Kanye West - Vultures Vol. 1 Album Release Thread

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
You can feel the unchecked bipolar mania.

Every idea he had he thought was genius and he no longer has anyone that can tell him no.
Donda was a low point but even i liked that album. But the biggest problem is songs don’t “hit” for lack of a better word. Theres almost no structure. You know how in a song it builds and the beat drops? All of Kanyes songs now are like edging where you’re waiting for it to get good, or raise in energy, and it never does.

Harry Powell

You’re the girl I needed in jr. high
Donda was a low point but even i liked that album. But the biggest problem is songs don’t “hit” for lack of a better word. Theres almost no structure. You know how in a song it builds and the beat drops? All of Kanyes songs now are like edging where you’re waiting for it to get good, or raise in energy, and it never does.
You’re exactly correct. For a while I thought he was experimenting with song structure, trying to do something freeform. Now I think it’s just laziness and bipolar mania.

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...
Will it actually be good or another half assed Kanye album?

View attachment 181750
I honestly never thought I'd live to see the day that one of the most famous "rappers" wears a Burzum shirt and designs his album with the same font up in the corner which is a clear shout out to Burzum.

Is it Varg approved? "LET'S FIND OUT!"
Yes, actually it is Varg approved.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210-202531.png
    Screenshot_20240210-202531.png
    790.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Filosofem.jpg
    Filosofem.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 25
Black Sabbath should be grateful that Ye decided to sample them and Ozzy should be paying Ye for the privilege.
and a live sample too. muh antisemitism. but its still something that kanye should have tried more extensively to deal with before releasing the album unless getting jewed by ozzys lawyers over it is part of his public penance moment for apologizing and being let back into the hollywood fold more fully.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
and a live sample too. muh antisemitism. but its still something that kanye should have tried more extensively to deal with before releasing the album unless getting jewed by ozzys lawyers over it is part of his public penance moment for apologizing and being let back into the hollywood fold more fully.
Ozzy should be paying Ye, period. No one gives a fuck about Black Sabbath anymore. Last time I saw him he was held up by a metal rod at half time of the Rams/Bills game two years ago. They let him sing for 20 seconds and cut the feed then plugged his album. Sharon should be ashamed of herself.

RoxburyRick

Notice how manic Boq is
Yeezus was one of those albums that grew on me over time. First listen I was really mixed on it, but overtime came to love it. I really wish the album version of Black Skinhead sounded more like the live version he did on SNL. That shit was awesome.
I felt like every song on Yeezus had great bass and I had subs in my car at the time

Dusty Dan

Album sucks, just listened to it. He loves doing this gay abrupt, obnoxious sample that cuts off suddenly shit. It’s not cute it’s not funny.

The song concepts suck dick and the production is weak.
That could be any of his albums. Does he still have a guest on every track, or can he make music on his own now?

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
Yeezus was one of those albums that grew on me over time. First listen I was really mixed on it, but overtime came to love it. I really wish the album version of Black Skinhead sounded more like the live version he did on SNL. That shit was awesome.
Agreed. I don't love the album though, although I love the weird sample interludes that Harry hates on something like On Sight. Frank Ocean on a Kanye album is always great, Blood on the Leaves is really good and Bound 2 has always been the highlight for me.