• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

The leaked Howard Stern conference.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
I watched this about a year ago and oh boy do I have thoughts on it.

1) Many terrestrial radio hosts predicted Howard would become a nobody after he moved to satellite. I specifically remember Laura Ingraham asking rhetorically, "Without the FCC as a foil, how can Howard function? He needs an enemy." (Not an exact quote, paraphrased.) So over 10 years later, Howard is going to ask his staff help him breach the Sirius paywall and get celebrities aware of his existence without even admitting he may have made a mistake! This is NOT the way to get the underlings motivated. He complains about being behind a paywall without mentioning that he got signed to that paywall for HALF A BILLION dollars. (later reduced, no doubt) How much of that half bil do you think the staff saw in raises? With Howard? Zero. Admitting that he may have made a mistake would go a long way in motivating the help where one isn't willing to spend money to do so.

2) Howard offered his staff MORE WORK and ADDITIONAL BOSSES TO REPORT TO (to be named later because Howard didn't want to say it's a committee of one: Marci Turk) WITHOUT OFFERING A SINGLE CENT OF EXTRA COMPENSATION OR SECOND OF PTO. Wait, my job description just doubled in size? I'm responsible for unmeasurable shit like "buzz?" And I have new bosses to report to that you're going to name later? Why should I do all this shit? I'M NOT THE ASSHOLE THAT PUT THE SHOW BEHIND A PAYWALL.

Howard: Hey Scott DePace, you're a big Rush Limbaugh fan. I want you to try to get him on the show. (Scott could have no doubt repeated verbatim the nasty stuff Howard said about Limbaugh over the years.) Howard, just because you need Rush Limbaugh today doesn't mean he needs you back. You have to offer a get that size something in return. And Limbaugh just didn't need your audience the way you need his. SHUT UP, SIT DOWN.

3) So if the show goes away, I'm fired? Well, Howard the show isn't "going away." Your fucking agent might as well be Programming Director for Sirius. You are literally the only show that matters on this dogshit satellite network. You are the only one that gets paid real money. Your show could fail for 40 more years without getting cancelled. If that's all you can threaten, bitch boy, you're as toothless as you are hairless.

4) He outright calls his audience transphobic and homophobic (meaning rational) How is this good for ratings?

5) He complains that his logo (dated, even then) is nowhere to be seen in the studio or on the clothes of the employees. Count the slides on his dogshit Powerpoint presentation. You don't see the logo till slide 20 or so. Dumb nigger if the logo's so important put it on the cover slide.

At the time it leaked, the controversy was the fake Twitter accounts. The twitter accounts are by far the least embarassing thing about this presentation.
Your point on Free FM is spot on and I definitely think going to Sirius positioned him to under deliver.

First, you’re right - he didn’t have the FCC around to be the bad guy and since he was the biggest name in radio, he didn’t have an enemy who was bigger than him. Plus, When you’re signed for $500M, you don’t really have anything to rebel against, do you?

Secondly, his reach was a fraction of what it was when he was on terrestrial. Why would an A lister go on there to promote their new movie when they could reach 10X as many more people by going on Mancow for 15 minutes? Howard’s dynamic flipped - he needed Jon Stewart to help him broaden his reach, not the other way around.

I don’t fault the guy for recognizing he needed to try something new, it’s clear the old way wasn’t working. He was just so out of touch with what made him successful in the first place.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I remember he tried suing Sirius because he felt he was owed a bonus because he believed he was the reason Sirius had ANY subscribers and said it was in his contract. The case seemed to not go anywhere and he didn’t mention after a while, I’m guessing it was because since you have to pay MORE for Stern on Sirius which means he can’t claim all their subscribers if people aren’t paying extra for Stern.

I can’t see how anyone can be a die hard Stern fan in 2022, let alone pay extra for him on Sirius. He used to shit on Oprah and Eminem for not showing up to do their channels yet he’s barely ever on. Funny he’s begging for guests yet a couple years later he was only interviewing the same 10-15 guests over and over (Alec Baldwin, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Rogen, Amy Schumer, etc) and his interviews make zero news for exposing anything interesting.

It’s crazy how the whole idea of a “shock jock” is completely over because you’re not allowed to offend anyone and people aren’t looking for outrageous radio personalities. I’m in my late 30s and I doubt anyone under 25 would even know what a shock jock is.

DMAN

New York City
I watched this when it originally came out. Really the only 'embarrassing' part of it is when he admits his numbers have tanked.

Other than that? He probably could have gone about it a better way, so he doesn't look like Evil Steve Jobs giving a demanding presentation. But you and the other fans acting like this is a major 'gotcha' are going overboard with the entitlement.

So the guy acknowledges there's less heat on his name, and he came up with a few (sloppy) ideas and told his people face to face rather than by memo. If you have a problem with this? It's a Chapo sentiment... whining that the boss is expecting his employees to actually work toward the growth of his lame show, and not just run around the hallways pulling pranks or slacking off (which has proven to do dick in terms of getting his name out there anymore)

What's so shocking about spamming celebrities under fake accounts so you can use their name for your own benefit? That's literally the most Howard thing I have ever heard. And you know what? He has a shitload of A-Listers on now so something worked. He has ALWAYS been this way. For fuck sake, he used to publicly humiliate his unpaid interns because they didn't prepare his baked potato or boiled water properly. I don't think having a corny powerpoint meeting with slightly unrealistic goals is worse than that. You just don't like it because it's not for your entertainment. No fucking shit. You were never meant to see it.

Howard Stern in 2022 is not going to function in a corporate setting doing the same exact thing he did in 2009, in 1999, or in 1989. And that coupled with his Semitism, is why he has had longevity.

Beyond that -- Do you really think he gives a flying fuck that retards online, edgelords, aged out blue collar boomers, and Gen X truckers think he's soft now? You ain't his target demographic anymore. Y'know who is? Young people and grown women with shitty taste... Because they will actually buy shit and not just pirate it. Howard is a salesman and his product has always been himself. You have zero entitlement to him tapdancing to your liking for the rest of both your lives.

Yes, it's sad that the only 'anti-mainstream' media powerhouse who was an "outsider" has flipped to the dark woke side. It's sad for the "What IF" scenario... What if he was the one who said "fuck this shit" and funneled all his money into keeping the torch of abrasive, crude comedy lit? He probably would have gotten away with it, but what would he get in return? He would be King Shit of a bunch of lonely internet idiots who never show up to defend you when you get in trouble, who never attach their irl name to supporting you, who sit by and let the media trash you. And if they do try to defend you, they make you look like a fucking retard (ala Trump followers)

Yeah, it's not as rewarding as catering to actual consumers who will actually pay for his actual low-effort garbage. Vince McMahon did the exact same thing, and he's still a billionaire who just retired. Howard will follow suit soon enough.

TLDR: Working 3 days a week every other week at the most boring tame shit you can is more profitable than "giving 'em hell" for 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. The guy is almost in his 70s and he's made a career of being the enemy of the media. He saw what happened with Trump and he doesn't have the spine or the energy to be that guy anymore.

Why do you feel entitled to him being exactly what he was when you were a teenager?

G

I watched this when it originally came out. Really the only 'embarrassing' part of it is when he admits his numbers have tanked.

Other than that? He probably could have gone about it a better way, so he doesn't look like Evil Steve Jobs giving a demanding presentation. But you and the other fans acting like this is a major 'gotcha' are going overboard with the entitlement.

So the guy acknowledges there's less heat on his name, and he came up with a few (sloppy) ideas and told his people face to face rather than by memo. If you have a problem with this? It's a Chapo sentiment... whining that the boss is expecting his employees to actually work toward the growth of his lame show, and not just run around the hallways pulling pranks or slacking off (which has proven to do dick in terms of getting his name out there anymore)

What's so shocking about spamming celebrities under fake accounts so you can use their name for your own benefit? That's literally the most Howard thing I have ever heard. And you know what? He has a shitload of A-Listers on now so something worked. He has ALWAYS been this way. For fuck sake, he used to publicly humiliate his unpaid interns because they didn't prepare his baked potato or boiled water properly. I don't think having a corny powerpoint meeting with slightly unrealistic goals is worse than that. You just don't like it because it's not for your entertainment. No fucking shit. You were never meant to see it.

Howard Stern in 2022 is not going to function in a corporate setting doing the same exact thing he did in 2009, in 1999, or in 1989. And that coupled with his Semitism, is why he has had longevity.

Beyond that -- Do you really think he gives a flying fuck that retards online, edgelords, aged out blue collar boomers, and Gen X truckers think he's soft now? You ain't his target demographic anymore. Y'know who is? Young people and grown women with shitty taste... Because they will actually buy shit and not just pirate it. Howard is a salesman and his product has always been himself. You have zero entitlement to him tapdancing to your liking for the rest of both your lives.

Yes, it's sad that the only 'anti-mainstream' media powerhouse who was an "outsider" has flipped to the dark woke side. It's sad for the "What IF" scenario... What if he was the one who said "fuck this shit" and funneled all his money into keeping the torch of abrasive, crude comedy lit? He probably would have gotten away with it, but what would he get in return? He would be King Shit of a bunch of lonely internet idiots who never show up to defend you when you get in trouble, who never attach their irl name to supporting you, who sit by and let the media trash you. And if they do try to defend you, they make you look like a fucking retard (ala Trump followers)

Yeah, it's not as rewarding as catering to actual consumers who will actually pay for his actual low-effort garbage. Vince McMahon did the exact same thing, and he's still a billionaire who just retired. Howard will follow suit soon enough.

TLDR: Working 3 days a week every other week at the most boring tame shit you can is more profitable than "giving 'em hell" for 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. The guy is almost in his 70s and he's made a career of being the enemy of the media. He saw what happened with Trump and he doesn't have the spine or the energy to be that guy anymore.

Why do you feel entitled to him being exactly what he was when you were a teenager?
You didnt have to go and make me feel all bad and stupid

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

bonnie obsessed ❤️

He should just hang it up at this point. His legacy is ruined. At least Opie and Anthony didn’t ruin their legacy. I’m kidding but to disagree with you, he’d mock Imus for doing an uninspired show while being half a corpse and then went on to do the exact same thing. How greedy could he possibly be? He grossly underpays his staff by taking advantage of rabid fanboys like Sal, Richard, and Shuli. They did enough for the show that they shouldn’t need to make most of their living on the road. Just wrote another dog shit book full of milquetoast interviews as a blatant cash grab from his dwindling audience. To somewhat agree with you the only lady I know who listens to Stern is my mom’s friend so I get that his demo has changed but forcing the staff to make fake accounts tweeting at Lady Gaga is embarrassing for the self proclaimed king of all media.

1) Many terrestrial radio hosts predicted Howard would become a nobody after he moved to satellite.
Very few people were going to pay to listen to the radio. Being on the gay radio, every morning, was a huge part of the HHS's appeal. It was background noise while you were doing something else, not the kind of thing you deliberately sat down to listen to every day. No one cared that Howie would be able to say "fuck" on the air, absolutely no one was clamoring for that. And when given a choice between paying for Howie or forgetting about him, the majority of listeners just moved on.

He should just hang it up at this point. His legacy is ruined. At least Opie and Anthony didn’t ruin their legacy. I’m kidding but to disagree with you, he’d mock Imus for doing an uninspired show while being half a corpse and then went on to do the exact same thing. How greedy could he possibly be? He grossly underpays his staff by taking advantage of rabid fanboys like Sal, Richard, and Shuli. They did enough for the show that they shouldn’t need to make most of their living on the road. Just wrote another dog shit book full of milquetoast interviews as a blatant cash grab from his dwindling audience. To somewhat agree with you the only lady I know who listens to Stern is my mom’s friend so I get that his demo has changed but forcing the staff to make fake accounts tweeting at Lady Gaga is embarrassing for the self proclaimed king of all media.
Feh, he's doing too much

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I watched this about a year ago and oh boy do I have thoughts on it.

1) Many terrestrial radio hosts predicted Howard would become a nobody after he moved to satellite. I specifically remember Laura Ingraham asking rhetorically, "Without the FCC as a foil, how can Howard function? He needs an enemy." (Not an exact quote, paraphrased.) So over 10 years later, Howard is going to ask his staff help him breach the Sirius paywall and get celebrities aware of his existence without even admitting he may have made a mistake! This is NOT the way to get the underlings motivated. He complains about being behind a paywall without mentioning that he got signed to that paywall for HALF A BILLION dollars. (later reduced, no doubt) How much of that half bil do you think the staff saw in raises? With Howard? Zero. Admitting that he may have made a mistake would go a long way in motivating the help where one isn't willing to spend money to do so.

2) Howard offered his staff MORE WORK and ADDITIONAL BOSSES TO REPORT TO (to be named later because Howard didn't want to say it's a committee of one: Marci Turk) WITHOUT OFFERING A SINGLE CENT OF EXTRA COMPENSATION OR SECOND OF PTO. Wait, my job description just doubled in size? I'm responsible for unmeasurable shit like "buzz?" And I have new bosses to report to that you're going to name later? Why should I do all this shit? I'M NOT THE ASSHOLE THAT PUT THE SHOW BEHIND A PAYWALL.

Howard: Hey Scott DePace, you're a big Rush Limbaugh fan. I want you to try to get him on the show. (Scott could have no doubt repeated verbatim the nasty stuff Howard said about Limbaugh over the years.) Howard, just because you need Rush Limbaugh today doesn't mean he needs you back. You have to offer a get that size something in return. And Limbaugh just didn't need your audience the way you need his. SHUT UP, SIT DOWN.

3) So if the show goes away, I'm fired? Well, Howard the show isn't "going away." Your fucking agent might as well be Programming Director for Sirius. You are literally the only show that matters on this dogshit satellite network. You are the only one that gets paid real money. Your show could fail for 40 more years without getting cancelled. If that's all you can threaten, bitch boy, you're as toothless as you are hairless.

4) He outright calls his audience transphobic and homophobic (meaning rational) How is this good for ratings?

5) He complains that his logo (dated, even then) is nowhere to be seen in the studio or on the clothes of the employees. Count the slides on his dogshit Powerpoint presentation. You don't see the logo till slide 20 or so. Dumb nigger if the logo's so important put it on the cover slide.

At the time it leaked, the controversy was the fake Twitter accounts. The twitter accounts are by far the least embarassing thing about this presentation.
You forgot one of the most egregious things which is the whole “friend of the court” nonsense, specifically with Jon Stewart. Howie claims that they were “Advertising for these guys for years, now it’s their turn to advertise for us” Which is hilarious and telling. Before, the guests needed Howard. Now Howard needs the guests.

Also: “NO ONES TALKED ABOUT BOWIE MORE THAN ME. NO ONES TALKED ABOUT NEIL YOUNG MORE THAN ME.”

I literally haven't listened to a second of his show since years before he went to Sirius. For all I know he is exactly what he was when I was a teenager. Honestly you need to read this to yourself in a mirror. I was just shocked he's such a terrible boss and so damn incompetent.

You're telling other people not to be disappointed in Howard, yet we're just finding humor in his downfall because he ain't that important to us.

Your own post contains a faggot fantasy about Howard going anti-woke. Why are you scolding the forum for having your fantasy, lol.

DMAN

New York City
You're telling other people not to be disappointed in Howard

Nah, I'm explaining to you why you sound like a dim faggot who doesn't understand the obvious.... under the guise of "finding humor in his downfall." What downfall, exactly? He is still interviewing celebrities and making more money than you will ever see "at his worst."

Your own post contains a faggot fantasy about Howard going anti-woke.

It's a reference to what you and the others whine about not getting. Artie Lange described this fantasy of many boomers such as yourself. I didn't invent it, stupid. But I understand that you're having fun and I HATE that!

They did enough for the show that they shouldn’t need to make most of their living on the road.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. You want him to retire (for unclear reasons that don't affect you personally.) At the same time, you think he should support his loyal staff financially. So which is it? End the show and leave all those underpaid people without a job, or you can simply successfully avoid his show like most people on earth by not looking it up.

What does it matter if he contradicts something he said 10-20 years ago and keeps doing a terrible show unlike anything he did before? How does it change anything aside from ex fans saying they hate him, and new fans having zero clue who he really is ala Louis CK. It changes nothing. He might as well be retired, barely anybody knows he exists.

"Hollywood Howie" ain't my favorite and I haven't fucked with Stern regularly in years, but I will admit he did nothing wrong "selling out" like this. He's demonstrated he's a very good interviewer and this was well after he had drained the "dangerous" Howie shit dry.

We all sat there and watched what O&A devolved into by 2013. Howard may have acted like the worlds biggest faggot when announcing it, but the pivot was a smart move. You weren't going to squeeze funny staff drama or cutting edge nigger jokes from a 60 year old Howard. Let the old man have his celebrity friends, we all have watched what happens when these hasbeens think they're "still hilarious".

DMAN

New York City
"Hollywood Howie" ain't my favorite and I haven't fucked with Stern regularly in years, but I will admit he did nothing wrong "selling out" like this. He's demonstrated he's a very good interviewer and this was well after he had drained the "dangerous" Howie shit dry.

We all sat there and watched what O&A devolved into by 2013. Howard may have acted like the worlds biggest faggot when announcing it, but the pivot was a smart move. You weren't going to squeeze funny staff drama or cutting edge nigger jokes from a 60 year old Howard. Let the old man have his celebrity friends, we all have watched what happens when these hasbeens think they're "still hilarious".

Howard is a terrible interviewer. He has just successfully marketed himself as a good interviewer to the stars. And now he gets Rogan to repeat the line and the all take it at face value. He just uses typical therapist talking points on them and their minds are blown. Back in the day he used to get them coked up, Whatever it takes to get them yapping.

Nah, I'm explaining to you why you sound like a dim faggot who doesn't understand the obvious.... under the guise of "finding humor in his downfall." What downfall, exactly? He is still interviewing celebrities and making more money than you will ever see "at his worst."

It's a reference to what you and the others whine about not getting. Artie Lange described this fantasy of many boomers such as yourself. I didn't invent it, stupid. But I understand that you're having fun and I HATE that!

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. You want him to retire (for unclear reasons that don't affect you personally.) At the same time, you think he should support his loyal staff financially. So which is it? End the show and leave all those underpaid people without a job, or you can simply successfully avoid his show like most people on earth by not looking it up.

What does it matter if he contradicts something he said 10-20 years ago and keeps doing a terrible show unlike anything he did before? How does it change anything aside from ex fans saying they hate him, and new fans having zero clue who he really is ala Louis CK. It changes nothing. He might as well be retired, barely anybody knows he exists.
You just quoted 2 different people. Of course 2 different people are "talking out of both sides of [my, presumably] mouth.

DMAN

New York City
You just quoted 2 different people. Of course 2 different people are "talking out of both sides of [my, presumably] mouth.

I'm talking about the fact that he's saying he wants the show to end but he also wants Howard's staff to remain employed. Try to keep your eyes peeled as sometimes reading can be difficult when you have a cognitive disability.

Howard is a terrible interviewer. He has just successfully marketed himself as a good interviewer to the stars. And now he gets Rogan to repeat the line and the all take it at face value. He just uses typical therapist talking points on them and their minds are blown. Back in the day he used to get them coked up, Whatever it takes to get them yapping.
Howard gained a reputation as a "great interviewer" back in the day, due to the anarchic nature of the old HSS. On Howie's zany, "anything goes" show, he could just blurt out questions about cock size and anal sex freely, thereby catching celebrities off-guard, which sometimes led to entertaining moments. The idea that he's some sort of insightful, probing interviewer is total fiction. Howie is trying really hard to make that his legacy, as opposed to "raunchy foul-mouthed shock-jock", which is his actual one. But it'll fail, because when he retires or dies, "foul-mouthed shock-jock" will be in every single news story about it.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Very few people were going to pay to listen to the radio. Being on the gay radio, every morning, was a huge part of the HHS's appeal. It was background noise while you were doing something else, not the kind of thing you deliberately sat down to listen to every day.
The thing with radio is that it is a habitual medium. You tune in every day out of habit. You listen to O&A every single morning because they were always on for the morning drive. Same with Stern or any other show. Alarm clock. Coffee. O&A. Every day. Imagine your alarm clock goes off Thursday and Friday and you do not get coffee because the machine refuses to work those days. That is basically the Stern schedule and routine. This is why the UFC does an event every Saturday or HBO tries to release new content every Sunday.

Stern not being freely available on radio was already a huge loss in listeners. Probably like 95% of his audience did not follow to Sirius. But not being on the entire week and then taking summers off was like a death spiral for his cultural relevance. The fact is that O&A reruns from fan made compilations are probably more popular than live Stern today. And O&A reruns probably have always been more popular than Live from the Compound even at its peak during Anthony's first month running the network.
No one cared that Howie would be able to say "fuck" on the air, absolutely no one was clamoring for that. And when given a choice between paying for Howie or forgetting about him, the majority of listeners just moved on.
This is something that O&A talked about how when they first went to XM everyone cursed like crazy. And they played various uncensored clips of news and movies where people were cursing. Then the novelty wore off and they had to do real radio. And then the novelty of XM wore off and they tried to get back to FM radio for simulcasts.

The thing with radio is that it is a habitual medium. You tune in every day out of habit. You listen to O&A every single morning because they were always on for the morning drive. Same with Stern or any other show. Alarm clock. Coffee. O&A. Every day. Imagine your alarm clock goes off Thursday and Friday and you do not get coffee because the machine refuses to work those days. That is basically the Stern schedule and routine. This is why the UFC does an event every Saturday or HBO tries to release new content every Sunday.

Stern not being freely available on radio was already a huge loss in listeners. Probably like 95% of his audience did not follow to Sirius. But not being on the entire week and then taking summers off was like a death spiral for his cultural relevance. The fact is that O&A reruns from fan made compilations are probably more popular than live Stern today. And O&A reruns probably have always been more popular than Live from the Compound even at its peak during Anthony's first month running the network.

This is something that O&A talked about how when they first went to XM everyone cursed like crazy. And they played various uncensored clips of news and movies where people were cursing. Then the novelty wore off and they had to do real radio. And then the novelty of XM wore off and they tried to get back to FM radio for simulcasts.
And it was free. Stern wasn't "appointment" radio, you listened to it because it was on, at a time when you weren't doing anything better anyhow. Obviously a few superfans followed him to Sirius, but by and large, people just weren't going to pay for Stern or radio in general. It was a dumb technology introduced at the worst possible time. By the end of the 00s no one was listening to fucking radio anymore, satellite or otherwise.

The whole "uncensored" thing didn't matter either, as by then the era of "wild" bawdy shock-jock antics was already over. Part of Howard's old appeal was seeing how far he could push the envelope, but without an envelope to push, it just seemed stupid.