• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Movies most people think are great but you think suck

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout

Garbage. That was the last movie I saw in IMAX (and when I realized that whole experience is just overrated af in general) and I remember being completely bored throughout the entire 2nd half of it. The fact that it was Cameron's first movie since Titanic meant it had a huge amount of hype around it but it was forgettable shite.

Gronez_Bambatta

Forum Clout
I agree with Lord of the Rings.

I've never heard anyone say anything good about Avatar. I'd say they tried to make it a cultural thing like Star Wars and it failed big time.

Disagree on Inception, but due to the dialog I can understand why people don't like it.
Avatar blew Joe Rogans mind apparently, that's reason enough for me to never watch it

Steve Ramone

Forum Clout
Maybe I should give it another chance. I watched it on dvd, stoned, around 2011. Only remember it being long and not caring what happened to any of the characters
I think the main reason I liked it was the novelty of something original instead of yet another goddamn sequel. There's a few weird plot holes but otherwise it's cool.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
I think the main reason I liked it was the novelty of something original instead of yet another goddamn sequel. There's a few weird plot holes but otherwise it's cool.
I agree. The big complaint was that the characters spoke unnaturally to convey what was happening to the audience. But the entire movie is pretty original and fun. It's the last truly novel movie I've seen and it came out what, 13 years ago?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Thank you. Fuck that thing sucks. "No see he was both guys all along!"

My personal pick is Heat

The Deer hunter stinks. Basically deniro is Cimino's self insert character so he's cool and capable and tough and everyone else is a buffoon. Also Cimino lied about having served in Vietnam so it's basically all bullshit, and he grafted on that retarded Russian Roulette plot from a book even though it really has no purpose.

Terminator 2 holds up pretty well for how old it is
I’m one of the few that like the first terminator over the second one. But T2 does hold up special effects wise because of James Cameron being so focused on it. Thanks to CGI you’ve got movies that have action scenes that look dated a month after they come out. Just shoot it on a green screen and fix it in post. Lazy!

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Garbage. That was the last movie I saw in IMAX (and when I realized that whole experience is just overrated af in general) and I remember being completely bored throughout the entire 2nd half of it. The fact that it was Cameron's first movie since Titanic meant it had a huge amount of hype around it but it was forgettable shite.
I remember hearing from people who saw it in theaters claim it’s their favorite movie - until they saw it on their TVs without all the IMAX / glasses / etc and realized it was a piece of shit without the full special effect presentation.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
platoon. it's melodramatic tripe and doesn't come anywhere close to holding a candle to the superior vietnam war movie, apocalypse now (the greatest film of all time)
I agree, platoon is good but not great. Now it’s hard to explain to younger people Vietnam war movies since it’s so long ago and for the most part not even talked about anymore.

Have you see the Apocalypse Now 4K remaster? Picture quality is amazing

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
All the Godfather movies
The Deer Hunter
Inception
Tenet
E.T.
Return of the Jedi
King Pin
Raging Bull
Tombstone
Nashville
The Graduate
Millers Crossing
Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkness
The Matrix
Memento
Aliens
Terminator 2
Forrest Gump
Blue Velvet
La La Land
Animal House
oh dude, you're just trolling. The Matrix was great. So was Godfather part 1.

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
I agree, platoon is good but not great. Now it’s hard to explain to younger people Vietnam war movies since it’s so long ago and for the most part not even talked about anymore.

Have you see the Apocalypse Now 4K remaster? Picture quality is amazing
I haven't, but I've heavily considered buying the final cut blu-ray. thing is, I'm one of the few people who actually prefers the redux, and the final cut cuts out my favourite addition in the redux (the playboy bunnies scene)

Turk February

Forum Clout
I haven't, but I've heavily considered buying the final cut blu-ray. thing is, I'm one of the few people who actually prefers the redux more, and the final cut cuts out my favourite addition in the redux (the playboy bunny scene)
I think the issue is it would be done better as an animation, and that would be plagiarism. It's called Paprika.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I know some people loved “Joker” but I couldn’t get into it because it reminded me too much of “King of Comedy” which just made me want to watch that instead. A guy I worked with told me he liked it and I asked if he saw King of Comedy since it pretty much the same movie and he said no. I told him what King of Comedy was about and he said “holy shit that is the same movie”

Turk February

Forum Clout
I know some people loved “Joker” but I couldn’t get into it because it reminded me too much of “King of Comedy” which just made me want to watch that instead. A guy I worked with told me he liked it and I asked if he saw King of Comedy since it pretty much the same movie and he said no. I told him what King of Comedy was about and he said “holy shit that is the same movie”
Same issue with Inception! Joker stinks.