Joe Cumias DD214

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
At Bragg they probably required most support troops of the 82nd to be Abn. qualified. If he made it through jump school without fucking up, well that's something, at least. I've no idea how extensive his lying is.
* Also, what did you mean by 'rating'?

The VA has to "rate" your problems. You can be a vet, but you dont always get VA care. I'm at 70% , and it took me fucking 3 years to get to that number. You have to go in and see doctors and even if they say you have that problem or not, the VA themselves STILL have to approve it.

I have documented hearing loss, the doctor said I have it, but the VA says "fuck you" to me every time I apply for it.

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
The VA has to "rate" your problems. You can be a vet, but you dont always get VA care. I'm at 70% , and it took me fucking 3 years to get to that number. You have to go in and see doctors and even if they say you have that problem or not, the VA themselves STILL have to approve it.

I have documented hearing loss, the doctor said I have it, but the VA says "fuck you" to me every time I apply for it.
Super. Looking forward to those games when I fall apart in 10 years or so.

You should change the title of the thread to explain in a little more detail what's happening in here. Right now it looks like just another Joe's DD214 discussion thread. Samcro has dreaded this day since long ago on Reddit (and Twitter/Facebook) where he'd constantly dodge requests for him to post a copy of his DD214 and then make excuses about it being locked away in a safe somewhere. Every time people would grill him about his "service" record ("THANK YOU!!!") he would get even more agitated in his threats to shut the forums down.

Kim_Jong_Poon_

A mate of mine got glassed in a pub toilet
What record of assignment did I have?

Yeah, that's classified.
Screenshot_20220727-215855_DuckDuckGo.jpg

😎😎😎

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
From what I can decipher, he went in, got a few badges jumping out of a plane, shooting an M-16, and throwing a few grenades. Then after 9 months he decided that he didn't want to commit to further military service, so he's discharged through the delayed entry program?

This dumb wop basically went to summer camp but calls himself a veteran. fucking disgraziata
Well he went to BCT (basic combat training), which is basic for non combat types, then to ft sill for AIT (mos training) for radio repair, 31v. Then to Bragg so I guess he didn't fail AIT(? It's Joe, you never know how endlessly stupid he'll be) and trained to parachute, so was probably attached to the 82nd but as a POG. After AIT for sure people don't just choose to leave the army, they are in until the contract is up unless the army decides they don't want him. And in the 70s discipline was notoriously lax since after Vietnam nobody wanted to join. So God knows how Joe did it. My guess is he didn't like it so he just acted like a shit bag until they just let him go

JebJoh

So God knows how Joe did it. My guess is he didn't like it so he just acted like a shit bag until they just let him go
Jimmy Carters last year. I was a kid and I remember my uncle and dad who are both vfws discussing how the military has become a haven for lazy losers. My cousin was finishing his 2 year stint as a marine and came home obese somehow. Apparently it was just a minimum wage job with free food for a few years there.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Jimmy Carters last year. I was a kid and I remember my uncle and dad who are both vfws discussing how the military has become a haven for lazy losers. My cousin was finishing his 2 year stint as a marine and came home obese somehow. Apparently it was just a minimum wage job with free food for a few years there.
My aunt worked with a lady whose husband was retired Navy. He was in in the 70s and he had a ponytail he'd tuck under his hat while on duty. To be fair to Joe though he started basic airborne ABN so he could have just gotten hurt. I guess it's pretty common. If he broke his ankle or something and was brand new practically I could see them discharging him instead of keeping him around while he healed knowing he probably couldn't go back to jump school. So they'd have to find a new billet etc and with their minimal investment it made more sense to just sep him.

JebJoh

Could it be in-lieu of a stint in Jail/Prison and he just needed the 9 months?
That seems the most likely scenario. He got busted and did delayed entry because he had to finish up with the court or wait until he was 18. His lawyer used his enlistment as a reason to accept a deal. He showed up at fort Hamilton and slobrojoed until everyone understood his obvious limits. Bing bang boom, shooby dooby doo, bobs your uncle and he’s back on the mean streets of lindenhurst selling coke and banging middle schoolers