• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Movies most people think are great but you think suck

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Aliens. Not necessarily as a film itself, but how far of a departure thematically it is from the original. The fawkin ending when the alien queen is grabbing Ripley's boot and she somehow has the strength to hold on from that plus the vacuum of space is completely retarded though.
Same thing happens in Terminator. Where Sarah is basically able to out muscle the gigantic metal bodied robot and pull away from it. Aliens and Terminator 2 have practically the same plot. Female 'badass' saves young kid from monster, with help from soldier, and an evil robot from the first film helps against the new monster.

Forum Clout
Same thing happens in Terminator. Where Sarah is basically able to out muscle the gigantic metal bodied robot and pull away from it. Aliens and Terminator 2 have practically the same plot. Female 'badass' saves young kid from monster, with help from soldier, and an evil robot from the first film helps against the new monster.
Very true, but the longer the Alien series went on, the more Ridley Scott's themes came across as some strange fetishism on his part. Like the original idea of the chest-burster being a parallel to pregnancy, and the face huggers being rape. Make it to Prometheus, and it's just beating you over the head with it. Alien 3 with Ripley being Not-Jesus and shit like that. Is the horror of this series supposed to be sexual primarily, or is being stalked by the oddly shaped alien?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Very true, but the longer the Alien series went on, the more Ridley Scott's themes came across as some strange fetishism on his part. Like the original idea of the chest-burster being a parallel to pregnancy, and the face huggers being rape. Make it to Prometheus, and it's just beating you over the head with it. Alien 3 with Ripley being Not-Jesus and shit like that. Is the horror of this series supposed to be sexual primarily, or is being stalked by the oddly shaped alien?
H.R. Giger came up with the whole crazy art concept and the aliens raping people. Most of the stuff like engineers, the giant squid, Elizabeth Shaw being experimented on, came from old artwork that Giger had left to Ridley Scott and other people who worked on Alien. Same with Dan O'Bannon leaving a bunch of concept work on both Alien and Predator after he died that got made into a few movies and comic.

Ridley Scott is the one that hammered the stupid religious nonsense. Like Ripley spreading her arms like Jesus on the cross. Or the absolutely horrendous and worthless original script for Prometheus where the first Engineer is actually Jesus and he is crucified, rises from the dead, and returns thousands of years later to Earth to destroy mankind for killing him. That stuff was made after Giger and O'Bannon were dead. And Ridley basically said in interviews he only did it because he hated how Fox had already ruined the franchise so he made Prometheus and Covenant as ridiculous as possible.

Forum Clout
H.R. Giger came up with the whole crazy art concept and the aliens raping people. Most of the stuff like engineers, the giant squid, Elizabeth Shaw being experimented on, came from old artwork that Giger had left to Ridley Scott and other people who worked on Alien. Same with Dan O'Bannon leaving a bunch of concept work on both Alien and Predator after he died that got made into a few movies and comic.

Ridley Scott is the one that hammered the stupid religious nonsense. Like Ripley spreading her arms like Jesus on the cross. Or the absolutely horrendous and worthless original script for Prometheus where the first Engineer is actually Jesus and he is crucified, rises from the dead, and returns thousands of years later to Earth to destroy mankind for killing him. That stuff was made after Giger and O'Bannon were dead. And Ridley basically said in interviews he only did it because he hated how Fox had already ruined the franchise so he made Prometheus and Covenant as ridiculous as possible.
I think Scott's a hack, but if I could get paid millions to make movies out of spite I'd go for it. Alien vs. Predator is another steaming pile of shit, but I don't think most people would think that movie was great. I used to think Paul W.S Anderson only did woman protagonist shit as a way to show off his Ukrainian Whore, but he used that one nigger bitch as the protagonist in AVP also. Yeah, a Predator would give a woman a spear to fight Aliens with.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
And Ridley basically said in interviews he only did it because he hated how Fox had already ruined the franchise so he made Prometheus and Covenant as ridiculous as possible.
That explains a lot, and makes the people who still insist that Prometheus was some kind of misunderstood masterpiece seem like even bigger dopes. Ridley Scott is hit and miss at the best of times, and if he was purposefully fucking around then something like Prometheus would be the natural result.

Everything about it just stunk. The premise was retarded, the writing was completely nonsensical, the characters one-dimensional, stupid and unlikeable. A lot of bizarre and unintentionally comical choices like dressing up a young guy in Johnny Knoxville old man make-up. It failed as a sci-fi movie, as a thriller, as an action movie. Just a boring, confusing, infuriating slog.

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
I think Scott's a hack, but if I could get paid millions to make movies out of spite I'd go for it. Alien vs. Predator is another steaming pile of shit, but I don't think most people would think that movie was great. I used to think Paul W.S Anderson only did woman protagonist shit as a way to show off his Ukrainian Whore, but he used that one nigger bitch as the protagonist in AVP also. Yeah, a Predator would give a woman a spear to fight Aliens with.
I was so excited to see that peice of when it came out. A big groupnof us went to a double feature at the drive in and the first movie was i robot. Talk about a 1-2 pumch of dogshit.