the level of unprofessionalism and disdain to the listeners when they used to eat on mic is mind boggling

All the flaws the show had this one is the most unforgiving for me. Having a bad show or a guest that didn't go over well is something you'd forget easily but the amount of times the faggots would burp, drink or eat on mic is so fucking infuriating and difficult to listen to. Them watching YouTube clips is a close second but that is for another rant some other time.

I was listening to an old clip and one of them was literally sucking through a straw on mic that was so loud it made it difficult to understand what was being said. There was also times you could literally hear the clinging of spoons hitting the bowls. They had a four hour show a day with plenty of breaks in between they could've used to eat their faggot breakfasts but they decided to do it on air to frustrate the listeners.

They do it on J&S too:

Last edited:

Stent

sorry, jelly. find your peanut butter
I saw a clip a while back where Norton is constantly swatting at the mic to move it. It makes a loud clunk sound each time and he just keeps knocking it because he wants to move his head slightly.

Denny should behead him for even touching a hot mic.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
I saw a clip a while back where Norton is constantly swatting at the mic to move it. It makes a loud clunk sound each time and he just keeps knocking it because he wants to move his head slightly.

Denny should behead him for even touching a hot mic.
What about Nanas old timey desk mic that would pick up everything whenever he bump into the desk or holy shitting pounding desk

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Dennis Falcone would come on air and you could hear him literally groan under his breath when they would do something unprofessional like burp into a microphone. One time Dennis waited outside of the studio until Opie signaled him to enter the studio to be a professional as possible. And Dennis would always comment when a mic was left on and tell them to turn down the 'hot mic'. Guy was old school radio level professional.

O&A and every other show had guys eat on the air. And farting into the microphone was part of the immature humor. You have to remember that these guys would piss on authors' books and sometimes piss on each others' food. Take baby shit on their faces and have people vomit eggnog into each other's mouths. So burping and farting on air was not even close to as gross as they got.

What you newer listeners might not realize is that sometimes the show just kept going without long breaks all day. So they would just eat on air really quickly. If you listen to clips of the show it seems unprofessional. But if they were doing a show where the vibe was great like the 'wheel of death' day or 'Louie Beans' they tried to remain on air for as long as possible. If you listen to entire shows from start to finish you will not find that many times that they eat on air. Even Jimmy's extreme paranoia over his eggs was infrequent.

The show had an unprofessional laidback vibe. But in reality Opie was keeping the show moving but also making it seem like a circus. Even some of the comedians and guests did not realize this. For example Vos and Nick Dip both complained on air that they had to wait to go on air when Opie signaled them to and had to wait in the green room.

G

"They motherfucked me on mustard for my egg whites" is something no straight man has ever said or complained about.
Egg whites and mustard. God even his fucking FOOD is disgusting and infuriating.

I always felt bad for whoever was in that room when Jimmy would cut disgusting farts and talk about being lactose intolerant and the dairy products he had the night before. That's fucking disgusting and I can't believe nobody ever called him on being an inconsiderate asshole.

G

Dennis Falcone would come on air and you could hear him literally groan under his breath when they would do something unprofessional like burp into a microphone. One time Dennis waited outside of the studio until Opie signaled him to enter the studio to be a professional as possible. And Dennis would always comment when a mic was left on and tell them to turn down the 'hot mic'. Guy was old school radio level professional.

O&A and every other show had guys eat on the air. And farting into the microphone was part of the immature humor. You have to remember that these guys would piss on authors' books and sometimes piss on each others' food. Take baby shit on their faces and have people vomit eggnog into each other's mouths. So burping and farting on air was not even close to as gross as they got.

What you newer listeners might not realize is that sometimes the show just kept going without long breaks all day. So they would just eat on air really quickly. If you listen to clips of the show it seems unprofessional. But if they were doing a show where the vibe was great like the 'wheel of death' day or 'Louie Beans' they tried to remain on air for as long as possible. If you listen to entire shows from start to finish you will not find that many times that they eat on air. Even Jimmy's extreme paranoia over his eggs was infrequent.

The show had an unprofessional laidback vibe. But in reality Opie was keeping the show moving but also making it seem like a circus. Even some of the comedians and guests did not realize this. For example Vos and Nick Dip both complained on air that they had to wait to go on air when Opie signaled them to and had to wait in the green room.
And now nick dip and vos have to come in and tapdance for sam in the big chair and the worm motherfucking them to promote their gigs

nice career momentum, stupids.