NEW NANA STANDUP VID

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
rr.png

G

How can someone who is so good at riffing off the top of his head on the radio (yes because I'm giving credit where it's due) be so horrific at prepared stand-up? This is Jim Norton, Amy Schumer level bad.

And this is coming from a guy who openly admits that I enjoyed Dane Cook back in the day.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
How can someone who is so good at riffing off the top of his head on the radio (yes because I'm giving credit where it's due) be so horrific at prepared stand-up?
Because he and Norton often had prepared lines for the show. They stole lines from Paltalk/Instant Feedback often. They would only comment on the same subjects or use the same jokes and references over and over again. Like Norton wishing a drunk driving death or AIDS on someone for the hundredth time. They would bomb often as well but it worked because you had a room full of guys to steer the ship or keep things going. This is Anthony on his own with no one to help him.

On the radio you can let the room fill in the gaps between your own jokes or your own bombs. Like someone brings up "The Shining" and you throw out a joke or reference, someone else does another joke, another person throws out a joke, then it is back to you. The momentum is always there until someone crashes then Opie or Anthony would announce "bit over". On stage you are alone no matter what. You need to chain joke into joke over and over. And chaining bomb into bomb with no one to bail you out can happen as well.
This is Jim Norton, Amy Schumer level bad.
Nah this is worse. Because even mediocre standups like Mencia or Schumer could at least speak publicly without mumbling or stuttering. Anthony literally has zero confidence on microphone. I would guess it is because of alcohol abuse long term taking its toll. He just doesn't have the energy anymore to function. Every other word in this set is him either mumbling or just muttering "fuck" or "shit" under his breath. It is embarrassing.
And this is coming from a guy who openly admits that I enjoyed Dane Cook back in the day.
Even though Dane sucked he was charismatic for young people. Just steal a joke about something, change a little bit of the words or the scenario, then yell like a faggot the entire time. And you get Dane Cook's entire act. His act would not work if he did it like Anthony does standup.

Louis CK. "So I saw something I always wanted to see.....someone get hit by a car.....I even tried to warn him but like an idiot I just yelled out 'Ah! Bad thing!' and the guy got hit anyways. So I felt like a total idiot afterwards".

Dane Cook. "SO I SAW SOMETHING I ALWAYS DREAMED ABOUT!!! I SAW A GUY GET HIT BY A CAR!!! IT WAS BLAMMM!!! I YELLED 'OH FUCK DUDE A CAR IS COMING!' AND HE LOOKED AT ME! AND THE CAR HIT HIM! AND HE WENT FLYING 20 FEET IN THE AIR!!! AND THEN THE GUY FELL OUT OF THE CLOSET AND PUKED!!! AND WE LOST THE VIDEOTAPE!!!".

Anthony. "So uh.....fuck....shit....uh.....I saw uh.....a car....or uh...I saw a guy....yeah a guy...uh fuck....get hit by.....uh.....this guy got hit by a car....like what's up....with that?".

G

Jimmy “And then after his hat was removed he got an extra chromosome and Pete Rose showed up and gave him a haircut and fucked his ass and shit in his mouth and spilled period blood - which of course was HIV positive - and then he leaned over and clutched his chest and Godfather Tomatoes and an abortion but he did have a nice cock and his wife was raped and had a meaty puss!”

G

Because he and Norton often had prepared lines for the show. They stole lines from Paltalk/Instant Feedback often. They would only comment on the same subjects or use the same jokes and references over and over again. Like Norton wishing a drunk driving death or AIDS on someone for the hundredth time. They would bomb often as well but it worked because you had a room full of guys to steer the ship or keep things going. This is Anthony on his own with no one to help him.

On the radio you can let the room fill in the gaps between your own jokes or your own bombs. Like someone brings up "The Shining" and you throw out a joke or reference, someone else does another joke, another person throws out a joke, then it is back to you. The momentum is always there until someone crashes then Opie or Anthony would announce "bit over". On stage you are alone no matter what. You need to chain joke into joke over and over. And chaining bomb into bomb with no one to bail you out can happen as well.

Nah this is worse. Because even mediocre standups like Mencia or Schumer could at least speak publicly without mumbling or stuttering. Anthony literally has zero confidence on microphone. I would guess it is because of alcohol abuse long term taking its toll. He just doesn't have the energy anymore to function. Every other word in this set is him either mumbling or just muttering "fuck" or "shit" under his breath. It is embarrassing.

Even though Dane sucked he was charismatic for young people. Just steal a joke about something, change a little bit of the words or the scenario, then yell like a faggot the entire time. And you get Dane Cook's entire act. His act would not work if he did it like Anthony does standup.

Louis CK. "So I saw something I always wanted to see.....someone get hit by a car.....I even tried to warn him but like an idiot I just yelled out 'Ah! Bad thing!' and the guy got hit anyways. So I felt like a total idiot afterwards".

Dane Cook. "SO I SAW SOMETHING I ALWAYS DREAMED ABOUT!!! I SAW A GUY GET HIT BY A CAR!!! IT WAS BLAMMM!!! I YELLED 'OH FUCK DUDE A CAR IS COMING!' AND HE LOOKED AT ME! AND THE CAR HIT HIM! AND HE WENT FLYING 20 FEET IN THE AIR!!! AND THEN THE GUY FELL OUT OF THE CLOSET AND PUKED!!! AND WE LOST THE VIDEOTAPE!!!".

Anthony. "So uh.....fuck....shit....uh.....I saw uh.....a car....or uh...I saw a guy....yeah a guy...uh fuck....get hit by.....uh.....this guy got hit by a car....like what's up....with that?".
I can’t disagree with any of this, but there were times when he fired out lines that were so quick he could not have gotten them from Paltalk.

You nailed some thing that I often talk about myself which is that the environment of a live radio show, with direction, good producers, and someone to steer the ship did way more for Anthony and Jimmy than they realize. You can’t fake that change in environment.

You can’t do that from your stupid basement.

And I know Opie frequently butchered jokes and moved on too.quickly from segments that were working, but the alternative is an old man rambling aimlessly.

But even so, Anthony has clearly lost more than one step. This is more than just a radio guy struggling because he’s no longer in real radio, no longer in an environment where he could succeed, no longer propped up by stealing lines from listeners. It’s much worse than that.

He is not the same guy he was even five years ago. Listen to him slurring, rambling, struggling to string more than five words together, this is absolutely a guy who has forgotten how to be funny. This just wasn’t funny. If that room wasn’t pre-packed with his own listening audience and people who want to laugh at no matter what he says, there would’ve been deafening silence. And, in fact, there was some awkward silence which is really bad from a room of your own people.

This was deeply embarrassing, but he’ll never see it that way and neither will his ball washers. This was something he and his entire audience would have viciously brutalized back when he was still funny. He just isn’t funny anymore. I don’t know if the booze is taking its toll, or the Xanax, or dementia, but this just isn’t the same guy. It’s like a scarecrow wearing Anthony’s shirts.