• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Robinson et al v. City of Milwaukee et al

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Forum Clout
Welcome to a real courtroom, Pat.

This is a standard update from the judge telling both parties not to waste his time. Only one of them seems like they might.

Motions to extend are always considered but rarely granted.

Oh so you mean you don't just give someone like brinton resto 6 months arbitrarily to fuck around? imagine that. I may be biased but seems like federal judges actually give a shit?

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout

This is a standard update from the judge telling both parties not to waste his time. Only one of them seems like they might.
lmao, I really hope Pat's lawyers have a clue here because if they're anywhere near as incompetent as Breasto, this case is getting dismissed. Both sides need to confer within two weeks, and only after that conference can the city dismiss it. It'll be interesting to see if Pat's idiotic lawyers even work out a date to confer or if they blow the deadline and have the case dismissed as a result. This judge isn't screwing around and cites his own years of experience as a reason to get this thing moving. He's not wasting taxpayer money stringing this out.

Forum Clout

In federal court the judge pushes very hard for a settlement (or conclusion). Civil litigation generally does not go to trial because judges force litigants to confer each step of way and twists their arms to settle disputes in federal court. They don't want a civil trial filling their docket.

I might be talking out my ass, but you can ask Gibney. His dad's been doing it for years.

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Forum Clout
In federal court the judge pushes very hard for a settlement (or conclusion). Civil litigation generally does not go to trial because judges force litigants to confer each step of way and twists their arms to settle disputes in federal court. They don't want a civil trial filling their docket.

I might be talking out my ass, but you can ask Gibney. His dad's been doing it for years.

I mean i wouldn't know, but logically from a pure numbers perspective it has to be that way. If your jurisdiction involves 10x the size, then you're going to have to be much more strict and efficient.

G

Judge JP Stadtmueller is a damn fine writer, check out this quote from page 5:

Regrettably, all too often in today’s world, pleadings and
associated discovery have been relegated to little more than obfuscation masquerading as a stream of consciousness.

Zero shenanigans are going to be allowed in his courtroom, which is great news for the City of Milwaukee and Sergeant Evans. There is also a LOT of homework being assigned here, due quite shortly as well.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Forum Clout
Hopefully if it comes to settlement it’ll be some paltry, 5-figure sum - a chunk of the which is owed to his representation, a chunk of which towards his previous legal debts, and the rest may as well be lit on fire.

Still a W, I guess?
IMG_5275.png

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
Hopefully if it comes to settlement it’ll be some paltry, 5-figure sum - a chunk of the which is owed to his representation, a chunk of which towards his previous legal debts, and the rest may as well be lit on fire.

Still a W, I guess?
I originally thought it was going to be a mid-five figure sum, but the more I think about it, I think it'll be $10,000 or less. Or at least that's what I think they'll offer. It's a small amount, but it shows the judge they're trying to move this thing along. Maybe with a stipulation that the police department did nothing wrong. Of course, Pat will reject this and piss off the judge and keep pressing for a trial. That is, if his representation responds at all.

Pat's case has very little merit, but it probably costs more to the city to keep litigating this thing than to offer a small amount of money to just make it disappear. Hope I'm wrong and it goes to trial somehow.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
I originally thought it was going to be a mid-five figure sum, but the more I think about it, I think it'll be $10,000 or less. Or at least that's what I think they'll offer. It's a small amount, but it shows the judge they're trying to move this thing along. Maybe with a stipulation that the police department did nothing wrong. Of course, Pat will reject this and piss off the judge and keep pressing for a trial. That is, if his representation responds at all.

Pat's case has very little merit, but it probably costs more to the city to keep litigating this thing than to offer a small amount of money to just make it disappear. Hope I'm wrong and it goes to trial somehow.
And hopefully Lyndon never forgets and never forgives.

FranksWirecutters

Glow nigger. Got any of those IPs for me?
Forum Clout

I don't see why they'd offer anything and also start sending code enforcement to his place constantly instead. I'd bombard the neighborhood with code violations and wink wink that someone at 2611 might have called them all in, if I was the City.

Lard Glug

Lard Glug contains neither lard nor glug.
Forum Clout
You people who think the City won’t fight tooth and nail on this and will try to settle are insane (sorry Fez).

City Attorneys live for this kind of shit. When their usual job entails proof reading contracts and other paper pushing nonsense, they love fighting to keep the city from having a precedent set to have to pay out anything.

FranksWirecutters

Glow nigger. Got any of those IPs for me?
Forum Clout
You people who think the City won’t fight tooth and nail on this and will try to settle are insane (sorry Fez).

City Attorneys live for this kind of shit. When their usual job entails proof reading contracts and other paper pushing nonsense, they love fighting to keep the city from having a precedent set to have to pay out anything.
That's what I'm saying. There's no reason to settle. He just pissed them off and they'll rezone his lot to heavy industrial and expropriate for pennies. What city isn't corrupt at this point?

Edit. I can't see them going into this with a I'm so sorry Mr. Robinson, here's 20 million dollars.

Forum Clout

Oh, I want him to all or nothing. Just trying to find the bright side if they just swat(t) him off like a mosquito.

Then again, there are all bright sides, no matter the outcome. It’s Pat. As long as he stays Pat, he’ll find some may to make it hilarious.

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout

I mean, I hope you're right but cities run on a budget. Throwing $5,000-$10,000 to settle a case involving officers showing up multiple times to one residence vs. spending a lot of time and money on a protracted case where they are not guaranteed to win (you never know what a jury is going to conclude), which would put a giant stain on the city and the police department, is a no-brainer.

The judge here is even ordering them to come together to try to reach a settlement. imo, the smart thing for the city is to offer a small settlement with an admission that the police were not at fault and end it. Even considering how retarded Pat's case is.