• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Opie dropping hammers on Primate Sam Roberts, little cunt tried to get Jim Norton fired

ISO__JOE

Forum Clout
Jim and Sam work for peanuts and Sirius is seriously hurting for subscribers and exclusive content

Go look at the Sirius website. You really have to dig to find an acknowledgment that Jim and Sam exist. Yet on the front page they have Sebastian Manescalco, Kevin Hart, Howard, etc.

Whaaa happun? Do Kevin Hart and Sebastian even have radio shows? Fuck if I know, but it’s clear nobody over there gives a shit about Jim and Sam.

Racist Google Intern

Please watch the Itchy and Scratchy Friends Hour!
Forum Clout
Opie is an embarrassment.

"He's not gonna have THIS anytime soon...."

All of these little cunts have no idea what it means to be on the same team. Every one is a selfish prick out for themselves. This idiot thinks all HIS hard work got him where he is, without ever acknowledging his air-partners or staff over decades.

I sure hope I do run into the Opster during my travels.
Ribs, the idea Dovid thinks he is intimidating is too funny.
1. webp strikes again... 2. The DMAN literally thought Danny was scrunching up his legs and arms to look as tiny as possible to be that 'YOU'RE FLAT!!!' guy who walked Bob Dylan up on stage. He was supposed to be SLINGBLADE? Lmao, all these years The DMAN thought he was meant to be that midget.... WOW...
Glad I wasn't alone on this one

Last edited:

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Opetster - Was the "boss" who dealt with management, did the majority of the show prep (Acknowledgement of the show staff here also), was pertinent on "steering the ship" show wise and regularly worked towards larger contracts whilst Nana and Jimmy were happy to accept the same deal over and over.

When you say "dealt with management" in reality this means the bosses wanted to talk for 5 mins after the show.

When you say "majority of the show prep" that's just categorically false. Aside from mentioning what he saw on Oprah or The View the day before, Opie offered nothing as far as legitimate show prep. He would show up at 5:30, skim USA Today and take a shit. You wanna call that show prep? Fine. Don't believe me? There are plenty of people you can ask. Call Jim & Sam. Don't even go on air, just ask for Travis and ask him what kind of show prep Opie did in the mornings. Go do it.

When you say "Steering the ship" this MOSTLY meant to Opie "I can't hang in this conversation. I don't have anything to add and I have nothing funny to say so I'm going to try and veer this conversation into something I want/can talk about."

When you say "regularly worked toward larger contracts", where is this coming from? Some of you don't understand that your opinion isn't actually factual. Opie wanted to take 1 year deals because he thought he was better than SXM and wanted to be able to negotiate away. Anthony, Jim and literally everyone else wanted to take long term, multi-year deals as we knew there was no place else to go.

So, for all your "pro-Opie" arguments here, please remember that me, I, knew this man and worked with him everyday for almost a decade. So if you have an opinion about the above items that differ from what is contained in this post, you're a delusional liar who truly believes that they were physically there, in the room, witness to events from 13 years ago. THAT is looney bin shit.

Ribs, the idea Dovid thinks he is intimidating is too funny.

Every single time I met a fan, they said "Hey Danny! Can I get a picture??" You're trying to tell me that from 2004 through 2012 from all the show/bar events, comedy dates, walkovers, etc, that not one single person in 9 years had the balls to even SAY anything to me? That's actually embarassing, considering all the shit that gets talked here. Not one of you decked me? Not ONE of you tried to knock me out? Ya kiddin'.......

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
When you say "dealt with management" in reality this means the bosses wanted to talk for 5 mins after the show.

When you say "majority of the show prep" that's just categorically false. Aside from mentioning what he saw on Oprah or The View the day before, Opie offered nothing as far as legitimate show prep. He would show up at 5:30, skim USA Today and take a shit. You wanna call that show prep? Fine. Don't believe me? There are plenty of people you can ask. Call Jim & Sam. Don't even go on air, just ask for Travis and ask him what kind of show prep Opie did in the mornings. Go do it.

When you say "Steering the ship" this MOSTLY meant to Opie "I can't hang in this conversation. I don't have anything to add and I have nothing funny to say so I'm going to try and veer this conversation into something I want/can talk about."

When you say "regularly worked toward larger contracts", where is this coming from? Some of you don't understand that your opinion isn't actually factual. Opie wanted to take 1 year deals because he thought he was better than SXM and wanted to be able to negotiate away. Anthony, Jim and literally everyone else wanted to take long term, multi-year deals as we knew there was no place else to go.

So, for all your "pro-Opie" arguments here, please remember that me, I, knew this man and worked with him everyday for almost a decade. So if you have an opinion about the above items that differ from what is contained in this post, you're a delusional liar who truly believes that they were physically there, in the room, witness to events from 13 years ago. THAT is looney bin shit.

Every single time I met a fan, they said "Hey Danny! Can I get a picture??" You're trying to tell me that from 2004 through 2012 from all the show/bar events, comedy dates, walkovers, etc, that not one single person in 9 years had the balls to even SAY anything to me? That's actually embarassing, considering all the shit that gets talked here. Not one of you decked me? Not ONE of you tried to knock me out? Ya kiddin'.......

It's amazing how even someone WHO WORKED THERE just parrots Opie Hater Zombie talking points.

Auntie really did a number on your psyche.

Kurt_Love

Forum Clout

Remember when you acted tough, saying a blind fat kid was so lucky you couldn't fight him at work? But separately said it was a sign of lack of intelligence to want to fight people when Intern Matt was about to beat you up?

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
They ment devito.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Remember when you acted tough, saying a blind fat kid was so lucky you couldn't fight him at work? But separately said it was a sign of lack of intelligence to want to fight people when Intern Matt was about to beat you up?

No, actually I don't remember every last little moment of every day I lived. You do though. So, I'll ask you. Do YOU remember the days that were so unimportant to me that I don't?

Yes, you sure do, don't you. So as you concoct your next sick burn, remember that the shit fresh in your head is shit I mindlessly discarded a dozen or so years ago.

Last edited:
Forum Clout

I prefaced my post by telling you I was being respectful as possible and your reply is still so hostile and passive aggressive. Not everyone here is out to get you, my man.

In regards to your questions, of course you're a first hand source but here are my "receipts" on it.

- Perhaps I am wrong but I THINK it has been mentioned on air (Or perhaps afterwards) that Opie was the guy coming in earliest, being a pro and doing the show prep. I do believe you in that the staff probably did 90% of this as most popular radio shows obviously have a bigger staff eliminating the hosts need to do this but for the most part the story has been told that it was Opie coming in early and going through what would be on the show that day (And I guess reading the paper whilst shitting) whilst Cumia and Norton turned up 5 minutes before the show or late.

- The steering of the ship was obvious to listeners of the show I think, at least it was for me. If a topic was starting to get boring Opie would move it on and that wasn't really happening during the NoOpie episodes. Of course there were times when Opie moved a topic on when it was still interesting and amusing but for the most part he was pretty good at knowing when a topic had run its course and moving things along.

- The larger contracts thing comes from your old colleagues for the most part. I believe Anthony plus both Jim & Sam have discussed how Opie would stall negotiations in a attempt to get more money. Anthony (And probably Jim/Sam also) have said what you're saying about the multi year deals but who knows how much extra money Opie managed to get himself, Anthony and probably Jimmy over the years with this tactic? You'd have more insight than me on this but surely it resulted in at least sporadic payrises.

---

For the most part I appreciate what you're saying about Opie, I don't know the guy and he doesn't know me whilst you did indeed know him for a long time. From the outside looking in though it seemed he took on the role of "boss" when he didn't really want to (Or so he says). On air, which is how I can judge him best I find him for the most part entertaining and very good at what he does (did?). Sure, he was cringe at times but so were all of you.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
I prefaced my post by telling you I was being respectful as possible and your reply is still so hostile and passive aggressive.

It's really not, you're just overly sensitive. How can most of you say such vile, harsh things and then get feelings hurt like a fucking girl over a post. NOW I'm being hostile and passive aggressive. You're a little fucking girl, dude.

Opie was the guy coming in earliest, being a pro and doing the show prep.

Did you read what the fuck I just wrote? He came in at 5:30, read USA TODAY and took a dump. What part of this do you not understand. The USA Today part? Or the taking a shit part? There's only two parts.

The steering of the ship

Go listen to "Anti-Semetic Fonzie" and see how many time Opies tries to go somewhere else cuz he's an unfunny fuck who had nothing to add.

Stop sucking this guys dick already. It's fucking embarrassing.

From the outside looking in though it seemed he took on the role of "boss"

He was the boss, in the sense that if you criticized him in any way, said anything negative about him you were fired. Hence Greggshells you big fucking dope you. Of course he's "the boss" when he's gonna run to management and demand your firing. Little bitch.

Last edited:

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Sir, you're making a scene...

I bet! What's next? "Danny is off his meds again?" Or some similar weak ass shit talk.

Please tell me again how Opie was the first one in and did all the show prep. That shit has me rolling like his gay ass coming to work on fruit boots.

Every time he pulled that shit he reminded me of Rosie Perez from White Men Can't Jump.

White Men Can't Jump - Publicity still of Rosie Perez

Lookin' good, Opster! lol

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
The larger contracts thing comes from your old colleagues for the most part. I believe Anthony plus both Jim & Sam have discussed how Opie would stall negotiations in a attempt to get more money.
It wasn't always about money. It was also about clauses for what would happen if they got fired. Opie was the one who got them the clause at WNEW where if they got fired or suspended it would be with pay as long as there were no legal technicalities. So when Sex for Sam 3 happened he had lawyers fighting to make sure that he and Anthony didn't get arrested because it would invalidate their contracts. And why they had to ban a few of the participants from the show for a while even when they got to XM.

You think Anthony kept his remaining Sirius pay when he got fired for 'scaffolding' night?

There were also some clauses in their contract about Stern like they were not allowed to play audio from his channel. Opie once played audio that Stern had posted to YouTube and it caused a major problem behind the scenes. He got away with it because the audio was technically not taken from a Sirius broadcast. But when they were fired from WNEW and wanted out of their contracts one of the conditions was a no disparagement clause towards both CBS and Stern that would be permanent.

Remember that O&A had never really had a company that supported them. WAAF and WNEW hated them despite #1 ratings across the board. They were suspended by XM and threatened to be fired in their first contract. Sirius were all Stern people who hated them. Their FM simulcast came to a disastrous end despite them having strong ratings including being number one in some markets. Fareed scammed them out of $100,000 each and more in fraudulent contracts and promises.
From the outside looking in though it seemed he took on the role of "boss" when he didn't really want to (Or so he says).
Opie was hired to be a host. Not run the back office. Not run the company. But every company that the went to had the bosses or other jocks constantly fuck with them and try to get them fired. Dave Herman was literally illegally recording them and trying to wiretap them and harass them with private investigators. And no one from management protected O&A (maybe they were filed sharing with Dave?). Stern would make calls to CBS bosses to check up on O&A every week like a complete faggot.

Opie had no choice. Look out for himself and the staff AND host the show. Because without his 'boss' style management would have split the show up or just fired them eventually.