Multiple TGI Fridays locations closed on Long Island

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
TGI Fridays fucking blows. Only thing it was good for was grabbing a late night bite to eat or food when nothing else was open.
I can see them going out of business in the next 5-10 years because there’s nothing special or even unique about them and their food. They don’t have an identity and I’m not even sure what they’re known for (signature dish / drink etc)

Then again I can’t explain why people would ever go to Applebees and there’s still a bunch of those.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Microwavable shit for human livestock to pretend they're any better than some street shitting dirtbag in Bihar.
I feel like a lot of these type restaurants (Fridays, Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays, Outback, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, etc) are only kept alive because of boomers, rubes / hicks, and N persons. It’s the same with Buffalo Wild Wings - their food is all bland including the wings which is in their name!

RoTheHo69

PULL OVER DUMB CUNT
I feel like a lot of these type restaurants (Fridays, Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays, Outback, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, etc) are only kept alive because of boomers, rubes / hicks, and N persons. It’s the same with Buffalo Wild Wings - their food is all bland including the wings which is in their name!
It's like that potato skins, cajun steak kinda vibe. The solo joe crowd.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
I can see them going out of business in the next 5-10 years because there’s nothing special or even unique about them and their food. They don’t have an identity and I’m not even sure what they’re known for (signature dish / drink etc)

Then again I can’t explain why people would ever go to Applebees and there’s still a bunch of those.
I feel like Applebees is able to survive in lower income areas because they still manage to do some shitty promos like that Dollar Rits that bring in poor people who want to get zooted on margs that barely have any alcohol in them.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
There’s waves of job cuts across the economy already, it’s gonna get pretty bad I think. I didn’t give a fuck in 2008 because I was still a teenager and I worked shit jobs anyway. Now I’m actually kind of shook thinking about it. I don’t want to deal with that crap or start over some place or fight in a lean competitive job market again.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
It’s the same with Buffalo Wild Wings
Average chicken wings on the best of days, over saturated in mouth numbing sauce and fried too much.

I never understand why people go here, it’s way more rewarding to search out a local wing spot (usually a bar) and go there exclusively for chicken wings. Or, just make them at home, stupid.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I feel like Applebees is able to survive in lower income areas because they still manage to do some shitty promos like that Dollar Rits that bring in poor people who want to get zooted on margs that barely have any alcohol in them.
I remember they followed that with 1 dollar Long Island Ice Tea’s but I’m guessing it caused all kinds of trouble at the locations so they dropped it and acted like it never happened. Now that I think of it I feel like Applebees are usually very close to Wal-Mart’s.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Average chicken wings on the best of days, over saturated in mouth numbing sauce and fried too much.

I never understand why people go here, it’s way more rewarding to search out a local wing spot (usually a bar) and go there exclusively for chicken wings. Or, just make them at home, stupid.
Yeah I remember going to Buffalo Wild Wings 15 years ago because of all the football games (I was a Philly fan living in FL so that was how I could watch the Eagles etc) but the food was all so bland and tasted the same I couldn’t figure out why people would go often. Then again I’m not a complete rube or living in fly over country so it’s hard to relate. You can find good wings at local places but I guess people are distracted by chain restaurants.

Dennis Denuto

It's the vibe
1704405077463.png

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
There’s waves of job cuts across the economy already, it’s gonna get pretty bad I think. I didn’t give a fuck in 2008 because I was still a teenager and I worked shit jobs anyway. Now I’m actually kind of shook thinking about it. I don’t want to deal with that crap or start over some place or fight in a lean competitive job market again.
I’m wondering how much the yearly increases in pay for the many companies across the country will be. Usually it’s within the first two weeks companies do their compensation meetings with employees to discuss their raise for the new year. I think that will be a major factory in what happens in 2024 as everything has gone up and Pay / Salaries hasn’t been able to keep up. As they say “something’s gotta give”

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I’m wondering how much the yearly increases in pay for the many companies across the country will be. Usually it’s within the first two weeks companies do their compensation meetings with employees to discuss their raise for the new year. I think that will be a major factory in what happens in 2024 as everything has gone up and Pay / Salaries hasn’t been able to keep up. As they say “something’s gotta give”

I don’t understand economics but people need raises and not all companies can afford them, that’s clear.

If I keep my job, it will be a good thing, I might be able to buy a house at a reasonable price like older people were able to do.