propaganda Man" on my channel if anyone wants to give it a listen.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Recently re-watched No Country For Old Men and it didn't hold up for me at all. I also bought a copy of Apocalypto by Mel. I haven't watched that one in a long time, but I remember thinking it was damn near flawless except for the animatronic/puppet black panther they used in one scene. It looked so fawkin bad it's almost hilarious.

That's a real panther

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
O Lucky Man! 1973. Pretty funny and interesting/surreal for a 3 hour movie but I did get annoyed with the CAPITALISM IS BAD message. Maybe I just immediately think of trannies anytime I hear complaints about capitalism which always upsets me but any ways the movie was enjoyable and Malcom McDowell is always great.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I've liked every single one of his movies (Punch Drunk Love is a personal Top 10), but Licorice Pizza may have been the worst movie I've seen in ten years.
I just want a decent rip of it so I can see how awful or good it is. All I can find is fucking 6GB ones of a 2+ hour movie which is compressed to shit. Fawk. I'm very picky when it comes to quality of movies.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Rewatched A Woman Under The Influence. Cassavetes is in my top 3 favorite directors and might even be #1. As someone who grew up with fawwwkin mental illness *sniff* it's my favorite depiction of it in a movie. 70s was probably the best year for movies.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

Grand Cyclops of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
That's really it. My sister also played piano well enough to enter competitions and my mom was pretty into the idea of it but ultimately it wasn't something she could pursue. I actually secretly played piano (secretly because the @covidcumia types I played football with would have probably tortured me) until I was old enough to say I wanted to learn guitar and that was it. My wife, as is common for Asians, is a piano maestro and won multiple major competitions before settling into a career that has nothing to do with piano so our two daughters are currently being abused to the point of tears to meet her standards. Mozart is legitimately my wife's hero and during high school she went to visit his former home and grave. "He was probably just an autist who did nothing else" doesn't sit well with her.
Another biopic about a great composer I loved was Immortal Beloved. Basically showed that he had a miserable childhood because his father tried to make him a virtuoso to emulate Mozart, a mistake which he then repeated with his nephew. Basically his father was a miserable alcoholic who was abusive. It's mostly told in flashbacks after his death when they are trying to find out who the woman is to whom he left his entire estate. But gives insight into why he was a relatively unpleasant cantankerous person. Gary Oldman as always was great

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
Another biopic about a great composer I loved was Immortal Beloved. Basically showed that he had a miserable childhood because his father tried to make him a virtuoso to emulate Mozart, a mistake which he then repeated with his nephew. Basically his father was a miserable alcoholic who was abusive. It's mostly told in flashbacks after his death when they are trying to find out who the woman is to whom he left his entire estate. But gives insight into why he was a relatively unpleasant cantankerous person. Gary Oldman as always was great
I’ve never seen that actually. Will give it a poke if I can find it.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Silence of the Lambs (for around the 8th time). Fly, fly...
I love that movie but the one scene that takes me completely out of it is near the end where Lecter is taken to that giant room and how unprofessional the FBI looks with zero trigger discipline waving their guns around. Everything is else is great and that fake out at the end is done so well.