Legitimately what happened here?

Honestly O&A said something really prescient when talking about this incident. “This is it for white people. And it starts with fucking Kramer.” And they weren’t wrong. Kramer is essentially the prototype for every race scandal today. A white guy flies off the handle and says racist shit, it’s recorded (or he says it himself on his social media), he gets blacklisted and goes on the “I’m not a racist” tour. And now everyone knows Kramer for…being Kramer…and for screaming nigger at a comedy club. The only clear difference between Kramer and somebody today is the context. Kramer literally shouted Nigger at a black person and told him he’d have him lynched and with a fork in him. Today the same level of “cancellation” would be levied at a kid who said “Nigga” cause it was in a rap song.
Did that kid entertain millions for multiple seasons as a lovable sitcom character?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Honestly O&A said something really prescient when talking about this incident. “This is it for white people. And it starts with fucking Kramer.” And they weren’t wrong. Kramer is essentially the prototype for every race scandal today. A white guy flies off the handle and says racist shit, it’s recorded (or he says it himself on his social media), he gets blacklisted and goes on the “I’m not a racist” tour. And now everyone knows Kramer for…being Kramer…and for screaming nigger at a comedy club. The only clear difference between Kramer and somebody today is the context. Kramer literally shouted Nigger at a black person and told him he’d have him lynched and with a fork in him. Today the same level of “cancellation” would be levied at a kid who said “Nigga” cause it was in a rap song.
Plus it was Kramer from Seinfeld which is seen (or at least was seen) as the most white person show possible (next to friends) so that made it even more of a scandal. Imagine if David Schwimmer or Matt Perry had done the same thing! I remember that OJ miniseries with Cuba Gooding Jr had a scene where they were gonna let the jurors watch a tv show and the white people all wanted to watch Seinfeld and the black people wanted to watch Martin.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
They also put it out at the right time to make the most money - if they had waited a couple years streaming would have killed the sales numbers they got when they put the sets out. I remember one of the best selling TV dvds was the Chappelle Show for that reason - was the right time.

Seth McFarlane has said the only reason Family Guy came back - and why he Even still has a career - was the DVD sales of the first two seasons before it's first cancellation.

So, that's on all you cunts.