Is the wire overrated?

It’s a show about an urban city and you’re surprised it has lots of black people? Every season goes further into how corrupt and broken the system is — giving you a look into many different parts of the system and how it all works (or doesn’t work) together.

I’m a disgusting racist and even I enjoyed this show. Inability to give something a real shot is a sign of stupidity by the way.
4181ae4f7ee3974be7059f8bbd528f18.gif

Great show, somewhat overrated. It gets a tad too preachy at times, and a little obvious too. The Brother Mouzone stuff just didn't work for me, and seemed too cartoonish. The Kima subplots, with the girlfriend, were pretty lame too. She wasn't a great actress, and it showed. While I liked Lester Freamon overall, sometimes he lapsed too far into "wise old Negro" territory. But it was still a great show.

G

My favorite thing about The Wire is that is doesn’t sugarcoat how niggers in the ghetto behave AT ALL. Like not one bit. I grew up in the “da hood” and they fucking nailed it! Especially the school season. These niggers are like wild animals I’m telling you. But tbf it’s not for no reason :/

CutesyMissy

"... radio's most notorious shock jock."
I fucking hate Jamie hector which made me hate Marlo. Idk if he was written super unrealistic or this retard can’t act.
Tbf, Marlo is his best fucking work. His lack of acting ability and Marlo's backstory of being a sociopath raised by the street makes his portrayal very unnerving, which is good accidental casting.

Wanna have a belly laugh?
Watch him portray a cop in We Own This City. Rich Vos acted more solidly opposite of Chazz Palminteri.

The Wire is very overrated because it was the least condescending show of HBO's early masterpieces. It didn't have the theatricality of The Sopranos, the verbose pretentiousness of Deadwood (another amazing show), or the make-believe grittiness of Oz. It felt more grounded, and characters were very plausible in the early 2000's (Omar's super-vigilantism notwithstanding). And it had niggers in it, leftist writers love to put anything decently written with nigger characters on a pedestal (i.e.: Jordan Peele's career), and most of the cast was comprised of them.

It is overrated, but it's still a masterpiece.
I consider Deadwood a masterpiece, and I need a fucking dictionary everytime Swearengen opens his yap (a supposedly unneducated pimp), one tends to cut leniency towards interesting shows with intriguing characters.

I end my faggy dissertation in 3, 2, 1...

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
It felt more grounded, and characters were very plausible in the early 2000's (Omar's super-vigilantism notwithstanding). And it had niggers in it, leftist writers love to put anything decently written with nigger characters on a pedestal.
The show is filled with magic niggers that succeed in everything and lots of typical kike trash scenes where the 'smart nigger' corrects the stupid bumbling dopey White man like you find in every single commercial or advertisement. Like when Omar is waiting with the security guard in the court room and magically knows the names of all of the Greek and Roman gods and goddesses. Or D'Angelo giving us the hamfisted dialog in prison where he is analyzing The Great Gatsby or comparing dealing drugs to playing chess. Or nearly every single scene in season five with Gus the reporter being a genius and know-it-all.

Omar and Brother Mouzone are like Terminator level killers. Bubbles is like crackhead Rain Man. Kima is a supercop out of nowhere. The scene where Kima solves the witness being killed is one of the worst scenes on the show. Where she walks across the street from the murder scene and there are hundreds of shell casings and potatoes with bullet holes in them that somehow the cops and detectives at the scene missed. A retard could have solved that case but the scene is supposed to show that she is a 'natural police'.

The way that cases get solved in this show is so laughably bad.

CutesyMissy

The show is filled with magic niggers that succeed in everything and lots of typical kike trash scenes where the 'smart nigger' corrects the stupid bumbling dopey White man like you find in every single commercial or advertisement...
Yes, niggers were so successful that they fail at basic level scholastics, lacked willpower that turned them into drug users or pushers and, in turn, Baltimore into a living hell.

The fact that you take the remembrance of old basic literature quotes and characters for 'smart', says more about you that the crackhead negroes of the show.

Last edited:

ChimpanZ

Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Pops, Trix, Cocoa Pebbles
Yes, niggers were so successful that they fail at basic level scholastics, lacked willpower that turned them into drug users or pushers and, in turn, Baltimore into a living hell.

The fact that you take the remembrance of old basic literature quotes and characters for 'smart', says more about you that the crackhead negroes of the show.
Obv listing gods doesn’t make you “smart” but it’s a cheap, lazy way to tell the audience “this guy knows a thing or two about a thing or two.”

CutesyMissy

Obv listing gods doesn’t make you “smart” but it’s a cheap, lazy way to tell the audience “this guy knows a thing or two about a thing or two.”
Yet Omar was a homeless vigilante fag with no future. The writers were trying to portray characters that weren't bidimensional. They couldn't succeed 100% of the time, but with a cast the length of a fucking football stadium, I'd say they did pretty well.