What ended up happening with the accusations against Hugh Hefner? And what do we think the validity of them are?

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Lots of famous interviews that made news (not fluff pieces). That Carter interview is well known for Jimmy's, "I've had lust in my heart."

The owners of Studio 54 got busted for tax evasion and shut down after bragging about having two sets of accounting books for scamming purposes in a Playboy interview.

A lot of solid, middle-brow content and the prettiest girls.
Didn’t they often compare Playboy to Stern? In that most of their audience was blue collar guys or super wealthy with a lot less in between.

Didn’t they often compare Playboy to Stern? In that most of their audience was blue collar guys or super wealthy with a lot less in between.
I don't know. I lost interest in Playboy when I was old enough to buy them. I would think blue color guys would be more interested in Hustler. That was Flynt's target audience I believe. But there's probably some truth to that. Appreciation for nudity is universal.

And its why no one gives a fuck. Wow, Hugh Hefner was a creep and sex pest??? How do you even print that and get any attention on it. It’s not like you’re saying, idk, the guy from Blues Clues is a pedophile and rapist.

If you have that much casual sex you're always going to cross someone's line.

Then there are dumb broads out there who don't tell you their safe word is 'no' and somehow that's MY fault. 🙄

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
You faggots are too young to know:

“I read it for the articles!”
Surprisingly - they actually did (for a time) have some good articles and interviews as well as cartoons. They were kinda like a GQ that also had naked women in it. I remember my buddies and thought we looked cool when we rented a house in our early 20s after college and would have the current GQ and Playboy magazine on the coffee table in the living room. This was almost 20 years ago obviously. Surprisingly when we had parties the girls were always interested to look at the issues of playboy.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Surprisingly - they actually did (for a time) have some good articles and interviews as well as cartoons. They were kinda like a GQ that also had naked women in it. I remember my buddies and thought we looked cool when we rented a house in our early 20s after college and would have the current GQ and Playboy magazine on the coffee table in the living room. This was almost 20 years ago obviously. Surprisingly when we had parties the girls were always interested to look at the issues of playboy.
You always struck me as a classy guy.
@Patrick O'Neal What is Flynt?

JebJoh

I don't know. I lost interest in Playboy when I was old enough to buy them. I would think blue color guys would be more interested in Hustler. That was Flynt's target audience I believe. But there's probably some truth to that. Appreciation for nudity is universal.
For my dad’s generation playboy turned a lot of beer drinking blue collar guys into fans of jazz, dressing better and non muscle sports cars. Pretty sure playboy launched the hi fi boom that lasted into the 80s

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Kinda funny looking back on Hef - for years he was seen as someone for men to admire because he got laid a lot and was always surrounded by beautiful women and had the playboy mansion which was known for all kinds of sex stories (James Caan lived there for a time in the 70s getting tons of women, Pauly Shore, Scott Baio who was banging Pamela Anderson, etc) but in 2024 that kind of thing would be looked down upon by society in a post #metoo world.

Ever see the movie Star 80 @BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 ? It’s about Dorothy Stratton who was a famous playboy model that was becoming a mainstream (tv and movies) star and was murdered by her super controlling jealous husband / manager. Hef was “upset” with how he was portrayed even though he wasn’t even played in a bad light. Even funnier was Hefner’s brother played himself in it as a playboy photographer. Eric Roberts is great in it - he should have won an Oscar he was so good but back then since he was playing someone “evil” they wouldn’t even nominate him. They even had a phrase called “Star 80 syndrome” for actors that would be great in a movie but played a “bad” person and wouldn’t get nominated because they felt it would look bad to honor someone for playing someone evil.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
wasn’t that documentary in 10 parts or more? that’s too many hours for not at least one juicy solid tidbit to have trickled out by now. if he was a pedo, that would’ve been it. nobody cares about rape that happened before 2005
That was my thought. If there had been some huge revelations then I would have heard of it by now. I’m still shocked that the company still exists.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
For my dad’s generation playboy turned a lot of beer drinking blue collar guys into fans of jazz, dressing better and non muscle sports cars. Pretty sure playboy launched the hi fi boom that lasted into the 80s
Yes, they were seen as a classy “lifestyle” magazine and even the nude women weren’t doing raunchy things in photos which was a big thing with Hef that they were “tasteful” photos of nude women.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Hustler , child they showed Cervix unlike Playboy which claimed to be "classy"
Oh shit, you’re right - I didnt read it properly - Penthouse was that Bob Guccioni guy who just wanted to compete with Hefner. Larry was proud to be graphic with Hustler unlike the competition. Plus he had that whole fight Jerry Falwell.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Kinda funny looking back on Hef - for years he was seen as someone for men to admire because he got laid a lot and was always surrounded by beautiful women and had the playboy mansion which was known for all kinds of sex stories (James Caan lived there for a time in the 70s getting tons of women, Pauly Shore, Scott Baio who was banging Pamela Anderson, etc) but in 2024 that kind of thing would be looked down upon by society in a post #metoo world.

Ever see the movie Star 80 @BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 ? It’s about Dorothy Stratton who was a famous playboy model that was becoming a mainstream (tv and movies) star and was murdered by her super controlling jealous husband / manager. Hef was “upset” with how he was portrayed even though he wasn’t even played in a bad light. Even funnier was Hefner’s brother played himself in it as a playboy photographer. Eric Roberts is great in it - he should have won an Oscar he was so good but back then since he was playing someone “evil” they wouldn’t even nominate him. They even had a phrase called “Star 80 syndrome” for actors that would be great in a movie but played a “bad” person and wouldn’t get nominated because they felt it would look bad to honor someone for playing someone evil.
No but I’ll check out the movie. One of my favorite Artie moments is reminding everyone about Pauly Shore saying, “I don’t know” in response to being asked how many Playboy models he fucked.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
No but I’ll check out the movie. One of my favorite Artie moments is reminding everyone about Pauly Shore saying, “I don’t know” in response to being asked how many Playboy models he fucked.
It’s a good one - Eric Roberts is all kinds of sleazy and scary as the husband. It was a big story when it happened as Dorothy was becoming a mainstream star (similar to Pamela Anderson, Anna Nicole Smith, etc) and how it ended in a dark and tragic way. Even creepier is they used the house the actual murders happened in.

Pauly pretty much lived at the mansion for years and was known as the guy would get the “new” models first. I think David Spade was also a regular and knocked up one of playboy girls.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I remember the Drew Carey Show did a funny bit involving playboy magazine. Drew built a bomb shelter and had locked himself in it with plenty of food and his father’s collection of every playboy magazine and was excited to finally have time to read them all. Then he sneezes from the dust and his glasses break and now he can’t see anything - a parody of the classic Twilight Zone episode “Time Enough At Last”

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
It’s a good one - Eric Roberts is all kinds of sleazy and scary as the husband. It was a big story when it happened as Dorothy was becoming a mainstream star (similar to Pamela Anderson, Anna Nicole Smith, etc) and how it ended in a dark and tragic way. Even creepier is they used the house the actual murders happened in.

Pauly pretty much lived at the mansion for years and was known as the guy would get the “new” models first. I think David Spade was also a regular and knocked up one of playboy girls.
I only know the Pauly Shore thing from Stern clips and Spade was also a notorious pussy hound. I’m assuming the clip got deleted but a while ago I did post a clip of Pauly admitting to jerking off on a chick after she was asleep. Old school Stern was absolutely wild. No celebrity would ever admit that today.
Edit: lol
IMG_2236.jpeg