• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Somebody’s DRUNK

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
There's a bunch that get appointed through favoritism and diversity policies but thankfully they're usually limited to modern history and the cultural realm at that. You need some actual skills to do any worthwhile research of premodern history or more technical matters, and these types tend to lack them and aren't interested in those subjects much anyway. They're busy combing through 19th century work songs for signs of a gay black community or whatever while the actual researchers are left to do their own thing.
Fair enough and I agree, but as someone who may or may not be in that field (don’t look up medieval historians in Wisconsin, child), there’s some insane shit going in premodern historical research.

However, I think you’re right. Those types tend to go into “Medievalism”, which is pretty much an academic way of saying “I suck at learning the required languages for actual historical research into the Middle Ages.”

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Fair enough and I agree, but as someone who may or may not be in that field (don’t look up medieval historians in Wisconsin, child), there’s some insane shit going in premodern historical research.
I don't doubt it, a lot of the silliness does seem to come primarily from American faculties. I did a search on a catalog for "medieval" and "from: University of California" to have a loff and it was a list of the most woke garbage you could imagine. Tertiary 'research' about complete nonsense, a lot of them felt like parodies.

However, I think you’re right. Those types tend to go into “Medievalism”, which is pretty much an academic way of saying “I suck at learning the required languages for actual historical research into the Middle Ages.”
Yeah, and they're definitely not respected by the guys and gals who do the heavy lifting. It's not like you need to be fluent in Medieval Latin if there's a sizeable body of vernacular literature to work with, but if you can't even transcribe that stuff then I'm not sure why the fuck you're even in the field to begin with, let alone try to provide 'critical' new insights. It's a joke and everyone but them knows it.

Torque’sHeadBump

Forum Clout
I don't doubt it, a lot of the silliness does seem to come primarily from American faculties. I did a search on a catalog for "medieval" and "from: University of California" to have a loff and it was a list of the most woke garbage you could imagine. Tertiary 'research' about complete nonsense, a lot of them felt like parodies.

Yeah, and they're definitely not respected by the guys and gals who do the heavy lifting. It's not like you need to be fluent in Medieval Latin if there's a sizeable body of vernacular literature to work with, but if you can't even transcribe that stuff then I'm not sure why the fuck you're even in the field to begin with, let alone try to provide 'critical' new insights. It's a joke and everyone but them knows it.
Yeah, it is primarily American academics. They’re like the bro joes of the field lol

ChimpanZ

Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Pops, Trix, Cocoa Pebbles
Forum Clout

Are you @AnOminous? That's what I've been told but I try to be nice to kiwis. Someone else said you were @Sexy Senior Citizen but again, no hard proof.

What's the joke behind Terry? Is it Terry Clifford? Can you tell me who Terry Clifford is, kiwi?
Can you tell us what oldb0yz is referencing?

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Yeah, it is primarily American academics. They’re like the bro joes of the field lol
I never want to go "hurr durr Americans dumb, can't do X" because I think it's trite, gay and usually incorrect, but I can't help but think you guys are dealt a shit hand when it comes to this kind of stuff. Trying to do premodern historical research in an overwhelmingly monolingual country, with all the premodern primary sources located on another fucking continent can't be easy. It's like trying to become a marine biologist in a landlocked country with no aquariums.

Forum Clout
here's your top given .... quid pro quo..

rib_getterreaction_typecount_
IGotATreeOnMyHouse85ribs532
TorqueWheelerribs410
captain_kamalaribs392
Slackjawed Cowribs385
Meownawribs361
DanMullen'sRetardedNephewribs263
SpaceEdgeribs260
Sink Inspectorribs238
Harry Powellribs224
Patreekyribs223
adminribs203
RobertMewlerribs195
NoBaconribs183
Sue Lightningribs166
Duxbury Daveribs158
Honey Badgerribs144
chocolatehellholeribs140
HH Brotherribs133
McGowan6ribs127
Salted Earth Truffleribs124

@Meownaw

Slackjawed Cowribs5123
IGotATreeOnMyHouse85ribs3849
Stentribs3280
Patreekyribs3077
Lucyferribs2957
Maxheinie's Old Stinkersribs2598
HotDogJoeribs2330
DanMullen'sRetardedNephewribs2282
Gay Faggot.ribs2076
Sue Lightningribs1942
Dummy Gaynutsribs1914
BonnieMcFarlaneMe2ribs1911
Cupheadribs1876
TorqueWheelerribs1865
Harry Powellribs1862
TheGhostOfAbeVigodaribs1846
RobertMewlerribs1836
Lamont & Tonelliribs1830
Brooke Shieldsribs1780
McGowan6ribs1779

This is just going to be a list of the people with the most posts though essentially. I'd need a way to weight (heh...) these vs the number of posts they have. I suck at stats though. There's a few ways to slice the data. It could be something like percentage of the rib giver's total ribs. The inverse also makes sense. A percentage of all ribs received were from X user.

Another way could be as a function of their total posts as I mentioned. This seems to intuitively be right, but as I said I'm bad at stats.

this post is brought to you by autismtm
Eat my ass @Jenna

@Meownaw is now my best friend.

Torque’sHeadBump

Forum Clout
I never want to go "hurr durr Americans dumb, can't do X" because I think it's trite, gay and usually incorrect, but I can't help but think you guys are dealt a shit hand when it comes to this kind of stuff. Trying to do premodern historical research in an overwhelmingly monolingual country, with all the premodern primary sources located on another fucking continent can't be easy. It's like trying to become a marine biologist in a landlocked country with no aquariums.
There’s some very talented ones who do it, but they’re a minority. Lots of the sources were edited and published by legit scholars back in the 19th century, so it’s not even an issue of accessibility anymore. It’s just laziness when it comes to actually engaging with the material. There are some faggots who legit “don’t believe in citing 19th century historians because they were nationalists.” Imagine being a “medieval historian” and making it a point to avoid 19th century scholarship / source editions. That pretty much removes the entire Monumenta Germaniae Historica…

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
There’s some very talented ones who do it, but they’re a minority. Lots of the sources were edited and published by legit scholars back in the 19th century, so it’s not even an issue of accessibility anymore. It’s just laziness when it comes to actually engaging with the material. There are some faggots who legit “don’t believe in citing 19th century historians because they were nationalists.” Imagine being a “medieval historian” and making it a point to avoid 19th century scholarship / source editions. That pretty much removes the entire Monumenta Germaniae Historica…
That's hilariously stupid. Literally "If Carl Benz was a racist, would you stop driving cars?" level.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout

Fawkin’ hilarious
Jesus.

That reminds me of a dumbass NG article I skimmed recently. "No, child, Medieval Europe was a racially diverse place. Archeologists unearthed 44 graves in a plot in London and discovered that two individuals had some African ancestry."

Sooo... 4% of the inhabitants of a major trading port were Cumias? In a time where 80+% of the population lived rurally? So extrapolating those numbahs, you're looking at a real "mixed race" population of maybe 0,8% of the total.

By these standards, Japan is a multiracial paradise. Or North Korea for that matter, they must have some honkies locked away somewhere.

Torque’sHeadBump

Forum Clout
Sooo... 4% of the inhabitants of a major trading port were Cumias?
Visual evidence confirms it!
1692304687050.jpeg

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Or that shit with Cambridge saying that the Anglo-Saxons didn't exist, because white supremacists think otherwise.
I think some lunatic student there even tried to get a lecturer fired because he was giving courses on the Anglo-Saxon and Viking history and that in itself was promoting white nationalism somehow. I don't think that went anywhere, thankfully.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Forum Clout
here's your top given .... quid pro quo..

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85ribs532
TorqueWheelerribs410
captain_kamalaribs392
Slackjawed Cowribs385
Meownawribs361
DanMullen'sRetardedNephewribs263
SpaceEdgeribs260
Sink Inspectorribs238
Harry Powellribs224
Patreekyribs223
adminribs203
RobertMewlerribs195
NoBaconribs183
Sue Lightningribs166
Duxbury Daveribs158
Honey Badgerribs144
chocolatehellholeribs140
HH Brotherribs133
McGowan6ribs127
Salted Earth Truffleribs124

@Meownaw

Slackjawed Cowribs5123
IGotATreeOnMyHouse85ribs3849
Stentribs3280
Patreekyribs3077
Lucyferribs2957
Maxheinie's Old Stinkersribs2598
HotDogJoeribs2330
DanMullen'sRetardedNephewribs2282
Gay Faggot.ribs2076
Sue Lightningribs1942
Dummy Gaynutsribs1914
BonnieMcFarlaneMe2ribs1911
Cupheadribs1876
TorqueWheelerribs1865
Harry Powellribs1862
TheGhostOfAbeVigodaribs1846
RobertMewlerribs1836
Lamont & Tonelliribs1830
Brooke Shieldsribs1780
McGowan6ribs1779

This is just going to be a list of the people with the most posts though essentially. I'd need a way to weight (heh...) these vs the number of posts they have. I suck at stats though. There's a few ways to slice the data. It could be something like percentage of the rib giver's total ribs. The inverse also makes sense. A percentage of all ribs received were from X user.

Another way could be as a function of their total posts as I mentioned. This seems to intuitively be right, but as I said I'm bad at stats.

this post is brought to you by autismtm
IMG_5632.jpeg

Hmm… enhance

IMG_5632.jpeg

IMG_5632.jpeg