• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Ironically, Howard is probably responsible for all the pampering O&A received

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Howard always does that weird Jew thing where he claims he can easily master anything he tries, and everything is very easy for him. Acting, painting, chess, whatever. In reality, he's a horrible actor. He did "The Larry Sanders Show" and his shitty acting stood out like a sore thumb. He couldn't handle any real movie role.
He’s had to say multiple times that actors “all” say the HARDEST thing is playing yourself yet there’s tons of examples of actors playing themselves or a “version” of themselves and it’s not exactly challenging. Ryan Seacrest played a “version” of himself in “Knocked Up” and didn’t have a problem. Stan Lee playing himself in “Mallrats” was more believable than Stern’s performance as Howard Stern.

He still believes he’s a good musician because sugar Ray covered “electric bee”

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Howard's PR firm gives him "interesting" things to do and say on the air to appeal to new crowds. Chess was a big one for a while. Photography was another where he was bragging about his cameras and he would take all these photos of Beth or sunsets and whatnot and post them online. One of the most hilarious ones was 'collecting human skulls'. I guess his PR team thought it made him seem hardcore or edgy so once a week he would go on air and talk about the new bones he collected (cannibal wear bro!!). That one stopped pretty quickly.

Howard also is super into these wacky doctors that are basically cult leaders. Dr. Sarno was a big one. Probably one of the all time greatest exchanges on the show were the times that Howard claimed that Sarno's back therapy could also cure homosexuality. There is a passage in one of his books where he swears that chiropractics can stop someone from being gay. One time Artie brought this up on air, "you don't actually believe this crap still, right?", and you could tell Howard was deeply embarrassed and almost disturbed that it was being mentioned again and he just dropped the subject quickly.
The skull thing must of been during his “I’m a hard rock / heavy metal guy” from the late 90s / 2000s when Ralph dressed him like a retard and he got that dumb tattoo on his arm and would wear sleeveless shirts on his E! Show to show it off. It looked like it was drawn on with market.

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
$14,616,333 in 1997 would be $28,269,241 if it opened today.

Here are some movies Private Parts out-grossed in 1997:

Seven Years In Tibet
Vegas Vacation
Selena
The Full Monty
Beverly Hills Ninja
Event Horizon
Boogie Nights
Sling Blade
Air Bud
Beavis & Butthead Do America
The People Vs. Larry Flint
Jackie Brown
Chasing Amy
Mars Attacks

Beating out Private Parts in the next spot: Donnie Brasco by ~$700,000.

This is just more LingerLonger not knowing what he's talking about.

The Full Monty grossed $257 million. Private Parts grossed $41 million.

Unless you're playing "only 1997 counts!", in which case My Best Friend's Wedding was a bigger hit at the box office than Titanic.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
The Full Monty grossed $257 million. Private Parts grossed $41 million.

Unless you're playing "only 1997 counts!", in which case My Best Friend's Wedding was a bigger hit at the box office than Titanic.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. The part that said "in 1997" made that clear. I'm looking at domestic receipts here as, believe it or not, a movie about an American radio DJ didn't get an international release, so the only way to compare this is to the American (that's what domestic means) box office.

So yeah, I don't give a shit how much The Full Monty made in Indonesia.

Jenna

Forum Clout
Yes, that's exactly what I said. The part that said "in 1997" made that clear. I'm looking at domestic receipts here as, believe it or not, a movie about an American radio DJ didn't get an international release, so the only way to compare this is to the American (that's what domestic means) box office.

So yeah, I don't give a shit how much The Full Monty made in Indonesia.

You're aware of the term "cherry-picking", right Guitar Hero?

Might as well state All I Want For Christmas Is You has been the #1 song for the past two decades as long as we're only talking about late December.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
You're aware of the term "cherry-picking", right Guitar Hero?

Might as well state All I Want For Christmas Is You has been the #1 song for the past two decades as long as we're only talking about late December.

Go find some hairs, and split them. So many of you are so desperate for my attention you'll argue over ANYTHING. Get some fucking help.

Jenna

Forum Clout
Why is it unfair to compare a movie that came out in 1997 to other movies that came out in 1997?

Because on January 1st, 1998 movie theaters across the world didn't go "well, time to stop showing those 97 movies and move on to the 98 ones!"

If you go by Danny logic, My Best Friend's Wedding was a bigger hit than Titanic. Titanic was released in December 97 and made most of it's money in 1998, but that's "arguing against reality".

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Because on January 1st, 1998 movie theaters across the world didn't go "well, time to stop showing those 97 movies and move on to the 98 ones!"

If you go by Danny logic, My Best Friend's Wedding was a bigger hit than Titanic. Titanic was released in December 97 and made most of it's money in 1998, but that's "arguing against reality".
Ok i see. Then to make a more accurate comparison you would have to find movies released the same time as Private Parts and ran for the same amount of time (and obviously any movie that makes more money will run for a longer time)

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
Howard's PR firm gives him "interesting" things to do and say on the air to appeal to new crowds. Chess was a big one for a while. Photography was another where he was bragging about his cameras and he would take all these photos of Beth or sunsets and whatnot and post them online. One of the most hilarious ones was 'collecting human skulls'. I guess his PR team thought it made him seem hardcore or edgy so once a week he would go on air and talk about the new bones he collected (cannibal wear bro!!). That one stopped pretty quickly.

Howard also is super into these wacky doctors that are basically cult leaders. Dr. Sarno was a big one. Probably one of the all time greatest exchanges on the show were the times that Howard claimed that Sarno's back therapy could also cure homosexuality. There is a passage in one of his books where he swears that chiropractics can stop someone from being gay. One time Artie brought this up on air, "you don't actually believe this crap still, right?", and you could tell Howard was deeply embarrassed and almost disturbed that it was being mentioned again and he just dropped the subject quickly.
Sarno worked for me and I only read one chapter of his book. I've let others know and their pain also stopped.

Saint on earth.

But yeah it's obv Howard was gay and had his homosexuality 'cured'. Unlike my back pain though, it's clear Howie relapsed often.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Ok i see. Then to make a more accurate comparison you would have to find movies released the same time as Private Parts and ran for the same amount of time (and obviously any movie that makes more money will run for a longer time)

Stop giving her attention. Arguing for arguments sake. Anyone can look at the 1997 receipts and make their own judgements. Who in their right mind would compare fucking Private Parts to Titanic besides somebody absolutely frothing to argue. Put that bitch on ignore where she belongs with her low effort trolling.

Jenna

Forum Clout

Exactly. You want to compare it to Vegas Vacation or Selena, they were released around the same time (March 1997) and didn't make anything in 98 because they were out of theaters. But cherry-picking statistics based on what month the film was released while ignoring total box office?

@LingerLonger is right, it was a bomb. All the Howie fans saw it the first weekend, but $41 million on a $28 million dollar budget (with all the marketing money that Howie demanded) made it a niche movie for a niche audience. Much like Selena.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Sarno worked for me and I only read one chapter of his book. I've let others know and their pain also stopped.

Saint on earth.

But yeah it's obv Howard was gay and had his homosexuality 'cured'. Unlike my back pain though, it's clear Howie relapsed often.
Sucks Ralph died before Howard - you know he would have been the first to come forward with being Howard’s lover and other stories. Ralph was banking on that payday to write a book on the REAL Howard.

Jenna

Forum Clout
Are you trying to tell me that Private Parts....a film about a broadcast radio shock jock heard in only 30 markets was....a niche movie for a niche audience?

Are you a Hollywood exec or something? If not, you got a future, pal!!!!

You claimed Private Parts (released in March 97) did better than Beavis and Butt-Head do America (released December 20, 1997). And that's a niche movie about idiot teenagers.

Sorry that I'm going to Community Note your bullshit and add context. If you didn't cherry-pick statistics to make your point, you wouldn't need to be corrected.