The leaked Howard Stern conference.

Jesus Christ, Howard really meant a lot to you huh? Say what you want about OwenA but how dare you insult my Howard!

First I thought it was funny that Howard wanted his barely above Wack Pack staff to fix the show HE broke. "Gary the Retard" is the guy he turns to? Not a modern social media marketing company? This is Cumia level incompetence. And we've been known to mock people who hire retards to run a podcast network around here. This is the "downfall" of which I speak.

I was unaware of any of this shit until recently because like most people my age I stopped listening to Howard Stern probably in the late 90's. (There was no Jackie chair back then. Just Jackie. So I only know Artie from the Artie and Anthony show.)

Now I think it's funny that you're so upset that Howard is being mocked.

Howard doesn't owe me shit, but the idea that there's someone on the O and A forums defending a multi-millionaire and pointing out that he has more money than me (duh) and interviews celebrities (so?) is pretty funny. Have you not read a single word of all the mockery of Opie, Anthony, Joe, et al?

None of that matters. What matters is what's funny. Howard going from the Howard of 1997 who made himself "the King of All Media" to asking his staff to fix his show is funny. Simping for a wealthy guy is funny. Clutching your pearls when someone you admire gets the Cumia treatment is funny. Getting mad and slinging insults because someone made fun of a shock jock on the Owen A Forums is funny. That is how this place came into existence after all. It is the weirdest thing to sperg out on.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Part of Howard's old appeal was seeing how far he could push the envelope, but without an envelope to push, it just seemed stupid.
That was the initial appeal to me with O&A. I caught them on a whim on XM when they first had Mike Rowe in. It was an entertaining interview and hearing the curses go out was definitely intriguing because I, like many, did not follow Stern to Sirius. I agree with you in that Stern going to satellite was an ill-timed maneuver and he lost the core fans because of it. I never listened to O&A when they were on WNEW or prior to that, so when I would hear tapes from that era, I hated them because to my virgin ears: they sounded contrived. That's only because I was introduced to them through satellite though, that much I'm certain of. Also, Anthony Cumia is a stinky, near-bald, crusty, pussy avoiding, pissy eyed, bleach breathed, non-gun-toting, mother avoiding, brother assisting, anal egg using, mandible chewing, card carrying racist.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
He stinks and I don’t like him.

I don't either.

The American Fan linked me the video when it dropped. He hadn't watched it yet and said as much, but from what he had heard, it was pretty bad.

@That Nigga Dre , I'm not attacking you here when I say this, but there's nothing redeeming about that video. Unlike some here, I'm not going to call him a sellout - he is, but everyone in entertainment is (myself included) - I'm just going to call him fake. THAT'S always been my issue with what the video showed.

Now when I say fake, I say this with the caveat that every idiot shock jock plays a role or amplifies themselves on the air. That's why Ron and Fez was so great: Fez played up his anxiety to the nth degree and Ronnie was an even bigger smart ass. The difference here, is Howard constantly bragged he was always being himself, that nothing was off limits. He played this up in the Private Parts movie as well (we know how that panned out). That video told me that he was always putting on a persona that was never remotely close to who he actually is, and that's where I disagree with you.

The guys who said he threw away his audience going to satellite, and no longer had an enemy, I agree with that assessment. By railing against the government, he sounded like an everyman looking out for the little guy. You take that away and the little nuances that make him a money grubbing shut-in obsessed with reality TV only becomes more obvious, and that I just can't relate to.

Also, seriously, go bald with some class, man. You're older than me.

Gay Faggot.

Play a REAL instrument, Millennial DIPSHITS!!!🤣🤣🤣
I don't either.

The American Fan linked me the video when it dropped. He hadn't watched it yet and said as much, but from what he had heard, it was pretty bad.

@That Nigga Dre , I'm not attacking you here when I say this, but there's nothing redeeming about that video. Unlike some here, I'm not going to call him a sellout - he is, but everyone in entertainment is (myself included) - I'm just going to call him fake. THAT'S always been my issue with what the video showed.

Now when I say fake, I say this with the caveat that every idiot shock jock plays a role or amplifies themselves on the air. That's why Ron and Fez was so great: Fez played up his anxiety to the nth degree and Ronnie was an even bigger smart ass. The difference here, is Howard constantly bragged he was always being himself, that nothing was off limits. He played this up in the Private Parts movie as well (we know how that panned out). That video told me that he was always putting on a persona that was never remotely close to who he actually is, and that's where I disagree with you.

The guys who said he threw away his audience going to satellite, and no longer had an enemy, I agree with that assessment. By railing against the government, he sounded like an everyman looking out for the little guy. You take that away and the little nuances that make him a money grubbing shut-in obsessed with reality TV only becomes more obvious, and that I just can't relate to.

Also, seriously, go bald with some class, man. You're older than me.
These are two separate points you guys are trying to merge into one. He’s also a Jew (which he hid for years) so not sure why anyone would be surprised he’s a fraud. I’ll be fair and say I’m too young to have listened to stern in his prime. It’s weird as fuck I even know about OnA, more so how much I know about them. This “conference” is no different than what any boss would do if his company was failing. The reality is, in order to make money, and be sellable, he had to shift. This video isn’t that bad. It’s embarrassing for him, but it makes sense. He’s pretty much saying they’re not what they used to be, in terms of popularity, and they need to change. That’s a reasonable assessment. You can still hate how Howie (hoo hoo) changed, and understand why he’d do this. Honestly, I’ve watched a good chunk of the old clips brothermen and yourself post, and I get why you wish it was still around. He’s an old Jew. He’s going to try and work as little as possible, while making as much as possible.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
The reality is, in order to make money, and be sellable, he had to shift.
They were never going to make money off of Stern. His contract pays his entire channel staff out $100million per year and they keep a percentage of advertising as well. Stern had an incentive to hire as little people as possible and produce the show for as little as possible. Because any unused money at the end of the year goes directly into his salary. This is the exact situation Anthony is in with his Compound Media just replace $100million with maybe $57.80 annually. If Stern spends $10million on his channel a year he keeps the remaining $90million.

So his entire speech about expanding the show is just a big kike lie. If he really wanted to expand the show he would work five days a week and take less vacation. The fact is that Stern if he was smart would have picked his successor and given them his morning slot. Then he would have done a weekend show or afternoon shows a few times a week. But his entire goal with satellite was simply to pull in as much money for himself as possible. And then use the Sirius platform to advertise for outside gigs like America's Got Talent or whatever.

Howard wants to be popular. The mentality of every frumpy high school girl. But Howard also wants to be wealthy and never have to work. The mentality of every kike. You cannot have both.

I watched this when it originally came out. Really the only 'embarrassing' part of it is when he admits his numbers have tanked.

Other than that? He probably could have gone about it a better way, so he doesn't look like Evil Steve Jobs giving a demanding presentation. But you and the other fans acting like this is a major 'gotcha' are going overboard with the entitlement.

So the guy acknowledges there's less heat on his name, and he came up with a few (sloppy) ideas and told his people face to face rather than by memo. If you have a problem with this? It's a Chapo sentiment... whining that the boss is expecting his employees to actually work toward the growth of his lame show, and not just run around the hallways pulling pranks or slacking off (which has proven to do dick in terms of getting his name out there anymore)

What's so shocking about spamming celebrities under fake accounts so you can use their name for your own benefit? That's literally the most Howard thing I have ever heard. And you know what? He has a shitload of A-Listers on now so something worked. He has ALWAYS been this way. For fuck sake, he used to publicly humiliate his unpaid interns because they didn't prepare his baked potato or boiled water properly. I don't think having a corny powerpoint meeting with slightly unrealistic goals is worse than that. You just don't like it because it's not for your entertainment. No fucking shit. You were never meant to see it.

Howard Stern in 2022 is not going to function in a corporate setting doing the same exact thing he did in 2009, in 1999, or in 1989. And that coupled with his Semitism, is why he has had longevity.

Beyond that -- Do you really think he gives a flying fuck that retards online, edgelords, aged out blue collar boomers, and Gen X truckers think he's soft now? You ain't his target demographic anymore. Y'know who is? Young people and grown women with shitty taste... Because they will actually buy shit and not just pirate it. Howard is a salesman and his product has always been himself. You have zero entitlement to him tapdancing to your liking for the rest of both your lives.

Yes, it's sad that the only 'anti-mainstream' media powerhouse who was an "outsider" has flipped to the dark woke side. It's sad for the "What IF" scenario... What if he was the one who said "fuck this shit" and funneled all his money into keeping the torch of abrasive, crude comedy lit? He probably would have gotten away with it, but what would he get in return? He would be King Shit of a bunch of lonely internet idiots who never show up to defend you when you get in trouble, who never attach their irl name to supporting you, who sit by and let the media trash you. And if they do try to defend you, they make you look like a fucking retard (ala Trump followers)

Yeah, it's not as rewarding as catering to actual consumers who will actually pay for his actual low-effort garbage. Vince McMahon did the exact same thing, and he's still a billionaire who just retired. Howard will follow suit soon enough.

TLDR: Working 3 days a week every other week at the most boring tame shit you can is more profitable than "giving 'em hell" for 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. The guy is almost in his 70s and he's made a career of being the enemy of the media. He saw what happened with Trump and he doesn't have the spine or the energy to be that guy anymore.

Why do you feel entitled to him being exactly what he was when you were a teenager?
Yuck, Howard’s show is laughable now. He is afraid to come out of his mansion and he talks about his horse face wife’s ’ shelter cats…and scolds people for not wearing masks. Great content.

Last edited:
The downturn of the show was neck breaking, the second Artie was gone it was straight down hill. It wasn't phenomenal before with The American Idol talk creeping in more and more but without Artie it was head first into the fem shit.
The HSS got really bad right after Jackie quit, but it was bad in a different way than it got after Artie got canned. The post-Jackie shows were just sad, low-energy affairs, while the post-Artie shows are contrived, boring faggotry, with Howard trying his very best to shed his "raunchy shock-jock" legacy and be accepted by the Hollywood faggots whose affection he desperately craves. I would say that Howard is probably the entertainer who I'm most embarrassed to have liked at one time.

NigelCumia

The HSS got really bad right after Jackie quit, but it was bad in a different way than it got after Artie got canned. The post-Jackie shows were just sad, low-energy affairs, while the post-Artie shows are contrived, boring faggotry, with Howard trying his very best to shed his "raunchy shock-jock" legacy and be accepted by the Hollywood faggots whose affection he desperately craves. I would say that Howard is probably the entertainer who I'm most embarrassed to have liked at one time.
Before Artie? I realize those Jackie years were considered the golden years but the Artie years, even post satellite move, was some of the best shows they've ever done. Artie vs. Eric the Midget/Crazy Alice/Heroin, Sal's wife's emotional friend. Shit still holds up.

Before Artie? I realize those Jackie years were considered the golden years but the Artie years, even post satellite move, was some of the best shows they've ever done. Artie vs. Eric the Midget/Crazy Alice/Heroin, Sal's wife's emotional friend. Shit still holds up.
He tried to downplay it, but losing Jackie was almost a fatal blow. The shows after Jackie quit and before Artie started were just abysmally bad, total hack bullshit, as bad as any morning zoo program. Artie saved the show, and got Howie in a position where he could capitalize on the whole satellite thing. Without Artie, the HSS was doomed. It immediately slid right back into the shitter as soon as Artie left.

Haven't seen this, tried to watch it, its painful.
Started listening regularly to stern when he moved to sirius as it became easier to as Im not in the US.
Used to download the shows and all the old archives from the binaries newsgroups and troll on the stern newsgroup.
stopped listening the moment artie left and havent listened since. reading various comments and the show is utter garbage now. I have no idea of the dynamics of the show and the staff.
After seeing richard christie name pop up on some credits somewhere i looked at his imdb page which says he has a wife and kid. thats pretty wholesome to read, he's a goof but im glad he's got a family now.

I probably have most of his sirius and wnew catalog somewhere. captured 20 odd years ago, so unedited for his modern audience

anyone in here active on the stern newsgroup circa 1999-2005? Some great trolling.
JBoom (very joe cumia like)- lived in florida, was in a devo tribute band playing bass, stern fan who had an o+a pest turn up at his house and give him some deli meat.
MMarone - bit of a fatrick with a smarmy condescending tone, , working at a financial services place in NY (doxed through his companies usenet server and profile on the company site, simpler times) trolled constantly for his moronic posts, his craiglist ads for selling corral with pictures taken on a disgusting manky stove and being of german descent.

I've been doing this since i was 18.. *sniff*

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
I watched this about a year ago and oh boy do I have thoughts on it.

1) Many terrestrial radio hosts predicted Howard would become a nobody after he moved to satellite. I specifically remember Laura Ingraham asking rhetorically, "Without the FCC as a foil, how can Howard function? He needs an enemy." (Not an exact quote, paraphrased.) So over 10 years later, Howard is going to ask his staff help him breach the Sirius paywall and get celebrities aware of his existence without even admitting he may have made a mistake! This is NOT the way to get the underlings motivated. He complains about being behind a paywall without mentioning that he got signed to that paywall for HALF A BILLION dollars. (later reduced, no doubt) How much of that half bil do you think the staff saw in raises? With Howard? Zero. Admitting that he may have made a mistake would go a long way in motivating the help where one isn't willing to spend money to do so.

2) Howard offered his staff MORE WORK and ADDITIONAL BOSSES TO REPORT TO (to be named later because Howard didn't want to say it's a committee of one: Marci Turk) WITHOUT OFFERING A SINGLE CENT OF EXTRA COMPENSATION OR SECOND OF PTO. Wait, my job description just doubled in size? I'm responsible for unmeasurable shit like "buzz?" And I have new bosses to report to that you're going to name later? Why should I do all this shit? I'M NOT THE ASSHOLE THAT PUT THE SHOW BEHIND A PAYWALL.

Howard: Hey Scott DePace, you're a big Rush Limbaugh fan. I want you to try to get him on the show. (Scott could have no doubt repeated verbatim the nasty stuff Howard said about Limbaugh over the years.) Howard, just because you need Rush Limbaugh today doesn't mean he needs you back. You have to offer a get that size something in return. And Limbaugh just didn't need your audience the way you need his. SHUT UP, SIT DOWN.

3) So if the show goes away, I'm fired? Well, Howard the show isn't "going away." Your fucking agent might as well be Programming Director for Sirius. You are literally the only show that matters on this dogshit satellite network. You are the only one that gets paid real money. Your show could fail for 40 more years without getting cancelled. If that's all you can threaten, bitch boy, you're as toothless as you are hairless.

4) He outright calls his audience transphobic and homophobic (meaning rational) How is this good for ratings?

5) He complains that his logo (dated, even then) is nowhere to be seen in the studio or on the clothes of the employees. Count the slides on his dogshit Powerpoint presentation. You don't see the logo till slide 20 or so. Dumb nigger if the logo's so important put it on the cover slide.

At the time it leaked, the controversy was the fake Twitter accounts. The twitter accounts are by far the least embarassing thing about this presentation.
Steve C would be proud of your logo advice