• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Jim Carrey is an unfunny rubbery faggot

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
There was a moment, maybe fifteen years ago, that The Cable Guy was being heralded as a misunderstood masterpiece for it's time, like Citizen Kane was in the 40's and Vertigo was in the 50's.

Reality: the movie was, is, and always will be a fucking mess. For anyone that wanted Ace Ventura-like humor, it's shit. For people that appreciate dark comedy, it's still too mainstream and chickens out of a much darker path it could've taken. For anyone who felt it was a metaphor for a generation of adults raised by TV, it's an over-simplified idea lacking depth throughout.

Anyone who thinks it's brilliant is seeing what isn't there - and I believe Carrey was one of them, which is why when it didn't set records, he began looking into dramatic material, and his career never recovered.

If you look at any of his films now - barring my admitted bias for the stupidity of the first Ace Ventura and Dumb & Dumber, both of which I judge as a whole and not just Carrey himself - I don't think he's ever had a truly solid movie that he carried. Number 23, Truman Show, Kick Ass 2, The Mask, The Majestic, every single one sucked.

He's a hack. He's a Canadian Norton.

G

There was a moment, maybe fifteen years ago, that The Cable Guy was being heralded as a misunderstood masterpiece for it's time, like Citizen Kane was in the 40's and Vertigo was in the 50's.

Reality: the movie was, is, and always will be a fucking mess. For anyone that wanted Ace Ventura-like humor, it's shit. For people that appreciate dark comedy, it's still too mainstream and chickens out of a much darker path it could've taken. For anyone who felt it was a metaphor for a generation of adults raised by TV, it's an over-simplified idea lacking depth throughout.

Anyone who thinks it's brilliant is seeing what isn't there - and I believe Carrey was one of them, which is why when it didn't set records, he began looking into dramatic material, and his career never recovered.

If you look at any of his films now - barring my admitted bias for the stupidity of the first Ace Ventura and Dumb & Dumber, both of which I judge as a whole and not just Carrey himself - I don't think he's ever had a truly solid movie that he carried. Number 23, Truman Show, Kick Ass 2, The Mask, The Majestic, every single one sucked.

"Canadian Norton"

Fucking beautiful insult, my dude.

UnPRePared

I despise him in Man on the Moon, nice method acting stupid.

My American fan/buddy sent an email about a year ago with a link, and the heading said "This is why Method Actors should die".

Sure enough, it was that Netflix documentary about Carrey filming Man on The Moon, claiming he was possessed by the spirit of Andy during filming.

If any of you have ever watched that, you had to come away realizing just how insane that fucking guy is. The douche chills I got from that exceeded any movie set stories I've been told.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
My American fan/buddy sent an email about a year ago with a link, and the heading said "This is why Method Actors should die".

Sure enough, it was that Netflix documentary about Carrey filming Man on The Moon, claiming he was possessed by the spirit of Andy during filming.

If any of you have ever watched that, you had to come away realizing just how insane that fucking guy is. The douche chills I got from that exceeded any movie set stories I've been told.
The part where he talks to Andy Kaufman's daughter while pretending to channel her dead father was so psychotic and disrespectful.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
At first they called him the next Jerry Lewis referring to Jerry Lewis early work and not the bitter asshole he became in his later years once
his popularity faded once his act got stale.

Jim Carrey of course also became a bitter asshole when his popularity faded once his act got stale just like Jerry. Jim never tried to write or director which limited his career (Clint Eastwood was trying to get behind the camera early for example) which lead to him taking shit movies. He also gave his girlfriend herpes, got her hooked on prescription drugs that were under his fake name and she killed herself. I’m glad he’s no longer a thing and hasn’t had a hit movie in almost 2 decades.

Last edited:

It was pretty enraging to watch, but I think the worst parts of that doc are these close up segments where he pontificates about the experience like he's some deep artist.

1644360519139.png

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
idk, that would seem like a plus in my books.
Good eye. It was herpes. He gave her herpes and her family sued after she killed herself. I actually talked to Jerry “The King” Lawler about it because at the time I met him he had just signed off for that Netflix doc on Man on The Moon. He told me about some of disturbing texts / emails Carey had been sending her which lead her to suicide. King said Jim can go fuck himself.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It was pretty enraging to watch, but I think the worst parts of that doc are these close up segments where he pontificates about the experience like he's some deep artist.

View attachment 23455
It’s like when actors do war movies and claim it’s like they actually went to war. That was the inspiration for Tropic Thunder, tone deaf and pompous actors thinking they were real veterans while having a trailer, multiple assistants, craft services, etc. while dodging fake gun fire.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit

What sucks about Cable Guy was they wanted Chris Farley for it which would have been much better. I think he couldn’t do it because of some deal that involved Tommy boy / black sheep. Spade said something about it in an interview where Farley was trying to convince Spade to say no to Black Sheep so he could do Cable Guy and Spade said yes to it to annoy him. Farley could have had a chance to show his range and not be stuck as “fatty fall down”. I know one project he really wanted to do was play fatty arbuckle and fawkin HATED Beverly Hills Ninja.

UnPRePared

What sucks about Cable Guy was they wanted Chris Farley for it which would have been much better. I think he couldn’t do it because of some deal that involved Tommy boy / black sheep. Spade said something about it in an interview where Farley was trying to convince Spade to say no to Black Sheep so he could do Cable Guy and Spade said yes to it to annoy him. Farley could have had a chance to show his range and not be stuck as “fatty fall down”. I know one project he really wanted to do was play fatty arbuckle and fawkin HATED Beverly Hills Ninja.

I hate Shrek. Meyers has the worst accent ever put to celluloid.

But that leaked clip of Farley playing the character... That felt like a real loss there. I think that was really his one chance to show everyone what he could do.

Didn't know that about Cable Guy. Wonder if he really was Ben Stiller's first choice.