• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Movies most people think are great but you think suck

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
Napoleon Dynamite

I'll never understand how that movie got so big.
When it came out i was probably still in middle school and went tonthe movies on a whim it was the next showing when getting a ticket. Had never heard of it had no clue whatvit was about. I found it funny everyone has an uncle rico.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Saving Private Ryan is a snorefest outside of the battle scenes that make up a woefully small part of the running time in retrospect. Behind the facade of gritty "war is hell" movie it really is something that feels like it was written by a 12-year-old, with all the schmaltzy sentimentality and clichés. A rube script elevated beyond its station by being picked up by a big name director.

Anything by John Hughes that wasn't specifically made for children. Cornball shit buoyed by nostalgia.

This is more controversial than 'great', but I'm shocked at the amount of people who think Prometheus was good. It was dogshit, an 80s B-movie with a hundred million dollar budget.

Why do people not like inception? I thought it was a pretty cool movie with a neat premise and great visuals.
Because besides the premise and visuals, there really isn't that much of substance. It's a common problem with a lot of Nolan movies, because apparently he's some kind of autist. Great concepts and cinematography but other elements get neglected that would really make you connect with the film and turn it into a classic.

I liked Inception but I wouldn't ever think to rewatch it. It felt more like a presentation than an experience, if that makes any sense. I got everything out of the movie that it had to offer on the first viewing.

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
Saving Private Ryan is a snorefest outside of the battle scenes that make up a woefully small part of the running time in retrospect. Behind the facade of gritty "war is hell" movie it really is something that feels like it was written by a 12-year-old, with all the schmaltzy sentimentality and clichés. A rube script elevated beyond its station by being picked up by a big name director.

Anything by John Hughes that wasn't specifically made for children. Cornball shit buoyed by nostalgia.

This is more controversial than 'great', but I'm shocked at the amount of people who think Prometheus was good. It was dogshit, an 80s B-movie with a hundred million dollar budget.

Because besides the premise and visuals, there really isn't that much of substance. It's a common problem with a lot of Nolan movies, because apparently he's some kind of autist. Great concepts and cinematography but other elements get neglected that would really make you connect with the film and turn it into a classic.

I liked Inception but I wouldn't ever think to rewatch it. It felt more like a presentation than an experience, if that makes any sense. I got everything out of the movie that it had to offer on the first viewing.
"But was he still in the dream world at the end?" No he was an actor in a movie that left the set got food and did whatever he does. Stop being faggots.

lowend73

Forum Clout
In grade school and suprisingly im just off the spectrum. Its not autism as much as jadded and angry.

Because besides the premise and visuals, there really isn't that much of substance. It's a common problem with a lot of Nolan movies, because apparently he's some kind of autist. Great concepts and cinematography but other elements get neglected that would really make you connect with the film and turn it into a classic.ers

It's a big problem with Speilbergs movies. He really does use broad stereotypes for the most part, depending on the script itself.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Saving Private Ryan is a snorefest outside of the battle scenes that make up a woefully small part of the running time in retrospect.
The shot of the guy putting his own guts back into his stomach is legit one of the hardest laughs I've ever gotten from a movie. It was so over the top to back-sell WWII that it just comes across as ridiculous. There was another with a guy walking through machine gun fire carrying his own arm that was also hilarious as well. Total boomer fantasy and jew propaganda film.
Disagree on Inception, but due to the dialog I can understand why people don't like it.
Movie is garbage. Complete ripoff of a Japanese cartoon called Paprika. The visuals in Inception like climbing the walls or the folding city were stolen directly from Paprika.
Gladiator. The fight scenes were too close up.
There is the hysterical shot of the chariot that smashes into the side of the Colosseum and you see the gigantic gas canister in the back though.

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout

saving private ryan could have been a 10/10 movie if not for all of the spielberg shmaltz and its nonsensical plot. they even have one of the characters point out how absolutely absurd it is to send an entire squad of men to be killed just to rescue a lowly private, and they never properly address it

also, I am halfway convinced the d-day scene is a dark comedy. the lad walking out of frame with his severed arm, tom hanks carrying the wounded soldier halfway up the beach just to realise he was blown in half 30 seconds prior, the bloke with the flamethrower exploding and setting ablaze two other men behind him (why the fuck would you have a flamethrower in this scenario), the bit where tom hanks turns over the guy with the telephone and see his face missing, and then goes to use the phone himself, but realises it was also shot. I have no clue if spielberg intended for any of that to be funny, but it was

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
saving private ryan could have been a 10/10 movie if not for all of the spielberg shmaltz and its nonsensical plot. they even have one of the characters point out how absolutely absurd it is to send an entire squad of men to be killed just to rescue a lowly private, and they never properly address it

also, I am halfway convinced the d-day scene is a dark comedy. the lad walking out of frame with his severed arm, tom hanks carrying the wounded soldier halfway up the beach just to realise he was blown in half 30 seconds prior, the bloke with the flamethrower exploding and setting ablaze two other men behind him (why the fuck would you have a flamethrower in this scenario), the bit where tom hanks turns over the guy with the telephone and see his face missing, and then goes to use the phone himself, but realises it was also shot. I have no clue if spielberg intended for any of that to be funny, but it was
I wish I could go back to when the movie was in theaters and just start howling during these parts. It'd be amazing.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Scarface is legitimately one of the greatest comedies of all time. Polluted womb, the awful accents, over the top ridiculous violence, Tony's psychotic obsession with his sister, the mountains of cocaine, the hilarious assassination scenes, "Fuck you!", the deliberate goofy 80s soundtrack, and so on. It all adds up to be a great parody.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I could lump in a lot of 70's New Hollywood films, because of their cynical outlook and dour atmosphere - you can't watch a film like "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" or "Taxi Driver" and honestly say you'd love to watch it over and over again unless you played Monster Rain as a child.

But my pick would easily be Wizard of Oz. I know it's done well, I respect Judy Garland, it's typical early MGM classiness ... But it bores me fucking senseless. Even Gosia, who adores films like these (she's obsessed with the original "A Star Is Born"), gets nothing out of it. I feel like a soulless cunt admitting that.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
I could lump in a lot of 70's New Hollywood films, because of their cynical outlook and dour atmosphere - you can't watch a film like "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" or "Taxi Driver" and honestly say you'd love to watch it over and over again unless you played Monster Rain as a child.

But my pick would easily be Wizard of Oz. I know it's done well, I respect Judy Garland, it's typical early MGM classiness ... But it bores me fucking senseless. Even Gosia, who adores films like these (she's obsessed with the original "A Star Is Born"), gets nothing out of it. I feel like a soulless cunt admitting that.
You're more of a "The Wiz" fan. Admit it. It's ok.

Forum Clout
Shot Caller was pretty damn good.
I hated that movie, man. I love dark and gritty shit and I adore Brawl in Cell Block 99 but it just felt so fucking bleak. Tbh when that guy got pinned down and butt fucked I think it left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a cool film but I just found it all very miserable, like it wasn't happening in the real world. The lead was very good though, and the violence was nice