The boys are back in town.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
If I could speak crow I could swear these fuckers were crowing to me about the storm. There were a few missing, but they can be anywhere foraging for food. Craig didn't take from my hand, hopefully the storm didn't fuck him up or something but he still took peanuts from the floor.

I'm bringing them some steak gristle tomorrow or Sunday since I'm grilling a steak tonight so they're gonna be fucking stoked soon.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Ive noticed around me that they will drop snails on the street from the light poles and let the cars run them over to break them and snap them up for grub. Might be another tasty treat you could give them that wont cost you anything.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Have you tried to gift them something shiny? They love that stuff and will probably bring you shiny things too.
I've had one of them already give me aluminum foil at one point. He left it near my backpack and even buried it inside it a little. I'm definitely a part of their little social circle, but not fully trusted yet. Once one of them decides to land on my leg I'll be one of them.

Ive noticed around me that they will drop snails on the street from the light poles and let the cars run them over to break them and snap them up for grub. Might be another tasty treat you could give them that wont cost you anything.
They do that with some nuts too. Masters of using their environment to thier advantage.

Crows watch our every move from a distance and learn how to adapt to some of our behaviors. They're incredible animals. Hilariously smart.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
I've had one of them already give me aluminum foil at one point. He left it near my backpack and even buried it inside it a little. I'm definitely a part of their little social circle, but not fully trusted yet. Once one of them decides to land on my leg I'll be one of them.

They do that with some nuts too. Masters of using their environment to thier advantage.

Crows watch our every move from a distance and learn how to adapt to some of our behaviors. They're incredible animals. Hilariously smart.
If you befriend them they might even teach their young that you are a friend. Magpies do that in Australia.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
If you befriend them they might even teach their young that you are a friend. Magpies do that in Australia.
Yup. That's why I'm convinced that Craig is a 2nd generation crow that I've fed. The way he approaches me seems like he got some Intel from a parent, but takes it to the extreme by actually taking food from my hand as the others go crazy crowing at him. They probably think he's fucking nuts.

Stent

IS DAT TUNDER, BYYY??
Yup. That's why I'm convinced that Craig is a 2nd generation crow that I've fed. The way he approaches me seems like he got some Intel from a parent, but takes it to the extreme by actually taking food from my hand as the others go crazy crowing at him. They probably think he's fucking nuts.
Craig might be the alpha or something. Maybe he doesn't let the others touch you because he sees you as "his".

Fawkin' bird tawk weekend. :brothaman_sm:

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Craig might be the alpha or something. Maybe he doesn't let the others touch you because he sees you as "his".

Fawkin' bird tawk weekend. :brothaman_sm:
It's possible he's like Simba and the future head of the group. He's young compared to the others. He had pink around his beak fairly recently which is the signs of a juvenile. Even when he's not taking a food from my hand he's always closer than the others. They always keep a good 6 feet away from me but Craig is sometimes less than a foot away from me foraging in the grass and shit. He even makes subtle noises that aren't loud enough for the others to hear, but loud enough for me to hear. He definitely thinks I'm a weird looking crow.

Stent

IS DAT TUNDER, BYYY??
It's possible he's like Simba and the future head of the group. He's young compared to the others. He had pink around his beak fairly recently which is the signs of a juvenile. Even when he's not taking a food from my hand he's always closer than the others. They always keep a good 6 feet away from me but Craig is sometimes less than a foot away from me foraging in the grass and shit. He even makes subtle noises that aren't loud enough for the others to hear, but loud enough for me to hear. He definitely thinks I'm a weird looking crow.
How Craig sees you:

brandonlee.thecrow.2-900x900.jpeg