Legitimately what happened here?

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Richards is a very odd man with a very odd story.

I'm convinced that he's the one who introduced Seinfeld to the underage child that Jerry ended up marrying, or perhaps he introduced Jerry to other children that just didn't out.

Seinfeld went out of his way to do an apology tour of sorts with Richards, and Richards is a gentile. Sort of.

"....In a telephone interview with The Jewish Journal, Rubenstein clarified that Richards was not born Jewish and never converted to Judaism. “He believes in Judaism, and that’s what he’s adopted for himself,” said Rubenstein."

"...A biography of Richards on the Wikipedia web site lists no religion, but does say Richards is very involved in the Masons. Masonry is not a religion but Masons do subscribe to a set of ethical precepts."

You have to admit that seeing a gentile cash those Seinfeld checks and call people niggers brightens up your day...

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Just like when Mel ranted about "jews start all of the wars" but then had to grovel back to his masters in show business to keep his career.

Mel was ranting because this was when Israel was bombing (1/3 Christian) Lebanon. He was angry about Israel provoking wars in the Middle East. The media spun it another way. It's interesting looking at it now, when anti-Israel sentiment is starting to get mainstream because of the Gaza war. Mel was ahead of the time.

I'm convinced that he's the one who introduced Seinfeld to the underage child that Jerry ended up marrying, or perhaps he introduced Jerry to other children that just didn't out.

Seinfeld went out of his way to do an apology tour of sorts with Richards, and Richards is a gentile. Sort of.

Seinfeld was coming out on DVD, and Jerry didn't want this "incident" to harm sales.

FingerofGod

"....In a telephone interview with The Jewish Journal, Rubenstein clarified that Richards was not born Jewish and never converted to Judaism. “He believes in Judaism, and that’s what he’s adopted for himself,” said Rubenstein."

"...A biography of Richards on the Wikipedia web site lists no religion, but does say Richards is very involved in the Masons. Masonry is not a religion but Masons do subscribe to a set of ethical precepts."

Jews don’t need goys to show them where the children are. Seinfeld is definitely a creep but in show business saying nigger is worse than being a pedophile.

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...
He was trying to do a Lenny Bruce thing where he said nigger as a shock value "It's just a word!" thing but it backfired horribly. Patrice put it best with what really sealed the deal was going on Letterman and acting like a Vietnam POW instead of just doing Kramer, because people would have passed it off as just Michael being a crazy method actor guy, which he was.
Agreed. That Letterman apology tour was incredibly off-putting. Even kike Seinfeld was uncomfortable and getting douche chills. If they had just cut to a door on the screen and then Cosmos comes sliding through ala Seinfeld screaming "it's a niggerrrrr, it's a niggerrrrr!" the entire bleachers at Letterman would've burst into uproarious laughter and he would've filled stadiums after that. Instead he chose the bitch made Don Imus route bowing down and faked contrition and still got thoroughly shunned anyway. Fool.

Hudson Margera-Hughes

I really wish he'd have done a Bill Burr Philly-style rant, but all anti-nigger. "Your music sucks, your women are fat and ugly, your food blows, your neighborhoods are toilets" and so forth. It'd have been legendary. I mean, why not go all in with it?
100% agree. He already slid through the door with his arms outstretched he might as well go full on "when they mix the races we'll have a MONGREL class of people!"

Dude was talking about niggers with forks up their asses. Why stop there?

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Because i don’t think he actually hates blacks, he was just trying to insult them and “nigger” was the easiest way to do it. But I still don’t understand. Like this is the reaction you have when a black runs you over with his car or something, not talks over you. Like imagine if you were a teacher and your black students were talking and you just started screaming YOU FUCCCCKING NIGGER YOU NIGGER YOURE A NIGGER GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE
Let's be perfectly honest here. That would be a based teacher, Suester. You know it. In inner city shit hole schools that should be a prerequisite to getting the job. That and carrying a pistol.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It was a lot of things - first he decided to try stand up in like his 50s after he was famous for playing Kramer. I read the shows weren’t good - after the intial “hey look! It’s the guy we watched on tv!” Wears off and you actually have to do stand up and get laughs and that didn’t happen. I think he was using that word since n persons that were yelling at him use it more than anyone else and in some trying to be shocking but clever Lenny Bruce type idea of showing how they sound and how it’s just a word and shouldn’t be treated as taboo and of course that didn’t go well. Probably wouldn’t have been much of a story it hadn’t been recorded by someone in the audience (that was something new at the time - so many people having small recording devices on them) but it went viral (was this the first major viral celebrity video? I don’t think sex tapes count)

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Richards is connected to freemasonry in show business. But Richards also caused tons of people in the media to shit all over Seinfeld and the DVD sales of the show. So Seinfeld got his PR team to work with Richards to make a big apology tour. The DVDs ended up selling fine anyways and nothing happened. Richards even was brought back for the Seinfeld reunion on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
This is why Richards was allowed right back into show business. It's probably why he got the job on Seinfeld in the first place despite being an unfunny zilch literally everywhere else. He was connected to a bunch of jew organizations through freemasonic groups. You can see that his career is literally nothing but Seinfeld. To quote the nigger heckler "Seinfeld....that's it".

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Seinfeld was coming out on DVD, and Jerry didn't want this "incident" to harm sales.
I believe season 7 was about to come out on DVD, which was the final season with Larry David involved and maybe the highest rated on TV. I think it ended up selling the most on DVD too, too lazy to look up.

They must have made a killing because every season cost like $70 to buy; at the time I just rented them and burned them. Take that, Jerry.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I believe season 7 was about to come out on DVD, which was the final season with Larry David involved and maybe the highest rated on TV. I think it ended up selling the most on DVD too, too lazy to look up.

They must have made a killing because every season cost like $70 to buy; at the time I just rented them and burned them. Take that, Jerry.
They also put it out at the right time to make the most money - if they had waited a couple years streaming would have killed the sales numbers they got when they put the sets out. I remember one of the best selling TV dvds was the Chappelle Show for that reason - was the right time.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you

I think it was the entire series as a box set. Looking at Amazon, the complete series on DVD came out in 2007, and Richards's legendary set at the Laugh Factory was 2006.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I think it was the entire series as a box set. Looking at Amazon, the complete series on DVD came out in 2007, and Richards's legendary set at the Laugh Factory was 2006.
Yeah they were afraid it would ruin the major deal they had made for the DVD’s / box set. Jerry & Larry did very well with the show in syndication but this was a chance to make a ton of money on top of all the tv deals for the same episodes. I remember they had all kinds of extras like deleted scenes, new documentary on the show with the cast and crew that was ONLY on the dvds, etc.

Agreed. That Letterman apology tour was incredibly off-putting. Even kike Seinfeld was uncomfortable and getting douche chills. If they had just cut to a door on the screen and then Cosmos comes sliding through ala Seinfeld screaming "it's a niggerrrrr, it's a niggerrrrr!" the entire bleachers at Letterman would've burst into uproarious laughter and he would've filled stadiums after that. Instead he chose the bitch made Don Imus route bowing down and faked contrition and still got thoroughly shunned anyway. Fool.
People in 2006 were a lot more forgiving of attempts at racial humor, fucking Mind of Mencia was airing at this time and the black jokes on there were about the same level of harshness as what Richards did. Mencia dropped N bombs during his stand-up all the time, he did a joke about white people being scared to go to Oakland "Because a nigger might shoot them". That's the exact line. The problem solely is that the Letterman apology really came off like "Yeah I'm a genuine giant racist and was caught". No clue why he did that. Even Letterman was laughing at him, you can hear it before Jerry goes "STOP LAUGHING, IT'S NOT FUNNY".

Mel "I HOPE YOU GET RAPED BY A PACK OF NIGGERS" Gibson somehow has more of a career than Richards because he never groveled.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Probably wouldn’t have been much of a story it hadn’t been recorded by someone in the audience (that was something new at the time - so many people having small recording devices on them) but it went viral (was this the first major viral celebrity video? I don’t think sex tapes count)
Honestly O&A said something really prescient when talking about this incident. “This is it for white people. And it starts with fucking Kramer.” And they weren’t wrong. Kramer is essentially the prototype for every race scandal today. A white guy flies off the handle and says racist shit, it’s recorded (or he says it himself on his social media), he gets blacklisted and goes on the “I’m not a racist” tour. And now everyone knows Kramer for…being Kramer…and for screaming nigger at a comedy club. The only clear difference between Kramer and somebody today is the context. Kramer literally shouted Nigger at a black person and told him he’d have him lynched and with a fork in him. Today the same level of “cancellation” would be levied at a kid who said “Nigga” cause it was in a rap song.