Is the wire overrated?

Missy's Mangled Handster

BBJ Lover
He’s fucking cartoonishly evil. No personality or charisma. The ‘my name is my name’ speech stunk. In a show that’s supposed to be real, they made up a character that’s basically “Evil Nigger” like a MCU villain.
he was supposed to be Michael Corleone type, but the way he walked like a stiff board was always hilarious

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Very good show, but it is overrated for sure. One of those shows that I think suffers from pacing just because of how many fucking plot lines each season has. Season 5 also just got ridiculous.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Is the shield worth watching?
The Shield has probably one of the best first seasons and last seasons of any show ever made. And one of the strongest endings of any show or novel really. I would avoid spoilers and basically just binge watch the show from start to finish when you get a chance.
It was good but Hamsterdam was ludicrous
Was it? Because you can find legalized drug markets in every single city now in America. Fentanyl has made things like homelessness and open air drug markets pretty much normalized in any major inner city. Shoplifting is not even prosecuted anymore in most large American cities. If anything the Hamsterdam storyline is more grounded than what we have now.

Did Hamersterdam have a vending machine with free needles and condoms in it? No. That was Vegas, San Francisco, and NYC in real life. And now many more cities have vending machines that contain 'harm reduction devices'. If they had put that in Hamsterdam everyone would have cried "this show is so fucking unrealistic".

I'm personally holding out for the suicide booths from Futurama.
I've said it before, but every season just got progressively worse. Nice anticlimactic ending for Omar, stupids.

"But that was the whole point!" WAS IT?
HBO and other faggy media companies are all about 'shock value' endings and subverting expectations. Like how Game of Thrones turned into nothing but stupid plot twists where characters would do crazy unexpected things just to surprise the audience of retards doing mass react videos in a crowded dive bar.

Sopranos did this a million times better. Tony and Richie are gearing up for the big war. Richie is planning the hit on Tony. He punches Janice in the face. She kills hims instead. Shocking moment that no one could have predicted. On repeat viewings becomes one of the funniest moments on the show. "We buried him....with pinecones and birds chirping all around". "You did!!?!".

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
The Shield has probably one of the best first seasons and last seasons of any show ever made. And one of the strongest endings of any show or novel really. I would avoid spoilers and basically just binge watch the show from start to finish when you get a chance.

Was it? Because you can find legalized drug markets in every single city now in America. Fentanyl has made things like homelessness and open air drug markets pretty much normalized in any major inner city. Shoplifting is not even prosecuted anymore in most large American cities. If anything the Hamsterdam storyline is more grounded than what we have now.

Did Hamersterdam have a vending machine with free needles and condoms in it? No. That was Vegas, San Francisco, and NYC in real life. And now many more cities have vending machines that contain 'harm reduction devices'. If they had put that in Hamsterdam everyone would have cried "this show is so fucking unrealistic".

HBO and other faggy media companies are all about 'shock value' endings and subverting expectations. Like how Game of Thrones turned into nothing but stupid plot twists where characters would do crazy unexpected things just to surprise the audience of retards doing mass react videos in a crowded dive bar.

Sopranos did this a million times better. Tony and Richie are gearing up for the big war. Richie is planning the hit on Tony. He punches Janice in the face. She kills hims instead. Shocking moment that no one could have predicted. On repeat viewings becomes one of the funniest moments on the show. "We buried him....with pinecones and birds chirping all around". "You did!!?!".
You're right, In today's climate Hamsterdam isn't so ridiculous after all.
I couldn't agree with you more about the shield. Fantastic ending and start

DMAN

NYC Mayor
I fucking hate The Wire. Watching 5 seconds of it like the clip posted above just annoys me. "What a great scene! The character didn't speak and just stared autistically, yet somehow the 5 IQ criminal nigger who can't read body language understood him perfectly."

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer

Spoiler for those that have not watched.

They shield did miss a few beats here and there like Dutch being a deviant of some sort. That went nowhere

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Side note on The Shield. The nigger actor who played the closet fag character was a total psycho in real life. He married a track athlete and got into an argument with her one night. And told her "How about you try running to Heaven!". Then shot her in the legs several times killing her. He calls 911 himself and says "I just shot my wife a bunch of times". Cops show up, see his wife massacred and dead, and decide to let him go and don't even arrest him until a day later when the DA reads the reports and realizes how retarded the police were.

Hoolies

For me? It's Colin Quinn!
I fucking hate The Wire. Watching 5 seconds of it like the clip posted above just annoys me. "What a great scene! The character didn't speak and just stared autistically, yet somehow the 5 IQ criminal nigger who can't read body language understood him perfectly."

Fawkin' forgot they called themselves Spook Street :image_4764:

bantadant

Fantastic Man
There was one clip of two detectives examining a crime scene, and it's just them alternating saying "fuck" in different intonations for like 5 minutes. And people will defend this shit

DMAN

NYC Mayor
There was one clip of two detectives examining a crime scene, and it's just them alternating saying "fuck" in different intonations for like 5 minutes. And people will defend this shit

It's one of those things enjoyed by the type of person who wants you to watch that video on their phone - stop everything for 5 minutes to watch it on a wobbly screen in their hand that isn't held still, as they stare at you waiting for their dopamine in your reaction.

G

I saw everyone glowing about it on here so I decided to watch it. Told my gal "This show is supposed to be great, let's watch it."

We lasted about 20 minutes. It was just ooga booga nigger shit. Maybe I'm wrong I don't know - didn't watch far enough I guess. But it was niggery. Does it ever get less niggery?
It’s a show about an urban city and you’re surprised it has lots of black people? Every season goes further into how corrupt and broken the system is — giving you a look into many different parts of the system and how it all works (or doesn’t work) together.

I’m a disgusting racist and even I enjoyed this show. Inability to give something a real shot is a sign of stupidity by the way.