People who work in restraunts are faggots

chocolatehellhole

Please report all Boq extreme posts, stay vigilant
I'm a strong guy and I don't trust that I wouldn't trip on my own feet and accidentally dump a tray full of hot soup on a baby or something
When I was a kid in HS, my first jobs were in restaurants. I watched a fresh off the boat Ecuadorian drop a bowl of chili onto a baby. I'm not sure how he wasn't deported or at least fired for that incident.

bantadant

Fantastic Man
I think mostly about waitresses. Tiny chicks carrying huge trays full of food and drinks. I'm a strong guy and I don't trust that I wouldn't trip on my own feet and accidentally dump a tray full of hot soup on a baby or something. I also just don't have the kiss-ass gene you need to do a job like that well. If someone's an asshole to me I'm gonna give it back to them.
Fair point. I guess I was talking more about the kitchen crew. God forbid you don't address the "chef" properly while he's microwaving soup at Applebees

My first job was at a restaurant in London. The head honcho was desperate to make it Michelin starred, so he drilled us to oblivion.
The chef was a former understudy of Gordon Ramsay so I expected staff food to be top notch. It was grilled cheese on bread. 2 bits of it.
Some days I couldn't adequately cover the growl my stomach was making during shifts, to the dismay of the clients and the embarrassment of the second in command. So I began to either eat the leftovers midway from the restaurant to the kitchen or eating ice.
Tips were never a problem because they were "shared", meaning they got put in a big jar. Not supervised by the staff of course.
I remember people quitting regularly, including the black washer who almost got into a fistfight with the chef. He used to be lippy all the time but got quiet when the black dude raised his voice.
3 weeks in, after gruelling days of works, I started inconspicuously counting my hours to figure out how much I would get paid. 140 hours. Fair chunk of change I thought.
Head honcho calls me in one afternoon. Asks me how much I mean to get paid. Puzzled, I say like the others. He says he thought I was a trainee and he devised a compensation of 300 pounds ought to do it. I was speechless. It barely covered the cost of the train I had to get every day to get to work.
I try to reason with him, telling him he's got to account for economical hardship, plus the fact that trainees ought to be trained, not worked. He calls me a bullshiter and rags on the poor quality of my work, despite calling me up almost everyday to work.
Eventually, I left the same day and got paid 700ish pounds. Never saw any of the tips.
Great way to start one's professional life methinks !
The two good things I got out was the "déniaisement" (deflowering) of my vision of the workplace and my love for Italian women (one of the waitresses was a pint sized, big breasted, curly and fair headed Italian minx who pronounced everything with an exaggerated R).

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
I did it for twenty years with some of that in a big city. It takes very little effort to get your foot in the door but quite a bit to get to a level where you’re making $80,000+. Once we had kids I quit outright, took a pay cut, and work a 9-5 with great benefits.

It’s a fun lifestyle if you have no responsibility but almost everyone I worked with was always broke. $600 in tips working a Saturday night? Broke by next Saturday and almost all of them didn’t save shit or planned for retirement. The real idiots were the ones that had the same issue I had with family so they “promoted” into management. Which basically means living at a restaurant and working for busboy hourly pay.

Once you start making real money it’s one of the hardest jobs to get out of. Unless you’re concurrently going to school or transition with success to insurance or realestate, you’re always going to be taking a big pay cut to move to anything else. I was routinely making $20-$30 more per hour than my wife who has an in demand degree but you’re also working at max 30 hours per week.

I wouldn’t recommend it unless you don’t want a family and you live near a big city. Easiest way to get pussy as a man.

Voscabulary

and now it's all over
A group that takes themselves way too fucking seriously. I do not like hearing, “everyone should be required to be in the service industry for at least a year.” Try roofing or even landscaping. At least they tend to acknowledge the whole “Canadian” thing.
my last job had me working 12-hour shifts on nights as a welder in a warehouse with no air con, but boy am I sure glad I didn't have to deliver somebody's plate to them.